China Camp's Backside anyone???? on 12/29- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    103

    China Camp's Backside anyone???? on 12/29

    I really need to get out on the VP Free again. I've been all up and down the front of China Camp and really need to hit it's backside. I actually haven't ridden there so I'll need some guidance.
    Friday the 29th is perfect for me. 10 or 11 start?
    So let's go hit it up you baycal riders.

  2. #2
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    cool... i feel like tackling hitler again too... that guy wooped my butt 5 times last time i was there...

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    wheres china camp, ill c how far it is, talk to my parents and go from there.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    103

    San Rafael, North Bay across the GG Bridge

    Im not sure of the exact location of the trailhead. I'm waiting for some people who know the place to weigh in like..... dogonfr.....

  5. #5
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    not sure whether dogonfr is free to ride... might be... XD But i'm down for a ride anyways... if i can get a ride... lol

    And yeah, can show you around... lol

  6. #6
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlau
    I really need to get out on the VP Free again. I've been all up and down the front of China Camp and really need to hit it's backside. I actually haven't ridden there so I'll need some guidance.
    Friday the 29th is perfect for me. 10 or 11 start?
    So let's go hit it up you baycal riders.

    funny.....we use china camp as code for an illegal trail
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  7. #7
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    funny.....we use china camp as code for an illegal trail
    This side is top secret
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  8. #8
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    I have Fri & Sat open as long as the rain holds off. Guess mrpercussive will meet us there.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  9. #9
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    I have Fri & Sat open as long as the rain holds off. Guess mrpercussive will meet us there.

  10. #10
    supermachete
    Guest
    Is it on for tomarrow? dogon, mrpercussive? let me know because I was planning on riding skeggs.....but plans are made to be changed.

  11. #11
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    Quote Originally Posted by supermachete
    Is it on for tomarrow? dogon, mrpercussive? let me know because I was planning on riding skeggs.....but plans are made to be changed.
    i think it's friday... when you riding skeggs? mind if i tag along???

  12. #12
    supermachete
    Guest
    Poh the plan is to meet in SFtomarrow around 9ish then head out to skeggs. Where are you? can you get to the city/sanrafael?

  13. #13
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    yeah i can get in the city... can pick me up from a bart station?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    yeah i can get in the city... can pick me up from a bart station?
    I can go to skeggs easily, meet like 10ish at the parking lot or sumtin?

  15. #15
    supermachete
    Guest
    Poh check your pms. colma bart @ 9:45 would save the most time on my end.

  16. #16
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by supermachete
    Poh check your pms. colma bart @ 9:45 would save the most time on my end.
    I can get him to the City by 11:00
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  17. #17
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    Quote Originally Posted by supermachete
    Poh check your pms. colma bart @ 9:45 would save the most time on my end.
    got your number... i'll see you at colma at 9:45... but i'll call you in the morning to confirm... I might not be able to wake up...

  18. #18
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    I can get him to the City by 11:00
    ooo... you heading down there too huh???? hahaha... oh well, too bad thats a little too late, i might've tagged along... XD

  19. #19
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    ooo... you heading down there too huh???? hahaha... oh well, too bad thats a little too late, i might've tagged along... XD
    Ya we (familly) have to visit my mother in the city beffor noon, forgot did ja
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  20. #20
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Ya we (familly) have to visit my mother in the city beffor noon, forgot did ja
    yeah... oh well, no biggy... me take Bart... lol

  21. #21
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    My social advisor gave me the all clear for tommarow, Friday-im down for Dominican fer shure.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    103
    There we go. What time do you wanna shoot for? 11:00?
    Also I need some directions to the trailhead on the Dominican side.
    I'm heading up from S.F. and got room for one if anone needs a lift.
    Last edited by kevlau; 12-28-2006 at 11:10 AM.

  23. #23
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlau
    There we go. What time do you wanna shoot for? 11:00?
    Also I need some directions to the trailhead on the Dominican side.
    I'm heading up from S.F. and got room for one if anone needs a lift.
    11:00 is fine by me
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    420
    Dogon - Dominican is that XC trail you fooled me into going ont that one day! Be prepared to pedal 75% to 25% DH. BTW, you do know that you can shuttle CC right?

  25. #25
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillmoe Slim
    Dogon - Dominican is that XC trail you fooled me into going ont that one day! Be prepared to pedal 75% to 25% DH. BTW, you do know that you can shuttle CC right?
    Come on out & play, it's not that bad you just didnt now where you were going. The Dom is the fun side dude, then we can hit up HoChiMein sweet DH bush wacking trail back down.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  26. #26
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    haha... couldnt wake up... sigh...

    woke up at 6:30, texted Tom then went back to sleep and woke up at 11... lol

  27. #27
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    sigh... looks like i cant make this ride guys... i'm going to do some shopping in sf on friday... you guys have good ride though and if there are any plans for saturday... lemme know...

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    That ride was so incredibly fun, that was truely an epic ride, especialy when I had to ride down perisima.... Thanks tom for showin me the sick trails, hopefully we can ride again tomarrow

  29. #29
    supermachete
    Guest
    right on Foggy, super fun ride today at skeggs. debris everywhere from the wind but no mud just a few puddles.I'm out for tomarrow, next window for a ride will be sat. anyone else for sat? David, Poh, how about another solstice run? or we could explore behind my house...

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by supermachete
    right on Foggy, super fun ride today at skeggs. debris everywhere from the wind but no mud just a few puddles.I'm out for tomarrow, next window for a ride will be sat. anyone else for sat? David, Poh, how about another solstice run? or we could explore behind my house...
    perimisa was incredibly muddy, so I still got to splash through puddles. So no more Dominican tomarrow, ill just go dirtjumpin with my friends then, my dads not goin to the snow so mabe he can take me over to solstice. except ill need some directions from you guys on here, not some road bike shop

  31. #31
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    Solstice Saturday???

  32. #32
    supermachete
    Guest
    It sounds like others are going tomarrow, I'm busy with appointments and holiday dinner party. hit up dogonfr he knows where the goods are!

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: f0ggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by supermachete
    It sounds like others are going tomarrow, I'm busy with appointments and holiday dinner party. hit up dogonfr he knows where the goods are!
    haha, im just freakin tired haha half that trail was a sprint for me...I think imma keep it local tomarrow but go to solstice on saturday??? i hope

  34. #34
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Just checked with the social advisor & i have Fri & Sat open, woohoo im ready to ride.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  35. #35
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ggy
    haha, im just freakin tired haha half that trail was a sprint for me...I think imma keep it local tomarrow but go to solstice on saturday??? i hope
    Most like me dont enjoy the ride up but the decent is awesome & well worth the climb.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  36. #36
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    Solstice Sat??? XD I cant do friday... me going shopping... lol. I hate shopping...

  37. #37
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    Solstice Sat??? XD I cant do friday... me going shopping... lol. I hate shopping...
    Thats why you have Hill Top so close so you dont have to go to the City

    The traffic suxz also, get in late get out early, 3 or more is car pool lane.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  38. #38
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Reputation: mrpercussive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11,519
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Thats why you have Hill Top so close so you dont have to go to the City

    The traffic suxz also, get in late get out early, 3 or more is car pool lane.
    haha... i would go there if they had overcoats... lol

  39. #39
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpercussive
    haha... i would go there if they had overcoats... lol
    Check with the social advisor she knows where to get anything.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

  40. #40
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    I'm back at home (Marin, CA) for winter break, hit me up for a ride...
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  41. #41
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    I'm back at home (Marin, CA) for winter break, hit me up for a ride...
    Show up 11:00
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.