Chainguide for Big Hit Expert- Mtbr.com
    I've got a Stiffee

Chainguide for Big Hit Expert

I'm looking into getting a chainguide/tensioner for my '03 Big Hit Expert. I'm currently only running the granny and middle ring, so a dual ring system is what I'm looking for. Is the Evil DRS the way to go? I'm in the process of having the Vanilla RC done up by Push, and just ordered an '04 Super T....so the last mod I want/need right now is a good chainguide. I do climb with this bike so I want something that doesn't have too much drag and I can backpedal with no problems. Thanks for any suggestions and I hope this hasn't been asked a zillion times already, did a search but didn't find any answers.

P.S. if the the Evil is the ticket, where is the best place to buy it at?

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    The Evil/E13 DRS is definitely the ticket if your looking for a dual ring guide. Zero noticable drag and freedom to backpedal, no problem. The DRS can do dat.

If I were going to buy one I would recommend checking Go-Ride for sure. Good luck.

PS - welcome to TeamBigHit.

I've got a Stiffee
    thanks for the reply: don't you have your Big Hit rear shock done up by Push also? I took my shock in there today and got to ride around a Turner DHR and was impressed by how it didn't bob when pedaling....just a little worried about how the small bump sensitivity is going to be with it. Did that get much worse on yours, or does it still seem as plush as before on small bumps?

banned
    Dec 2003

Well, at least your question got answered....

I posted earlier today and can't seem to get a response....and it pertained to a BH Expert - guess I didn't get welcomed to the club like you did. Congrats.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    thanks for the reply: don't you have your Big Hit rear shock done up by Push also? I took my shock in there today and got to ride around a Turner DHR and was impressed by how it didn't bob when pedaling....just a little worried about how the small bump sensitivity is going to be with it. Did that get much worse on yours, or does it still seem as plush as before on small bumps?
    Yeah I had my RC revalved by PUSH. It's awesome, trust me you won't be let down. The small bump sensitivity isn't compromised to any degree I can notice. Small bumps still seem the same. The true impressive nature of the shock however is when going fast over stutter bumps, smooth as silk.

I've got a Stiffee
    Cool deal, that is what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the help red5!

mtbr member
    I hope this hasn't been asked a zillion times already, did a search but didn't find any answers.

Well, at least your question got answered....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted earlier today and can't seem to get a response....and it pertained to a BH Expert - guess I didn't get welcomed to the club like you did. Congrats.

Yup. Asked Zillion and 1 times (mostly by me). I was just about to dump the triple on my 03' Expert for an E-13 DRS but Jon Heim gave me a killer deal on his Heim 3guide plus bashguard that I couldn't pass up.

I never got any BigHit welcome either? Ohwell...

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Vert
    I never got any BigHit welcome either? Ohwell...
    Oops sorry about that........X-Vert welcome to
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RED5; 06-29-2004 at 11:36 PM.