Confused on buying bike...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Confused on buying bike...

Supposedly since there is no downhill in texas i dont need a downhill bike, but i would like to do dirt jupming, moderate downhill, and some cross country. should i get a HT or FS? I need to know which bike to buy, i wanna spend around 1200 or 13 at the most, and im not that tall only like 5 9 so which size bike should i buy? thanks guys

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    replies???

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    on your other almost identical post you corrected a guy for saying yuo had a 1200 dollar budget but now you do, and you were very firm that you DIDN'T want a hardtail, now you might.

you seem to have no idea what kind of riding Dallas has, and are clueless on whether or not there are even any mountains around you, so maybe you should go outside and look around and then get back to us.

l337 |31k3r
    When it comes down to it, the P-series bikes are a good value for what I think you might be describing.
    http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkMode...kd5kmw8.j27006

An offering from kona
    http://www.konaworld.com/kw_index.cfm (im looking at the 2005 cowan.)

Im simply recommending HT's because it seems to be that you may be a beginner and not into spending too much money on something thats not 100%....a nice HT can get you out there for not too much cost, and having fun without too much hasle.
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

TNC
    noMAD man

Well, I have to agree with ya, NOB.

Quote Originally Posted by northoceanbeach
    on your other almost identical post you corrected a guy for saying yuo had a 1200 dollar budget but now you do, and you were very firm that you DIDN'T want a hardtail, now you might.

you seem to have no idea what kind of riding Dallas has, and are clueless on whether or not there are even any mountains around you, so maybe you should go outside and look around and then get back to us.
    This guy does sound a little schizophrenic. I'm also from Texas, and I know there are some good sources of info at several very good bike shops in the DFW area where he is located. And even though Texas isn't known for hardcore DH like say, Colorado, California, and such, there are some surprisingly good riders on some pretty large bikes. There's a fairly popular DH race in the hill country at Kelly Creek Ranch near Kerville that is pretty gnarly, and some guys are doing some stuff at the Palo Duro Canyon area near Amarillo. I also detect a little impatience in his posts. Richard, get out to some of those DFW area shops (there's a ton) and get the word from the locals too. Oklahoma isn't too far from DFW. That Devil's Den location on the Okla/Ark border isn't too far from DFW.

The Gnarchitect Sketch.
    Nah, he's not a beginner, he's ridden BMX a lot...

I'd say go for a hardtail, something like a banshee scirocco, rm flow, sc chameleon, kona (scrap, shred, stool, I can't friggin remember which is which). Pick up a clearance RM flow for $250 at supergo, spend the remaining $950 on parts, that could be a pretty boss all-arounder. Or if durability is your thing, look at the azonic steelhead... THat's like $200 for the frame...