Code 5 break in?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Code 5 break in?

Any tips on centering code 5's on an 04 888? Having trouble with the front dragging no matter what I do? Followed the manual with no luck. Also, any tips on breaking in these, any way to speed up the process?

General Rabble-Rouser
    Loosen the bolts off and see if the caliper has an even amount of play on each side in the tri-align

I had to use a few washers to space the adapter out correctly to get the caliper to sit properly so I could use the full adjustments

N* Bomber Crew
    Make sure you run the correct adapters. I think Avid still ships their brakes with adapters designed for Quick Release Axles. You need to buy an adapter that works for a 20mm Thru Axle and a 203mm Rotor.

When I got my Juicy 7's I had to swap out adapters.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Mi vida es bueno
    I've had the same problem with my Code 5's, just in the rear. Loosened the bolts, did what the manual says, but no cigar.

Meh.
    Only Marzocchi has those offset tabs that require the thicker adapters... but you can just space the adapters over.

It's possible the system is overfilled and is causing the pistons to be slightly extended and drag. It's also possible the range of adjustment is maxed out and the caliper is not centered properly.

Members who have read this thread: 0