Chainguide time- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 60 of 60

Thread: Chainguide time

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52

    Chainguide time

    Which chainguide is better MRP or e13? Why? Also I need one with a bashguard

  2. #2
    Trials Superstar
    Reputation: RigidOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBull
    Which chainguide is better MRP or e13? Why? Also I need one with a bashguard
    They are both pretty good. I think the MRP works a little better, but the E.13 looks very nice with the clear Supercharger bash gaurd.
    Please purchase products from JensonUSA your #1 Internet Dealer for MTB parts!

    AS SEEN ON THE X-GAMES and GRAVITY GAMES! How would you like to go 80 MPH on a bike 4 inches from the ground? Well you can learn how at GravityBike.com the home for BMX Speed Machines!

    2004-2005 Sponsors
    Maxxis Tires
    Targert Sponsor
    Azonic
    Hayes

  3. #3
    Stack Daddy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    287

    E13

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBull
    Which chainguide is better MRP or e13? Why? Also I need one with a bashguard
    I've seen the bashguard on an MRP fold over the chain. I'm sure it's rare, but it sucks, especially during a race.

  4. #4
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    E13.

    way superior support over mrp. and imo it works better. the guys at evil are way cool, they will help you out with all problems.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    97
    get the e13, that thing is nearly flawless and u cant beat their bash guard
    For sale:
    Jamis Dakar Sport Full Suspension XC Bike 2001
    Marzocchi EXR comp 2004

    Email me at surfdude660@aol.com for more details.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    680
    E13 they never drop chians there strong there cheeper than MRP and the bash gard is bullet proof(i shot it with a 223) I have seen MRPs fold ovewr as well

  7. #7
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,196
    e13. Theres no wheel on the back of the bike (hence why the chain looks sideways. It has yet to drop on me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    go big or go home
    Reputation: bentimby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    914
    e-13, cheaper and better

    Get off yer arse and on yere bike!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RobsterCraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,417
    what about Mr. Dirt? any good?

  10. #10
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    setup properly you wont drop a chain with either, but if you smack your bash guard alot the E13 guard is the was to go. Some people upgrade their old MRPs with the E13 Supercharger bash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  11. #11
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025

    that was then...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdemon
    I've seen the bashguard on an MRP fold over the chain. I'm sure it's rare, but it sucks, especially during a race.
    this is now......MRP System 3 Fusion. Fold this. The new MRP guides get my vote.

  12. #12
    Buckle Up
    Reputation: WheelieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Here ya go, the e.13 loyal following:
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106076
    <><

  13. #13
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    Here ya go, the e.13 loyal following:
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106076
    if i wasn't so lazy i would have posted that myself. E13 is the greatest.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    this is now......MRP System 3 Fusion. Fold this. The new MRP guides get my vote.
    That guide is probably over 200 where you can get an E13 for around 100

  15. #15
    /dev/null
    Reputation: binary visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    this is now......MRP System 3 Fusion. Fold this. The new MRP guides get my vote.
    Hey look! It's an E.13 guide without all the excellent tech support, at twice the price! With no improvement whatsoever!

    Sweet!

  16. #16
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Hey look! It's an E.13 guide without all the excellent tech support, at twice the price! With no improvement whatsoever!

    Sweet!
    well the inset aluminum mounts are pretty trick. Thats my main beef with the Supercharger, the mounts are too damn thick. I run a dual plate setup with a 1/8" inner Al plate and outer Evil, so theres no chainring bolt sleeves long enough to run through both plates+chairing+spider, and i'm afraid my setup will stress the tabs or deform the holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  17. #17
    hand me the dice
    Reputation: TryAndStopMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    127

    MRP cost

    supposedly the MSRP on the new lexan MRP's are $139 bucks
    "pain is only a pulse...if you just stop feeling it"

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    52
    OK so I ordered the e13 and a Chris King headset!!!

  19. #19
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by themontashu
    That guide is probably over 200 where you can get an E13 for around 100
    Actually it's around the same price as the E13. So quit talking out of your arse and shittin out your mouth. Shows what you know, dumb@ss.

  20. #20
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Hey look! It's an E.13 guide without all the excellent tech support, at twice the price! With no improvement whatsoever!

    Sweet!
    I guess when your guides don't have a bunch of plastic bits that break apart, you don't really need teach support.

    I see you don't have a clue as too what the actual price is, do you dipsh!t. Yet your spouting your mouth off. Maybe remove your head from your arse and do a little research before you start talkin smack.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    197
    The new MRP looks pretty nice.

  22. #22
    /dev/null
    Reputation: binary visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    I guess when your guides don't have a bunch of plastic bits that break apart, you don't really need teach support.

    I see you don't have a clue as too what the actual price is, do you dipsh!t. Yet your spouting your mouth off. Maybe remove your head from your arse and do a little research before you start talkin smack.
    Oh, for Christ sake. I was kidding, dude, take a big deep breath, there's no need to be so agressive. I generally do not have my head in my arse, and you should remove your own head from your arse if you believe I do no research before posting.

    The aluminum mounts are a fine idea and I'm sure the price isn't twice what the E.13 guide is. Okay? We all happy here, now?

    I just found it funny that the answer is, "Buy an MRP 'cause they have a lexan guard now" - as in, "MRP is finally admitting that the E.13 product is superior and is following suit", not to mention the implication that there's no other reason to buy an E.13 guide outside of the plastic bashguard.

  23. #23
    T.Dot Represent
    Reputation: finchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,290
    E13 has been making the lexan bashers for a while now which means that they have, hopefully, perfected it as much as possible. whereas mrp has only started manufacturing...who would you trust?
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

  24. #24
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Oh, for Christ sake. I was kidding, dude, take a big deep breath, there's no need to be so agressive. I generally do not have my head in my arse, and you should remove your own head from your arse if you believe I do no research before posting.
    plus, thats no way to talk to the MTBR Elite....maybe thats why he's so confrontational?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  25. #25
    /dev/null
    Reputation: binary visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Actually it's around the same price as the E13. So quit talking out of your arse and shittin out your mouth. Shows what you know, dumb@ss.
    Wow, look who's a little nasty and bitter. As a matter of fact, I believe you used that exact same sentence to describe Zedro several days ago: is that your new favorite phrase?

    Have a glass of warm milk and take a nap - maybe you'll be less grumpy in a couple hours.

  26. #26
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Hey look! It's an E.13 guide without all the excellent tech support, at twice the price! With no improvement whatsoever!

    Sweet!
    i know you already have one on your bike, you like it........
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 12-30-2004 at 11:17 AM.


  27. #27
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy
    E13 has been making the lexan bashers for a while now.........
    you must have a knock-off. the evil guides i've seen have makrolon bashrings.....


  28. #28
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Wow, look who's a little nasty and bitter. As a matter of fact, I believe you used that exact same sentence to describe Zedro several days ago: is that your new favorite phrase?

    Have a glass of warm milk and take a nap - maybe you'll be less grumpy in a couple hours.
    Sod off wanker! You can shove your milk and your opinion up your arse.

    I'm not grumpy, I'm just giving back. Seems when I say something that's wrong or misinformed I get shat on, so now it's my turn to do a little shatting of my own. You reap what you sow and if people want to be pricks on this board, then I will happily play along.

  29. #29
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    this is now......MRP System 3 Fusion. Fold this. The new MRP guides get my vote.
    why not black wheels...seams stupid to keep using the orange
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  30. #30
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    MRP = Orange Rollers


    always will.....


  31. #31
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    MRP = Orange Rollers


    always will.....
    nah you can order them in black now or dye them yourself
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  32. #32
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Oh, for Christ sake. I was kidding, dude, take a big deep breath, there's no need to be so agressive. I generally do not have my head in my arse, and you should remove your own head from your arse if you believe I do no research before posting.
    Its only a chainguide. No need for fisticuffs.

    Maybe this will lighten youse dewds up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  33. #33
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy
    E13 has been making the lexan bashers for a while now which means that they have, hopefully, perfected it as much as possible. whereas mrp has only started manufacturing...who would you trust?
    Since MRP has been making chainguide before E13 was even and blip on the radar screen who would you trust. Doesn't take a genius to make a frickin bashguard. So if your logic applies, trusting who's been doing what the longest, then the answer of who to trust to make a better chainguide would be MRP.

    And for the record, nobody makes the best chainguide. It's what works best for you. I just thought it was important to point out since people were bashing MRP for alu bashguards that they now offer a polylexanmakrolonwhatever bashguard.

  34. #34
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Its only a chainguide. No need for fisticuffs.

    Maybe this will lighten youse dewds up.
    you are sick e<i>o but I like it...Hey you still have WCH video???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  35. #35
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    nah you can order them in black now or dye them yourself
    Orange rollers would bother you so bad that you would go through the hassle of dying them?

    That's funny.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  36. #36
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    MRP = Orange Rollers


    always will.....
    sorta like why Deemaxs are yellow (well, have been, and will be again), product visibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  37. #37
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Orange rollers would bother you so bad that you would go through the hassle of dying them?

    That's funny.
    only takes a few minutes
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  38. #38
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Oh, for Christ sake. I was kidding, dude, take a big deep breath, there's no need to be so agressive. I generally do not have my head in my arse, and you should remove your own head from your arse if you believe I do no research before posting.

    The aluminum mounts are a fine idea and I'm sure the price isn't twice what the E.13 guide is. Okay? We all happy here, now?

    I just found it funny that the answer is, "Buy an MRP 'cause they have a lexan guard now" - as in, "MRP is finally admitting that the E.13 product is superior and is following suit", not to mention the implication that there's no other reason to buy an E.13 guide outside of the plastic bashguard.
    Well that's all fine and good that you don't "generally" have your head in your arse, but you did this time since you obviously didn't know anything about the MPR price. So I clarified things for you, so there would be no confusion.

    I've been fine all along. Now as for you , well I couldn't give a rats arse.

    My point wasn't to tell anyone to buy anything. It was to point out that MRP now offers a new guide with better durability over the old Alu bashguard versions that allot of people seemed to have issues with because they bent to easily. And honestly I would say that the durability of the bashguard on the E13 is the reason allot pf people buy them, that and the fact that it's got "cool factor". And I wouldn't say E13 is superior, they just made better decision earlier on when it came to bashguard material, not to say someone else wouldn't have figured it out eventually. Which is obvious since all the major players, Truvativ - MRP - Blackspire, are now following suit.

  39. #39
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    ok everybody.....








  40. #40
    /dev/null
    Reputation: binary visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    720
    Some people on this board really need to learn to take themselves, and the internet in general, less seriously/personally.

    Also, consider the source of the comment (i.e. someone who's not generally into spreading misinformation) before flying off the handle with insults like I was actually making a serious post.

    kthxbye.

  41. #41
    _dw
    _dw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,265

    your setup is pretty unique/ custom bike

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    well the inset aluminum mounts are pretty trick. Thats my main beef with the Supercharger, the mounts are too damn thick. I run a dual plate setup with a 1/8" inner Al plate and outer Evil, so theres no chainring bolt sleeves long enough to run through both plates+chairing+spider, and i'm afraid my setup will stress the tabs or deform the holes.
    You are right, for your unique setup, there is no chainring bolt long enough to fully support the Supercharger bashguard tab. For people who use a regular chainguide though, its a non-issue because e.thirteen supplies the corrwect bolts with every Supercharger kit or chainguide.

    There are however, some pretty huge advantages to running a full polycarbonate bashguard like the Supercharger, as opposed to an inserted guard like this mrp one shown.

    A major goal of the Supercharger from the beginning was to get away from bendable aluminum tabs. Successfully accomplishing this has been one of the major reasons for the success and "indestructible" reputation that the Supercharger has gotten over the last few years.

    It is impossible to get the polymer to bond successfully to the aluminum insert. This means that the only thing holding the bashguard to the inner aluminum plate is mechanical geometry. When force isapplied to the guard, the insert can act as a wedge to force the guard apart. I think its obvious to see that this might not be the best thing for structural integrity.

    Becuase we develop our own materials (Tuffmax is te tradename for our new proprietary bashgaurd material) , and because we have a very refined and proprietary manufacturing process, e.thirteen is still the only company that has been able to build a successfully working full poycarbonate ally (Tuffmax) guard.

    Plain and simple, the full Tuffmax Supercharger is more impact resistant, stronger for the same weight, and less costly than any guard with an insert. That doesnt mean we're not going to keep improving though!

    Thanks for the kind words guys

    Dave

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    680
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Since MRP has been making chainguide before E13 was even and blip on the radar screen who would you trust. Doesn't take a genius to make a frickin bashguard. So if your logic applies, trusting who's been doing what the longest, then the answer of who to trust to make a better chainguide would be MRP.

    And for the record, nobody makes the best chainguide. It's what works best for you. I just thought it was important to point out since people were bashing MRP for alu bashguards that they now offer a polylexanmakrolonwhatever bashguard.
    Going by your logic I should get a ford over a chevy. HELL NO in this case and with the guides the only thing they have made longer is ****. I have 2 friends with MRPs that had them set up at sea otter by MRP and they still have droped chains. while i put my own E13 on and I have yet to drop a chain.


    O by the way your taking this WAY to personel

  43. #43
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    only takes a few minutes
    Sorry. Still funny.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  44. #44
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    Tuffmax
    sounds like a feature off a Ford pickup truck
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  45. #45
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by themontashu
    Going by your logic I should get a ford over a chevy. HELL NO in this case and with the guides the only thing they have made longer is ****. I have 2 friends with MRPs that had them set up at sea otter by MRP and they still have droped chains. while i put my own E13 on and I have yet to drop a chain.


    O by the way your taking this WAY to personel
    That wasn't my logic, it was Finchy's. So get your facts straight and try reading the whole post before making a reply your misinformed dumb@ss.

    And too your comment about this being personal....YAWN!!!!

  46. #46
    _dw
    _dw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,265
    Actually RED5, the mrp bash guard is significantly more expensive than the Supercharger, with what I believe to be a drop in performance. Only time will tell though. Call your local bike shop and they will give you the straight scoop on pricing.

    RE: SRS guides:

    I am sure that if you take a look at an SRS guide as compared to a system 1 or System , you will see that there are some very significant differneces and what I consider to be advantages. The Supercharger bashguard itself is only one part.

    The SRS is very lightweight and at the same time very impact resistant. Your comment about the "plastic parts that break etc" was pretty far from the truth. In reality, we have riders who have run the same plastics kits for two seasons. That kind of longevity in a chainguide was almost uheard of a few years ago. Another beautiful thing about the guide is that if you do want to replace your plastics, they are available in over 20 countries, and for less money than a sandwich at a city deli. Cant beat that. The guides self clean mud very efficiently, being bred on the East Coast made that a big requirement. Also all of the guide adjustments are accessable from the front side of the bike, and with only one tool. Yo dont need to try to jimmy a wrench in between your linkage/seattube/frame and backplate to adjust it. Thats pretty key I think. e.thirteen has been building and selling guides for over 5 years now, I think its safe to say that we have that as dialed as if not more dialed than anyone else in the industry. We listen to riders like you and we're always trying to improve. If you have an honest issue, concern, or hope, I'd personally love to hear about it and brainstorm with you on how to make things better for you as a rider. We treat everyone that way. I think that your chainguide should just exist on your bike. You shouldnt have to think about it, play with it, etc.. Thats one of the things that most riders and mechanics love about the guides, heck, I love that about them! 3 Years running the SRS has won the MTBR choice award for chainguides, so I hoe we are on the right track. We're going to keep at it and keep improving!

    Have a good one and I really hope to gain your support someday when you get a chance to try an SRS guide.

    Dave

  47. #47
    _dw
    _dw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    sounds like a feature off a Ford pickup truck
    hahah

    I know

    Now if I could only get ford to put an SRS on each F150 we'd be onto something hahaha

  48. #48
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by themontashu
    GI have 2 friends with MRPs that had them set up at sea otter by MRP and they still have droped chains. while i put my own E13 on and I have yet to drop a chain.
    honestly, if they are dropping chains they simply arent setup right, or they're bent to ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  49. #49
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Some people on this board really need to learn to take themselves, and the internet in general, less seriously/personally.

    Also, consider the source of the comment (i.e. someone who's not generally into spreading misinformation) before flying off the handle with insults like I was actually making a serious post.

    kthxbye.
    Hey the original poster asked a serious question, which everyone, including myself, gave a serious answer too. Then I bring up MPR as an option and everyone starts a bash fest. You say you were joking, yet your post gave no indication to that fact. If you ask me, it would appear you got caught talking out of your arse and are now backpedaling by saying it was a joke. Oh well. Either way you deserved the response I gave you, if not for being incorrect then at the very least for being a dumb@ss and not offering any relevant helpful information to the poster.

  50. #50
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    honestly, if they are dropping chains they simply arent setup right, or they're bent to ****.
    word, i've used four different brands of guides and never dropped a chain once with any of them.....

    now, some were more durable than others, but that's a whole different topic.......


  51. #51
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    red5 don't take it anymore...MRP's are a great choice
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  52. #52
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    i wonder how many times Red can use the word 'dumb@ss' in a single thread before even he realizes it makes him look like a deranged retard
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  53. #53
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    you are sick e<i>o but I like it...Hey you still have WCH video???
    Yes I am sick & yes I have video.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  54. #54
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Yes I am sick & yes I have video.
    Can you send it too me...Still have my email address???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  55. #55
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    Actually RED5, the mrp bash guard is significantly more expensive than the Supercharger, with what I believe to be a drop in performance. Only time will tell though. Call your local bike shop and they will give you the straight scoop on pricing.

    RE: SRS guides:

    I am sure that if you take a look at an SRS guide as compared to a system 1 or System , you will see that there are some very significant differneces and what I consider to be advantages. The Supercharger bashguard itself is only one part.

    The SRS is very lightweight and at the same time very impact resistant. Your comment about the "plastic parts that break etc" was pretty far from the truth. In reality, we have riders who have run the same plastics kits for two seasons. That kind of longevity in a chainguide was almost uheard of a few years ago. Another beautiful thing about the guide is that if you do want to replace your plastics, they are available in over 20 countries, and for less money than a sandwich at a city deli. Cant beat that. The guides self clean mud very efficiently, being bred on the East Coast made that a big requirement. Also all of the guide adjustments are accessable from the front side of the bike, and with only one tool. Yo dont need to try to jimmy a wrench in between your linkage/seattube/frame and backplate to adjust it. Thats pretty key I think. e.thirteen has been building and selling guides for over 5 years now, I think its safe to say that we have that as dialed as if not more dialed than anyone else in the industry. We listen to riders like you and we're always trying to improve. If you have an honest issue, concern, or hope, I'd personally love to hear about it and brainstorm with you on how to make things better for you as a rider. We treat everyone that way. I think that your chainguide should just exist on your bike. You shouldnt have to think about it, play with it, etc.. Thats one of the things that most riders and mechanics love about the guides, heck, I love that about them! 3 Years running the SRS has won the MTBR choice award for chainguides, so I hoe we are on the right track. We're going to keep at it and keep improving!

    Have a good one and I really hope to gain your support someday when you get a chance to try an SRS guide.

    Dave
    DW while I respect your opinion and appreciate your continued posting here I think you missed my point. For infact I did not post anything about the System 1 or 2, but instead I mentioned the new System 3. Since it is my opinion as well that the original MRP guides lacked a certain simplicity that the System 3 now has. So all the issues regarding any making adjustments, with regards to E13's versus the new MRP guides is moot, since all you have to do now is adjust the rollers on the System 3 and your set. As for the price of the bashguard alone, I couldn't comment I have one on order, but I haven't been given a price. But the complete System 3 package is pretty close to the same price as your SRS and allot better than the price of the System 2.

    The plastic bits that you allude to being durable and cheap in price to replace, does not change the fact that last season alone I had to replace my roller and the roller guard on my SRS twice. While I witnessed no such issues from my friends with MRP's. Which means that my SRS cost me more money last year to run than an MRP would have. However, I'm sure my situation was probably not the norm. Guess, I was just unlucky last year.

    Now don't get me wrong, I think you guys make a bunch of execellent products and I wish you much continued success. I just think that MRP now has a chainguide that will prove to be more durable and easier to maintain than their past offerings and now people have another worthwhile option that they should be aware of, instead of just you guys. Whereas in the past few years I wouldn't have said that was the case, because as we all know aluminum is a crappy bashguard material.

  56. #56
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025

    Hey

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    i wonder how many times Red can use the word 'dumb@ss' in a single thread before even he realizes it makes him look like a deranged retard
    how do you know what I look like????


    I'll try too not be so monotonous from now on. But hey if the shoe fits!!

  57. #57
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Can you send it too me...Still have my email address???
    I got your email somewheres my brotha, but that .mov is too big to email (8.x MB).

    PM your email again, and I'll figure something out.

    You could go to the thread and download it from there can't you?

    Let me know.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  58. #58
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    I got your email somewheres my brotha, but that .mov is too big to email (8.x MB).

    PM your email again, and I'll figure something out.

    You could go to the thread and download it from there can't you?

    Let me know.
    site only shows tsunami vids now
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  59. #59
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    man I hated models as a kid. When I saw the E13 with the plastic like a model...I went strait to the MRP
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  60. #60
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    site only shows tsunami vids now
    Fixed.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Similar Threads

  1. blast from the past, cut/paste from archived MTB DOC posts
    By ashwinearl in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 09:47 AM
  2. CCP Stories
    By General Coonskins in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 10:03 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.