Cross post- Looking for a freeride frame- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Cross post- Looking for a freeride frame

Hi, Im looking for a freeride frame with 5-6 inches rear travel. I want to get a single pivot. It needs to stand up to drops to flat fairly well, and light hucking in general. Im looking to buy used. My budget is about 650 max. I have been looking at the Transition Covert, and the Preston. Also looking at the fisher Roscoe and hifi, but not sure if the frame can handle freeride. Any advice?Thanks

edit:ideally Looking for a cheaper version of the transition bottlerocket, to give everyone an idea
    Last edited by Mountain biker 41; 08-04-2008 at 09:50 AM.
    Buy My 2010 Mint COndition Transition Covert LARGE 150mm Full suspension. 2000 firm see classified add

For The Win
    Well, thats not a lot to work with.. But my suggestion is to look into a used 07 IH Yakuza Aniki..
    Like this:http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/261569/
    Slow is cool too, right?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Just to confirm, I am looking for a frame only. Thanks for the link, i will be sure to look into that frame
    Buy My 2010 Mint COndition Transition Covert LARGE 150mm Full suspension. 2000 firm see classified add

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    easton slash?? looks like the right kinda thing jensonusa.com

you can probably get more quality for the $$ looking for used frames, but there is a risk of getting somones crap.
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

Slap happy crappiness
    My roommate is selling his Banshee Scream with a 02 Monster T. Complete for $850 but I'm sure you could talk him down a bit. If you're interested I'll PM you his number.
    BTW, this is the year model that had adjustable rear travel. 6in, 7in, and 8in.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Members who have read this thread: 0