Chainguide help!!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Chainguide help!!!!

I have an 05 banshee scream and i need a chainguide very soon. I want an e-13 but i dont know what one to get. They have the STS and the SRS and i have no idea what one to get. So if you could tell me what one that would be great.

N* Bomber Crew
    Here's a guide for you:

STS: Designed for Urban Bikes and DJ bikes with Chainrings about 32T and lower. If you ride DH and Freeride you probably won't need one of these.
    SRS: Designed for DH and Freeride. Runs anywhere from 34T to 44T. Really simple design and price wise is okay. If you are new to the e13 brand this is where I would begin.
    LG1: Designed for DH. Lightweight and designed to be as effective as the SRS. I would reccomend this to ANY DH biker, but the price can be steep, you will want to/should run a "taco" to protect your chainring and chain, but since the LG1 and SRS are the same price, and the SRS includes the bashguard, purchasing the SRS is a smarter investment for th emoney.

All e13 chainguides are maintanince free, but can be hard to setup (any chainguide will be). Read up on the manuals and check your spacing and it should be okay. Chainguides require a lot of fine tuning.

If you're new to e13 I'd get the SRS. If you need to drop some weight you can purchase the LG1 parts tree and then transfer your guide to a LG1 if you want to, you could also cut your supercharger that came with the SRS as the taco.

I'm sorry if I confused you but thats pretty much the rundown. To make it short, sport a SRS for your FR and DH needs.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

MTBiker
    Oct 2006
    Maybe look at a Gamut guide. They are simple and effective. I've heard the new E13 cogs can get gunked up with dirt/mud and stop working.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Does anyone know where you can buy the taco bash guards?

...idios...
    "Does anyone know where you can buy the taco bash guards?"

I don't think you can. I've resorted to just buying a used supercharger from ebay and cutting it down to fit the mounts on the LG1 backplate.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle-mofo
    Does anyone know where you can buy the taco bash guards?
    Buy a used or new Supercharger, cut it in half and there is your Taco. My best advice would be to look around for a freind or buddy that just cut their taco for their LG1 and get the other half, me and my friend split his Supercharger.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Members who have read this thread: 0