Check This Out! New MX/MTB Bike Prototype- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    thast kind cool but at the same time retarded. I bet taht monster needs some pretty stiff springs to keep it from bottoming.

Loves His Sunday

Check This Out! New MX/MTB Bike Prototype

From RacerX website:

We are New Zealand’s one and only motorcycle company called FX Bikes and we will start producing our first off-road lightweight motorcycles (less than 100 lbs) in December. And, no… this is no Cannondale motorcycle, although that was an interesting project as well. Our motorcycle is a hybrid mountain bike with a motorcycle engine, which means that this bike can take play-riding into a new level since it is a full-size bike. We have had a lot of interest in this project from Porsche, the NZ Army and many more.

Involved in this motorcycle we have among others, Kiwi Shayne King (500cc MX world champ)….”

Me: From what I read the company asked Ping one of Racer X's test riders to come out and test their bike. I'll keep everybody updated. I see A Gazzalodi in the rear, a Monster in the front, THE fenders, and is that a DHX I see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SAYNDESYN on the Iron Horse Sunday,

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    shame on FX Bikes, i saw that monstrosity about a month ago and i hate it just as much now as i did then. MX bikes are MX bikes for a reason, just like BMXs are BMXs for a reason. we dont need DH bikes with motors, nor HTs with pegs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

mechmann_mtb
    almost looks like a trials MX bike.

Now riding Fox Shox!
    Jan 2005
    The first pic looks photoshopped.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Quote Originally Posted by MarzocchiFork
    The first pic looks photoshopped.
    it's authentic and unforunatly does exist, in an aussie mag about a month ago they had some coverage on it as well as some pictures of Kirkliande (cant remember how to spell this, correct me if you must) riding it...

N* Bomber Crew
    Wow they put Juicy's on it? Looks like I bought a monster brake after all.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Loves His Sunday
    Well first of all it isn't a DH bike with a motor, or an MX bike. It's a completely new thing so chill out. And how is it RETARDED? Just cause you don't like it.

"There is no weekness. It is the bike that Jesus built after he gave up carpentry."

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Quote Originally Posted by mxrider489
    Well first of all it isn't a DH bike with a motor, or an MX bike. It's a completely new thing so chill out. And how is it RETARDED? Just cause you don't like it.
    no i dont like it and i know it isnt a DH bike with a motor. it's a dirt-bike mountain-bike hybrid that weighs 40kg, boasts 17hp has Avid Juicys, THE Fenders, a DHX 5.0, a Monster-T, MTB Bars, Stem and Front Rim, Tyre and Hub. (Reason for no rear being during testing and the bikes launch in March they were shredding spokes from the torque the bike produces, this is an old picture) are made from a titanium alloy and come with either 125cc or 90cc motors...

Loves His Sunday
    Yup and the website has a lot of photos. Including action shots+video if anyone's interested. www.fxbikes.com

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mechmann_mtb
    almost looks like a trials MX bike.
    not even close
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER

mtbr member
    they cost like 8 grand... for that much just get a sick MX bike and have twice as much fun with it
    "Better safe than scarry"

www.3dmtb.net

mtbr member
    i think it's for lazy people who don't want to pedal downhill.

mtbr member
    i think its pretty sweet. its not supposed to replace dh bikes its just another type of bike. so what. i guess all you haters think xc and bmx are gay to? that just makes you look like stuck up pricks who think they have the only cool sport on two wheels. so what if it has dh bike compenents that just means that the dh bike industry is ahead of the game. doesnt mean that theyre trying to replace what your riding. come on guys, thinking its gay just because it has a motor and can be used for downhill makes you look so naive.

pwn3rator
    i think i'm gonna order one...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Juanjo
    http://www.fxbikes.com/movie/FXBikesMPEG_new.mpg

I rader have that than a scoter for city commuting... that's about it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    shame on FX Bikes, i saw that monstrosity about a month ago and i hate it just as much now as i did then. MX bikes are MX bikes for a reason, just like BMXs are BMXs for a reason. we dont need DH bikes with motors, nor HTs with pegs...

i totally agree with u man. yes its a cool idea but come on now whats the point?
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

TNC
    noMAD man
    Innovation, new stuff...sometimes it's great and sometimes it's junk...and sometimes it's the next great thing. That Adventure model fits an unusual category...one that I'm not sure exists. That engine looks basically like the old Honda Trail 90 engine from a million years ago, even though I noticed the CRF designation...hmmmm. The biggest boo boo I see there is the price. If it's in that $8000 level, then it's a dead piece of meat. With the advent of bikes like these modern 4-stroke 250 models, a really light and relatively powerful bike can be had at the same price or cheaper. Looks like a marketing problem there.

surf-ride-repeat
    Sweet, I'd like to take one out for an all day enduro ride... self shuttling...

Imagine jump comps on those lighter bikes too? The motor appears to have enough to get a snap off a booter lip...

Just keep 'em off my local trails... cus they'll fickin' close my trails to me , becasue my Chaparral looks like one...

I could see redneck's around here trying to rip up/down some beautiful, prisitine trail like Crawfish on one and just bummming me and all the hippies out and shiat...

I would be enflamed if I saw some nuckle head doing that... but than I just read the price for one... no way any redneck's can afford that...

mtbr member
    accually after watching the video it is not anything like an mtb bike. they just barrowed parts from MTB and and it's ment for mtb but you could use it if you want. it seams pretty cool and really nice something to have fun on. so it's cool in my book.

gnar, brah
    From what I gathered this isn't supposed to be a mountain bike, so quit complaining. It is a really light motorcycle (under 100 pounds) and to get that weight they used mountain bike parts. What's the problem with a superlight MX bike, one that you could easily lift over your shoulders to put in the bed of a truck, or even use for commuting. It has MTB rims, so use whatever tires you want...I'd go for hookworms and make it a city bike half the time. Anyway, the thing sounds awesome to me. I would love to have one, but I'm not going to pay 8 grand for it.
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpalooza
    From what I gathered this isn't supposed to be a mountain bike, so quit complaining. It is a really light motorcycle (under 100 pounds) and to get that weight they used mountain bike parts. What's the problem with a superlight MX bike, one that you could easily lift over your shoulders to put in the bed of a truck, or even use for commuting. It has MTB rims, so use whatever tires you want...I'd go for hookworms and make it a city bike half the time. Anyway, the thing sounds awesome to me. I would love to have one, but I'm not going to pay 8 grand for it.
    yeah i know, and i wouldn't mind having one and they arrent 8K they are 6225 i think USD. it's not 8gs but it is still a pretty penny

t66
    mtbr member

oh boy

Can't wait to mount up my 2.5 Hookworms. Urbans will take on a whole new dimension

Loves His Sunday
    Yah. Like I said before it's not a DH bike with a motor and it's not even a super light MX bike. It's a play bike. It's not meant to be raced. It's a completely new kind of product that just borrows parts form two of my favorite sports. MX and DH. As far as I'm concerned that's cool and I don't see why anybody else should be saying "shame on the company" or that's "retarded". If that's ur opinion ok whatever but that's like saying a commuter scooter is retarded because it doen't have the power of a crotch rocket......But it doesn't need that power because it HAS IT'S OWN SPECIFIC PURPOSE! Just as this bike does. It's a play bike.

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    gimmi one...looks mad fun to ride. might be light enough to bunnyhop

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    that thing looks so fun. but if its as expinsive as it says than i doubt ull see many if ne ofthem
    2008 Transition Blindside
    2010 Pitch Comp

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    those juicy's will get destroyed so easily. they're not made to be powerful enough to stop a motor vehicle. red-hot rotors in a 10 min. ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Ive ridden one,
    it was rad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    those juicy's will get destroyed so easily. they're not made to be powerful enough to stop a motor vehicle. red-hot rotors in a 10 min. ride.
    they should use magura gustavs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    think of it like this, a 40lb bike plus a 200lb rider equals 240lbs... a 100lb bike plus a 140lb rider equals the same. so as long as your not stupid and ride the throttle and the brake at the same time you shouldnt have a problem

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    i think i could maybe make my own with a 2 stroke motor insted. looks like it would be fun.
    life aint nothin but bitches and money.................

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Sorry to bring this back, but I want to make a point. Coming from someone who has actually ridden both a dh bike and a dirt bike, this is a pretty cool idea. I've ridden some incredibly hard singletrack and this would make it much faster and easier. Those who have ridden technical trails know that having a smaller lighter motorcycle makes it much easier to navigate and make changes. Riding motorcycles is a blast and theyre great fun to jump, but so heavy that if they land on you, it's a problem. With a hundred pound bike, it doesnt matter nearly as much and they would be a blast to ride just like a motorcycle but having the characteristics of a mountain bike which are much more responsive and easy to control. Furthermore, I think that the components will be more than enough for a one hundred pound bike. A lot of dirt bikes still use rear drums. Also, with 17 hp, a bike that weight will be incredibly fast and very responsive and with so easy to control characteristics would be a blast to ride, and would finally bring the fun of powersliding to a lighter two wheeled machine. It may be eight thousand, but look at what some of you are paying for bikes without motors, and you may be able to go out and buy an mx bike but it's not really the same thing. That said, I don't think it would be used as mountain bike, as pedaling is the way to go for some things, but for certain dirt bikers, this has it's place.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scabrider
    i think i'm gonna order one...
    Have you ever seen a Denalli ?
    There similer to that but with a electric motor and weigh aboout 120lbs
    Much faster with tons more tourque ,
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Is there any info on the denalli?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    What a gay idea if ur going to ride that u mite as well ride a Mx there two different things for a reason just get a 50 there better.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigair101
    Is there any info on the denalli?
    I just did a google search !

https://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/ma...01mhEbike.html

https://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/ma...TrialsBike.jpg
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I did too, but not having seen anything about it, didn't know what to search for. I tired denalli and denalli bike and motor powered dh bike and other things but didn't find anything, so get rid of the attitude.

mtbr member
    Then your really going to love this:

It is the Airtricker concept from Yamaha. The Airtricker comes complete with pegs, gyro and acrylic grind plate. There was some vids of 2 guys ripping it up on city streets a while back. "The man" is going to love it if these things hit the market. I'll see if I can find the vids.

Yamaha Design Cafe link:

https://ymedc.introweb.nl/en/archive...ricker.shtml#a

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigair101
    I did too, but not having seen anything about it, didn't know what to search for. I tired denalli and denalli bike and motor powered dh bike and other things but didn't find anything, so get rid of the attitude.
    Sorry , wasent trying to give attitude ....?
    It was just a quick post ,I didnt have time to grab the pics and repost them , you are right there hard to find info on and there website isnt even up anymore as they were bought out by some huge investment group .
    They have a newer version they looks more like a dirtbike with a small gas moter to charge the battery and add constant power this way they can run a better electric motor without as much draw on the battery , that bike is seriously the future !
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Glad to Be Alive
    no way moto would be cool
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    My mistake. As for the guy saying mx and bike being different for a reason, those of us who have done both understand why it would be so cool.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    Have you ever seen a Denalli ?
    There similer to that but with a electric motor and weigh aboout 120lbs
    Much faster with tons more tourque ,
    Until the battery dies after 20 minutes of riding.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    Quote Originally Posted by thebikedoctor33
    think of it like this, a 40lb bike plus a 200lb rider equals 240lbs... a 100lb bike plus a 140lb rider equals the same. so as long as your not stupid and ride the throttle and the brake at the same time you shouldnt have a problem
    the forces and speeds would be the issue, not totally wieght. a DH bike doesn't go 70mph

SNOWRIDER
    The gas powered one could be a whole lot of fun.
    The electric one on the other hand is just plain dumb IMHO
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)