The Creek Story- Mtbr.com

Thread: The Creek Story

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004

The Creek Story

Greatest day of my life..................ever! Mt. Creek was a blast, although there was like a foot of mud at places due to the whole day of rain yesterday, it was still fun. My rear Nokian NBX was sliding all over the place, in the mud, on rocks and roots, and in dry places as well. However, i have to say, the Mobster I got for free friggin saved my life 10 times over.

The Mobster slid only once or twice and that was in deep mud. Some trails were closed such as the one with the lots of berms one and other trails were just a b!tch, like "Syonara," it almost took me out the first time but I made it the second time clean. And oh yeah, my bike needs upgrades.................

My wrists are dying, need a Super T, a floater would be nice but thats not my first priority. And a better rear brake because the Hayes just kept on loosing power. Also, I'd want a 2.5 mobster in the rear.

No actions shots because I didn't bring a camera and the place was literally empty today so there weren't any photographers there. Our day was ended early by heavy downpours.

Now for the stupid question, because of all the hosing I did and the rain, would I need to take apart my headset and the bottom bracket so it wont rust? Hopefully not.........

Hey Juanjo, didn't see you there, maybe next time.

P.S. Also got a Fox fullface and elbow pads. This was the first Creek trip that I didn't wipe out on!
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China
    Greatest day of my life..................ever! Mt. Creek was a blast, although there was like a foot of mud at places due to the whole day of rain yesterday, it was still fun. My rear Nokian NBX was sliding all over the place, in the mud, on rocks and roots, and in dry places as well. However, i have to say, the Mobster I got for free friggin saved my life 10 times over.

The Mobster slid only once or twice and that was in deep mud. Some trails were closed such as the one with the lots of berms one and other trails were just a b!tch, like "Syonara," it almost took me out the first time but I made it the second time clean. And oh yeah, my bike needs upgrades.................

My wrists are dying, need a Super T, a floater would be nice but thats not my first priority. And a better rear brake because the Hayes just kept on loosing power. Also, I'd want a 2.5 mobster in the rear.

No actions shots because I didn't bring a camera and the place was literally empty today so there weren't any photographers there. Our day was ended early by heavy downpours.

Now for the stupid question, because of all the hosing I did and the rain, would I need to take apart my headset and the bottom bracket so it wont rust? Hopefully not.........

Hey Juanjo, didn't see you there, maybe next time.

P.S. Also got a Fox fullface and elbow pads. This was the first Creek trip that I didn't wipe out on!
    only if you squirted the dirt off your bike hard
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    only if you squirted the dirt off your bike hard
    ........... u mean if i aimed at places where water could get in directly? dont think so, just did the dt, tt, wheels, fork, and indirectly aimed the the headset. the bb i aimed at the crank part which is connected to the bb, not directly at it.

would the rain have any effect on the rust?

DREAM THEATER

Juanjo
    ........... u mean if i aimed at places where water could get in directly? dont think so, just did the dt, tt, wheels, fork, and indirectly aimed the the headset. the bb i aimed at the crank part which is connected to the bb, not directly at it.

I didn't make it today.. SUCKS.. anyway next time

Just go to a car wash or clean the bike with a lot of water and then put W40 all arround (skip the rotors ; )... that's what I used to do with my bike (motorcycle) . To lazy to take stuff apart .
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

Glad to Be Alive

general maintenance...take apart regrease every 3 months all will be good
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    general maintenance...take apart regrease every 3 months all will be good
    ahhhh, ill just wait till my next tune up date...............all better be good. i thought these things had sealed bearings......hehehe. w/e im not gonna get paranoid over this x 10

DREAM THEATER