Contour Camera Spam- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Contour Camera Spam

I have been a member here for a long time and wanted to share the experiences i am having with my new Contour HD camera. I have a GoPro and can honestly say that the Contour is so much easier to use, and in turn caused me to bring them into my store. So my spam is that if anyone is looking to get one of the Contour cameras i have the Contour + and the Roam in stock and should be getting the Contour GPS in soon. Shot me a PM and i'll give you some pricing, as i don't want to make this to much of a sells pitch.

Glad to Be Alive
    tell us why the contour is easier to use.....if you are going to say a statement don't be lame and don't give reasons....some one could say ....yeah

do the right thing and pay for an add (5 bucks is nothing)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    you are so right. i just realized after you said that. sorry about that.

the reason i said that is the ease of recording. i have the gopro and find it difficult sometimes to know that i am recording. when you have gloves on and trying to push that little button and hear the faint beep with a full face helmet on that recording has started is a pain at best. i find it so much simpler to just leave camera on and slide the record button forward to start recording and slide it backwards to stop on the contour. the contour also comes with software that you can edit your videos where as the gopro does not. both cameras have many different mounts that make either very good to use, but the mounts that the contour uses allow for a quicker shot angles and the contour is very low profile so if you want to mount it a fork leg it's not protruding off the side like the gopro does. bottom line for me is i love how low profile it is and the ease of adjusting angles quicker. also the top of line model, contour + comes with blue tooth, gps, and hdmi output which also comes with the hdmi cables.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Agreed on the Contour. I've played with both and own a ContourHD. The physical switch is so much easier to use than the button, especially with gloves on. I like the smaller form factor of the Contour as well. Makes me look less like some weird alien like the GoPro sitting 6" off the top of my helmet like some weird third armored martian eyeball.

mtbr member
    I love my contour too.
    Low profile, intuitive to use, and video quality is fine.
    It's a great product.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    have you used the bluetooth to connect to a smartphone as a monitor so you can see what your recording?
    Im still torn between the Contour & the VIO POV

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have a GoPro (first generation) and a Contour and prefer the Contour. The big switch is easier to use, and it's less bulky on my helmet, and it uses a standard connector. The laser aiming thing is nice too.

cdouble
    Jul 2007
    I have a contour gps and have used thre bluetooth with my android phone. It is great for framing the shot, but also for fiddling with the many settings (resolution, framerate, exposure, etc). Note that the bluetooth turns off once you start recording, but at that point you shouldn't be staring at your phone anyway.

cdouble
    http://mo7s.blogspot.com
    cdouble

http://mo7s.blogspot.com

"It never gets easier, you just go faster"
    Greg LeMond

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i have paired it with my phone and it's pretty cool. you can get into the camera setting and adjust them to liking without having to plug it in to the computer. as for the VIO POV, i can't really compare the two cause i've never used one of those. now for the holidays i am going to be putting our contours on sale, so drop me a PM and i'll give you the pricing before i post them.