CRC wheel build- Mtbr.com

Thread: CRC wheel build

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

CRC wheel build

been thinking of getting some custom built wheels from CRC,has anyone had any problems with wheels built and purchased from them?
    My build will be Hope Pro 2 hubs laced to mavic 721 or 729 rims but as you know,wheels are only as strong as the build

mtbr member
    had no problem with the wheels i got from there. But stif cycles have the best reputation for building wheels, got a lot of awards but you do pay a little more than at crc.

Road/XC/Freeride
    Yeh, I can attest that Stif's really good but honestly, CRC are really great too and their customer service has been brilliant with me in the past.
    I'm on the Twitter.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    yep, both CRC and stif are brilliant. i haven't actually got a wheel from CRC, but my friend has had both his hardtail wheels from there and he seems really pleased with them. ive had a front wheel from stif and there haven't been any problems so far.

try adding your builds to the basket on both sites and seeing the price difference

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just to throw another one into the mix I got my 5.1D/Pro II from Merlin. Still true after a couple of trips to the Alps as well as the rides during the week.

local trails rider
    Hearsay:
    generally people seem to be happy with CRC built wheels. I have seen one complaint about too low spoke tension.

Members who have read this thread: 0