Crash Replacement ?'s- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Upset Crash Replacement ?'s

How long does the crash replacement process usually take. I buckled my frame and had to get a new front triangle. It took almost a week and a half just for the shop to hear back from the rep to know what my options for replacement were. I then told the shop that I'd just like to buy a new front triangle and they said that they would call the rep so that it could be ordered. This was almost a month ago. I called the shop two days ago to see if they knew the status of the frame (when or if it had been shipped) and they didnt know but they said that they would call me back. I think that this whole process is taking a very long time and im not sure when its going to finally end. Has anyone else gone through this? How long did it take you? Bottom line Im getting impatient and missing races and its getting on my nerves.
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have a friend who is trying to get a crash replacement demo. They told him it would be a few months before they could even think about selling him a new one. My bet is that these companies will put a crash replacement order towards the back of the line especially if they are getting a lot of orders from people willing to pay full price for a frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Assuming you're on a giant by your sig? Try calling giant directly, they usually only go through a shop, but if you just ask for an update you might be able to get one. It usually doesn't take that long, although giant is one of the most retarded companies in the world to deal with (they get you what you need, eventually, but they'll send you the wrong part/thing 5-6 times before they get it right)

mtbr member
    Your getting f*cked by your LBS. The shop is just being a lazy f*ck about getting your replacement done because its not making any money out of the deal. I have been working in shops for a while now and can't tell you how many times I have seen this happen. The paying customer gets priority. This is wrong, and I'm not condoning of it at all, but just take my word for it when I say go straight through the distributor or bike company and make a lot of noise when they tell you to go through the shop instead.Then find a new shop to go to.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I think ill try getting a hold of giant then.
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    It shouldn't take more than a week to have the front triangle in your hands. Just stand at your dealer and get them to call while you are there. Or get your bike back from them and go to another Giant dealer and have them sort it out. Tell them the story, I'm sure they will be happy to have a new customer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I would call GIANT directly and see WTF is going on. this is one of the reasons I hate GIANT and SPECIALIZED that is not CUSTOMER SERVICE that is BS waiting a MONTH.I had to WARRANTY a couple of Mountain Cycles i destroyed took 10 days and 300.00 and i had a new frame their top of the line 2009 MC 8.0 shockwave lovin good customer service. I always before i buy a frame check out how previous buyers have been treated with warranty issues and the feedback from riders saves alot of hassels if you have issues with the product. I have a CANFIED and Mountain Cycle and CUSTOMER SERVICE is great from both....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have my frame. I dont think there is another giant dealer intown cause one closed.. Where can i find the number i should call at giant
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Update: I called the shop and they said that it was on its way..should be here today or tomorow.

-Huntandride
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Members who have read this thread: 0