connecticut downhill?- Mtbr.com
    somewhere in socal

connecticut downhill?

i will be in connecticut for a few weeks and will have my m3 with me. i am riding diablo and platekill but would like to see if there is any descent downhill specific trails. shuttle or hike-a-bike. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loves His Sunday
    search bustedspoke.com its local to new england. I live in ct. There is god stuff in Middletown, and Glastonbury. Glastonbury has some of the most fun trails ive ever ridden. Its part of the state forest.
    SAYNDESYN on the Iron Horse Sunday,

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

somewhere in socal
    Quote Originally Posted by mxrider489
    search bustedspoke.com its local to new england. I live in ct. There is god stuff in Middletown, and Glastonbury. Glastonbury has some of the most fun trails ive ever ridden. Its part of the state forest.
    thanks. busted spoke has good info.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I also live in CT the other good site for trail listings is Crankfire.com.Where in CT are you going to be staying?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    i think there is some stuff in trumball but im not certain
    Just ride.....

should know better.....
    CT local here.
    Best sites with CT content are,
    Crankfire.com
    Bikerag.com
    Bustedspoke.com
    Ridemonkey.com

Trumbull is great for freeride, somewhat notorious for flat landings though. Many, many drops to hit. No really long descents though. Go with someone who knows it, and it can all be linked up for a fun ride. On weekends, you'll see everything from xc riders, to guys with 50lb DH sleds fully suited up.

somewhere in socal
    i will be staying in stratford and trumbull.

should know better.....
    Show up at the commuter parking lot off Daniels Farm Rd. off RT 25 in Trumbull on any Sunday , anytime from about 8 AM onwards, and groups will show up to ride. We went early today, left the lot before 7:45, coming out at about 10:30, a HUGE crew was just rolling in. Must have been 15 riders at least. Too big, as far as I'm concerned, too much waiting if you session stuff, which a lot of people do there.

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr

trumbull reprezent

the "valley" is what its nicknamed
    if you enter the daniels farm parking lot, go across the little stream, youll find some fun stuff like a log ride and some drops. that place is filled with awesome stuff- a 35 roller which is gnarly as balls, to a 30 foot drop which is also gnarly as balls, and you can find other rollers and drops that suit your skills. theres prob 2 sweet short downhill spots , but allllot of freeride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

somewhere in socal
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    the "valley" is what its nicknamed
    if you enter the daniels farm parking lot, go across the little stream, youll find some fun stuff like a log ride and some drops. that place is filled with awesome stuff- a 35 roller which is gnarly as balls, to a 30 foot drop which is also gnarly as balls, and you can find other rollers and drops that suit your skills. theres prob 2 sweet short downhill spots , but allllot of freeride.

nice pics......def will hit trumbull.

Members who have read this thread: 0