Cost of Jr T to Super T conversion?- Mtbr.com
    Xtremely Moderate

Cost of Jr T to Super T conversion?

Have any of you guys converted a Jr T to a Super T?

How much did Zoke charge for the Super T carts/internals?
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

TNC
    noMAD man

I'll PM ya.

Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Have any of you guys converted a Jr T to a Super T?

How much did Zoke charge for the Super T carts/internals?
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

mTbRider
    Jul 2005
    See the HSCV Carts thread.

Glad to Be Alive
    let me know EIO and I will check my circle
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Xtremely Moderate
    Well the reason, I ask, is because Cambria has got this whole package w/ an 05 Jr T, headset, carbon bar, & grips for a pretty decent price.

I thought it might work out well for my wife's VP-Free that I started building cuz I've been ordered to do it somewhat on the cheap. The 05 Jr T is all black which meets my beloved's "fashion" criteria and I figured I could just gut it after the fact and make it identical to my Super T which she likes.

Fashionable yet functional, cheap & light are hard to do all at the same time.
    She's picky....... but I love her......
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Glad to Be Alive
    Well the reason, I ask, is because Cambria has got this whole package w/ an 05 Jr T, headset, carbon bar, & grips for a pretty decent price.

I thought it might work out well for my wife's VP-Free that I started building cuz I've been ordered to do it somewhat on the cheap. The 05 Jr T is all black which meets my beloved's "fashion" criteria and I figured I could just gut it after the fact and make it identical to my Super T which she likes.

Fashionable yet functional, cheap & light are hard to do all at the same time.
    She's picky....... but I love her......

do it...ask cambria if you can get any deal switching it out

second...would your wife be able to tell the difference....I mean is she really going to do real bumpy trails where she might get the spike under speed....I would just leave it alone. The Jr. T will take the hit for one bump or drop. I don't she will know the difference between a Super T and Jr T.....only you know that
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    second...would your wife be able to tell the difference....I mean is she really going to do real bumpy trails where she might get the spike under speed....I would just leave it alone. The Jr. T will take the hit for one bump or drop. I don't she will know the difference between a Super T and Jr T.....only you know that
    Maybe yes maybe no........sometimes I under estimate her.

Most of the trails around here consist of lots small successive bumps (roots & rocks) which I think the Jr. T would suck at (for me anyway). But then agian this will probably be light years ahead of the Minute fork she's been riding for years.

Hmmmmm....... ......you're probably right SMT.

Glad to Be Alive
    Maybe yes maybe no........sometimes I under estimate her.

Most of the trails around here consist of lots small successive bumps (roots & rocks) which I think the Jr. T would suck at (for me anyway). But then agian this will probably be light years ahead of the Minute fork she's been riding for years.

Hmmmmm....... ......you're probably right SMT.

look at this way.........spiking is only when you hit those bumps at speed....if she rides at a moderate pace then she will not notice the difference

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    look at this way.........spiking is only when you hit those bumps at speed....if she rides at a moderate pace then she will not notice the difference
    High speed stairs suck on a Jr. T. So do medium speed stairs. You'd be surprised how slow "high speed" really can be. Not that roots are as bad as stairs, but I'd bet she notices some improvement with the Super. I doubt it is a big enough difference to make up for the cost of upgrading though.
    Trestle Bike Park

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpalooza
    High speed stairs suck on a Jr. T. So do medium speed stairs. You'd be surprised how slow "high speed" really can be. Not that roots are as bad as stairs, but I'd bet she notices some improvement with the Super. I doubt it is a big enough difference to make up for the cost of upgrading though.
    I think it takes a great ot better than average rider to really see the difference

mTbRider
    Jul 2005
    Don't mean to call you out SMT so don't take it that way, but do you have experience with this conversion? First you recommend "Do it," followed by statements that suggest his wife really won't need it and then comment that you basically would need to be an expert to see the difference. This is not true. The HSCV cartridge makes a noticable difference even for riders of "average" skill that ride aggressively (sums me up). Better low speed compression for small stutter bumps = less forearm pump and more control. It will also give you better bottoming resistance as well so you are better off at both ends of the stroke. With this upgrade you are running the same exact suspension damping technology as the '05 66R (RC is dual HSCV), just in a different configuration = triple tree and smaller stanchions. Check out any '05 Marz. manuel. The 66R is running an HSCV cart. with rebound outside adjustment (= '03 Super T Cart) in the right leg while the left is running SSV damping rod. The same configuration E<I>O's wife would be lovin in order to save her wrists and reduce forearm pump = longer rides. There is a reason HSCV carts are used in the majority of Marzocchi's high end forks and this conversion is a fraction of the cost of buying a whole new fork Best of luck with your decision E<I>O.

high school loser
    ive been wondering how much it costs too... so... about how much does it cost...
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm77
    Don't mean to call you out SMT so don't take it that way, but do you have experience with this conversion? First you recommend "Do it," followed by statements that suggest his wife really won't need it and then comment that you basically would need to be an expert to see the difference. This is not true. The HSCV cartridge makes a noticable difference even for riders of "average" skill that ride aggressively (sums me up). Better low speed compression for small stutter bumps = less forearm pump and more control. It will also give you better bottoming resistance as well so you are better off at both ends of the stroke. With this upgrade you are running the same exact suspension damping technology as the '05 66R (RC is dual HSCV), just in a different configuration = triple tree and smaller stanchions. Check out any '05 Marz. manuel. The 66R is running an HSCV cart. with rebound outside adjustment (= '03 Super T Cart) in the right leg while the left is running SSV damping rod. The same configuration E<I>O's wife would be lovin in order to save her wrists and reduce forearm pump = longer rides. There is a reason HSCV carts are used in the majority of Marzocchi's high end forks and this conversion is a fraction of the cost of buying a whole new fork Best of luck with your decision E<I>O.

cool for the post...let me clearify what I was trying to say

Do it.....meaning take the great deal from Cambria

second (I really don't know the answer) I assume she doesn't ride that fast or knarly enough to notice the difference

sorry it wasn't that clear

mtbr member
    I Have done the conversion. I had a Stinky Dee with a Jr. T. I converted it with the HSCV Cartridge through my LBS. Cost me about 175 total if I recall correctly. BIG difference in performance. Is well worth the cost to upgrade it. BUT I have since gone to an 888R. And there is the real difference. But that is a whole nother thread. But yes the conversion makes a noticable difference and is worth the cost.
    Harry......I took care of it!!

Don't skid
    this is probably a stupid questions but why convert the Jr. T? Why not just get a Super T? If you already have a Jr. T then the answer is obvious.
    I guess what I am asking is, is a Jr. T converted to dual HSVC better than a stock Super T? I think someone in another thread mentioned something about better tire clearance on the 05 Jr. T's.

mTbRider
    Jul 2005
    SMT, your thread makes total since now. Hope I didn't come off harsh. Wasn't trying to rip you. Nobody242424 - my upgrade cost $150 flat from my LBS and included installation (they needed a thin walled 12mm socket that had to be special ordered from snap-on I was told). I've seen it adverstised through some shop on the MTBR website for $110 as part of some kind of promotion. Might have been BeyondBikes.com or Go-Ride.com. I have the 2005 Jr. T and am running a 2.7 Maxxis Mobster without it rubbing = very nice. The reason someone may consider buying a Jr. T and then doing the upgrade is because they discontinued Super Ts in 2005 = they're history. Maybe try ebay or the mtbr classifieds if you would consider used ones, unless the deal from cambria is just too good to pass.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    this is probably a stupid questions but why convert the Jr. T? Why not just get a Super T? If you already have a Jr. T then the answer is obvious.
    I guess what I am asking is, is a Jr. T converted to dual HSVC better than a stock Super T? I think someone in another thread mentioned something about better tire clearance on the 05 Jr. T's.
    1. Package deal which includes other items I need for the build.
    2. Slightly better tire clearance.
    3. Bolt on 05 lowers - no QR20 BS

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I bet someone could pick up an '05 Drop Off Triple from somebody really cheap, and then do the cartridge swap to it. They are the same 170mm as the other forks this year. I think the only difference is the cheaper SSV damping.

Glad to Be Alive
    SMT, your thread makes total since now. Hope I didn't come off harsh. .
    no I saw how someone could be confused...believe me there can be harsher tones or more than likey tongue and cheeck response with a slight comment...no worries ye matey.....aRRRR

mTbRider
    Jul 2005
    Maybe try asking the folks at cambria if they can take care of the conversion at a resonable rate since you would be spending $$ on more than just the forks? Most shops should be able to do it. If you are familair with rebuilding forks you could even do it yourself - there is not that much to'em, can oder directly from Marzocchi:
    MARZOCCHI USA
    25213 Anza Drive - VALENCIA - CA 91355 USA - USA
    Phone: +1 661 257 6630
    Fax: +1 661 257 6636
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Web site: http://www.marzocchi.com/spa/usa/?LN=UK

Glad to Be Alive
    Maybe try asking the folks at cambria if they can take care of the conversion at a resonable rate since you would be spending $$ on more than just the forks? Most shops should be able to do it. If you are familair with rebuilding forks you could even do it yourself - there is not that much to'em, can oder directly from Marzocchi:
    MARZOCCHI USA
    25213 Anza Drive - VALENCIA - CA 91355 USA - USA
    Phone: +1 661 257 6630
    Fax: +1 661 257 6636
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Web site: http://www.marzocchi.com/spa/usa/?LN=UK
    fuc that...use the 800#
    800-227-5579

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    ...no, a Jr. T coverted to dual HSCV is a Super T. The rest of the forks are the same, the carts are different. Switch out the Jr. T's for the Super's, and you have a Super T...just the wrong stickers on the side.
    Trestle Bike Park

Xtremely Moderate
    Well.................thanks for the input everyone.............but it was all in vain.

I know some Manitou haters.......errr hmm (cough) SMT.......will flame me, but I just scored a really good deal on this brand new 2005 Slider.

Practically speaking, IMO its the better(best) tool for the job...................