CODE and SAINT- Mtbr.com

Thread: CODE and SAINT

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

CODE and SAINT

is it possible, w/o switching rotors to run code brakes on saint hubs? like is there any adapter made that would work?

if not, what rotors would you recomend?
    or should i just go with saint brakes?

General Rabble-Rouser
    There is no problem running the Saint center lock rotor with the Code calipers.
    I had a Hone rear hub & CL disc and it worked fine. The only problem is the disc would wail like a banshee compared to the Avid discs no matter how the brakes were applied

Meh.
    The Saint rotor has a fairly narrow braking path (blade). The Avid Code has a wider pad. This means that some of the pad will grab at the rotor arms. This will eventually lead to uneven pad wear. However, since Saint is an oversized centerlock, there are no adapters. So you'll either have to live with it or bevel the bottom of the pads.

mtbr member
    or just get saint brakes.. i have 2 sets one w/ 6 inch center lock rotors the other with 8 inch 6 bolt rotors. i'm about 210 in weight and the stopping is amazing .. excellent power without being over powering.

i hear codes are awesome.. but my buddy adam who probably weighs about 180 said that they felt almost too strong..

i dont' know, do what you think feels best.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    i weigh 160 and they're amazing (codes). No noise, easy one fingered stopping at all times, and they're not grabby at all. plus i've hit the lever pretty hard now and didn't even scratch the paint

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    The one problem I had was that the Saint rotor came loose on its little buttons. The attachment to the centerlock spider developed a pretty good amount of play, and was super loud. I have since switched to an Avid rotor, so we'll see if they noise goes away.

Members who have read this thread: 0