Cutting of the stearer tube- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cutting of the stearer tube

Im gonna be getting my new granmal frame in the mail this monday so im gonna start ordering parts to get my fork on, but the steering tube on my 888 looks like its gonna be alittle long, do you have to cut them?Do any of you guys know of what chainguides will fit on the granmal, blackshire DS-1 NS-1?

thanks

Road/XC/Freeride
    Often.

Always tryout spacers first to see how you like it. You can always cut a little more off but you can't add a little on!
    I'm on the Twitter.

mtbr member
    how do you ride yours?

Pain Is A State Of Mind
    .......BIKE SHOP would be good for you!
    Opportunity awaits those that are worthy....
    Photamagrapher---http://gallery.photographyreview.com...&ppuser=244688

I wear two thongs
    If its only a little bit too long say 1-2 inches or so you can get some spacers and place them underneath or on top of the stem (or a little bit of both to get the stem height to your liking. then If you want you can cut off the excess removing the need for the spacers above the stem, or you could just leave it long and have more stem height adjustability. If you go the cutting route I used one of these to cut my steer tube and just took my time so I didnt damage the cutting wheel.

Hiking is just walking where its okay to pee... Sometimes old people go hiking by accident. -Demetri Martin-

Shwing
    also if your going with cutting it yourself, a dremel or hacksaw work well
    Nothing Else Matters...

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hoefer
    you could just leave it long and have more stem height adjustability. If you go the cutting route I used one of these to cut my steer tube and just took my time so I didnt damage the cutting wheel.

don't cut the stearier tube untill you have it on your bike.....find exactly how long you want the tube first......

then for the cleanest and straitest cuts..... use a pipe cutter (picture above) that is the best way
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hoefer
    If its only a little bit too long say 1-2 inches or so you can get some spacers and place them underneath or on top of the stem (or a little bit of both to get the stem height to your liking. then If you want you can cut off the excess removing the need for the spacers above the stem, or you could just leave it long and have more stem height adjustability. If you go the cutting route I used one of these to cut my steer tube and just took my time so I didnt damage the cutting wheel.

werd

Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Members who have read this thread: 0