Changing angles- Mtbr.com

Thread: Changing angles

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Changing angles

Hi, I've a morewood shova which I love to pieces yet want to slacken the front end, especially before hitting the alps this summer. At the moment (according to my iPhone) I'm running about a 66.5 HA and would rather it nearer 65/64.
    As I see it I have 2 options (or combination of both)-
    1) CC angleset/FSA option headset, this could slacken the HA by upto 1.5 degrees but in doing so will drop the head tube height steepening the seat tube (something
    I don't want).
    2) Offset bushings, this would slacken the HA though not by much as I'm running 8mm hardware. A benefit of the offset is that by shortening the shocks I-I it "folds" the bike and therefore slackens both head and seat angles. But I'm wary of removing the shocks original pu(?) bushing which is obviously there for a reason and replacing it with the offset bushing- i.e. I'm worried of it wearing away the inside of the shock eye rather than the PU bush?

RideDirt
    Well seems like both options you listed wont work for you.

mtbr member
    The offset "bushings" don't work in the way you think they do. You run a replacement reducer with an eccentrically bored hole. There is still a DU bushing in the shock eye and there is no metal to metal contact. All you are replacing is the metal sleeve between the shock bolt and the DU bushing that is pressed into the shock eye.
    Build.
    Ride.
    Repeat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by schneidie View Post
    The offset "bushings" don't work in the way you think they do. You run a replacement reducer with an eccentrically bored hole. There is still a DU bushing in the shock eye and there is no metal to metal contact. All you are replacing is the metal sleeve between the shock bolt and the DU bushing that is pressed into the shock eye.
    Ahhh, I though you had to loose the du bush...doh!! I'll give them a go then.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    what about the works components headsets, they do 1 1.5 2 degree adjusment headsets.
    Works Components - Angle Headsets to fit Most Frame Types & CNC Bicycle Components Proudly Made in the UK

Members who have read this thread: 0