Chest Protection Sizing/Value/Suggestions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Chest Protection Sizing/Value/Suggestions

I am looking to buy some chest protection, I am relatively new to DH riding and feel like its a good idea if I am gonna be taking some chances. I am currently looking at the 661 Assault Pressure Suit as it is a little bit less than $100. What do you guys think about this protector?

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661...b-d033fea8f3af

Also I was looking at sizing and a small is 28-30 waist and 34-35 chest, the medium is 31-33 waist and 36-38 chest but my waist is 29 inch and my chest is 37 inch, any idea which would fit me best?

Any info or suggestions about what to buy would be greatly appreciated, I want to be protected but I need to be able to justify the price and I want to get a good fit which seems difficult without much access to try things on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have the long sleeve/ elbow protection version of that, and I like it. It fits fine, theres a lot of adjustability with all the velcro straps. It also seems pretty breatheable, but Ive never used it in hot weather. But Ive never used any other kinds of armor to compare it to, and Ive never crashed in it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    What do you think about the sizing because the chest will either be to small or the waist to big if i get the small or medium.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I dont know, I never measured my chest. I have a 31" waist so I bought a medium. Theres alot more range of adjustment in the waist than the shoulders, so I would go with what fits your chest measurement.

Members who have read this thread: 0