D.h. Armor???- Mtbr.com

Thread: D.h. Armor???

mtbr member

D.h. Armor???

So I am possibly in the market for some armor. I hate wearing it because I get too hot. So what does everyone like? Pro's Con's etc... Also what do you all think about some of the padded shorts out there? They look like they would be hot as hell, but man I'm getting old (35) and can't afford to be hurt all the time.
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I hear ya, 35 this month as well. I wear 661's short sleeve compression shirt with the shoulder pads built into it and the Core Saver vest over that. More comfortable than a compression suit for sure. I don't even notice the compression shirt. I like using both of these because you get full shoulder coverage as well as your collarbone. I bought some compression shorts from Sports Authority that are meant for football. They have pads for your hips and tailbone, work just fine.

mtbr member
    I like the dainese jackets for protection with the best ventilation. Expensive but worth it. Ive been had a few different padded shorts. The newest fox launch shorts are my favorite by far. I forget i'm wearing them until i crash. Padding is the perfect thickness. Go for the armor. It's saved my ass more times than I can count.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    The661evo acket is pretty good. Its all gonna make you sweat,i like to prioritize fitand function. The 661will be on chainlove dot com today for 50+%off
    It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose!

mtbr member
    I just got POC bone elbow and knee/shim guards. Its all looks like very high quality, durable and fits perfect. I haven't crashed with it yet so I cant comment on that. the POC spive VPD shirt is next on my list

mtbr member
    I am older 38, and I crash! I wear an Under Armour style wicking shirt under a 661 Coresaver with an Omega Neck Collar. 661 Kyle Straits on the knees (they don't move and they have a hard plastic inside surrounded by lots of Neoprene and Padding, they are great - I have tried lots of them and these work best for me - big calves and normal thighs), the elbow pads I don't have situated quite yet, tried several and the all creep down exceot for the 661 4X2 but they are HOTTTTT.......If I could get the Kyle Straits in an elbow pad too I would be all over it! POC Cortex Flow Helmet on top! Got a TLD D2 Navy in L/XL with 1 weekend on it that I would let go for $100 bucks to someone on here if interested......

Almost forgot I am wearing either the 661 EVO Bomber Undershorts or the 661 Bomber Pro with hard shells.........and for DH I have found the actual MX Style DH Shorts breathe the best and are the most durable, my fox rangers and my Oakley Park Shorts took tears on the first day..........did I mention that I crash?

mtbr member
    Great stuff! Chainlove seems like a cool deal if you can catch it. Def. need more shoulder protection than the core saver. Shoulders are trashed! I agree the kyle straits are the best! I guess it's between the 661 pressure suit/ evo/ or the fox launch suit right now.

mtbr member
    BTW good call on the Foosball shorts! I'm gonna check into that tomorrow.

Eroding into the trail

661 full body armore suit on - prescott AZ

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    just got the TLD bp 7850 and it is nice. Very comfortable and not super bulky and breathes really well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Ufo Reactor 2. Lightweight, Slim, Comfortable and works great with leatt which I would highly reccomend if your trying to avoid injuries. Obviously nowhere near as much protection as a full jacket but it protects your core great.