Corsair Maelstrom Frame Weight????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Corsair Maelstrom Frame Weight????

Whats the weight of the corsair maelstrom frame???

mtbr member

Corsair Maelstrom and Konig weights...

Quote Originally Posted by FreerideMonkey7
    Whats the weight of the corsair maelstrom frame???
    i just got a response from doug at corsair bikes for this same question today.

this is what he wrote:

"I can only give you really accurate weights when I have the final production frames. Soon! What I can tell you at this moment is this. You have probably seen photos of both the Maelstrom and Konig on any number of MTB news websites. As you see the complete bicycles, the Konig weighs 34 pounds and the Maelstrom weighs 40 pounds. The final production version of both of these bikes/frames will be a bit lighter due to some final revisions we made before the first production. Generally speaking we believe our frames will be in the lightest 25% of the category they compete in."

based on doug's answer above, I'm guessing the Maelstrom w/ coil shock will probably weigh around 10lbs, while Konig w/ air shock will probably weigh around 7 lbs.

mtbr member
    yeah i already emailed them since i didn't get any answers and they told me the same thing
    im hoping the maelstrom weighs around 9 pounds but it probably weighs around 10 as you said. maybe like 9.5 or something because the parts on it are pretty heavy .
    i would expect the konig to weigh around 7.5 - 8 pounds because it has a lighter fork and no front derrailer it also has an air shock which makes it lighter

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I'd bet the 10lb guess will be pretty close on the Maelstrom. But, it is a very, very efficient pedaler and I will climb better than it's numbers show. The Maelstrom is the kind of bike that you could ride 20 miles to huck a 20 footer.

mtbr member

More Maelstrom Q's...

Quote Originally Posted by Err
    I'd bet the 10lb guess will be pretty close on the Maelstrom. But, it is a very, very efficient pedaler and I will climb better than it's numbers show. The Maelstrom is the kind of bike that you could ride 20 miles to huck a 20 footer.
    Yeah, I don't doubt that the Maelstrom would be an efficient pedaler for its weight. Routing the chain close to the pivot point w/ the idler pulley isn't too common but it's not a new idea either (done before on Balfa's BB7 / Appalache's Real, Canfield's F1, BMW's Racelink, and PDC Racing's Solaris to name a few). The idler pulley is supposed to improve the high single pivot's pedaling efficiency by limiting pedaling effects on suspension movement (as well as limiting the suspension's effects on the cranks).

Err, I dont' wanna highjack this thread or start a big forum debate about single pivots and brake squat, but I'm curious since you're one of the few who's demo'd the prototypes (thread here), how does rear braking affect the Maelstrom's rear suspension action?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I'd like to know more on this bike too.

mtbr member
    the frame weighs about 11 pounds(5.1 kilos) weighed with a manitou revox and 350 pound spring
    these frames are gonna start shipping july 20-25 last i heard

mtbr member
    thanks alot.Anyone got luky riding one?

mtbr member

Members who have read this thread: 0