Im going im pretty sure, who else?

When in doubt, go faster
    Where is it?

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    when and where???

Glad to Be Alive
    Where is it?

When and where???
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    what!

you guys dont know, this is only CCCX #5, sheesh you guys need to get with the times

mtbr member
    the race is this sunday, its in toro park, its right by laguna seca, its an awesome little race series that they made

http://www.cccx.org/dh/2006/index.shtml

RACE # 5 2006 CCCX DH SERIES FINAL- The course has been selected and the route will be a mixture of races #1 and #3, with some new sections added to challenge NorCal's DH racers. This final event of the series will determine who are the Division Champions as all races count toward the final point total.

Directly following the race, CCCX medals will be presented for the race itself, and then the final CCCX Series awards. Most groups will have series awards to the top 5 point totals, and our largest group the 14-16 year old racers will receive series awards to the top 10 in the division. These divisions will receive series awards to the top three due to overall field sizes- Single-Speed, Expert Women, Sport Men 35-44, Beg. Men 35-44.

This event will take place rain or shine. Toro Park gates will open at 8:00 a.m. on race day. Please note that the park closes at 4 p.m. on Saturday.

Awards- Series Champions will receive a custom Hot Shoppe DH Winners Jersey, the custom made CCCX Series plaques are the highest quality available and are 16X19 in size, 2006 CCCX DH T-shirts, and other prizes from sponsors will be presented to top finishers in the series.

The CCCX Series would like to thank its sponsors who make a strong effort to support Downhill Racing in Northern California: Fox Racing Shox, Monster Energy, WTB, Ritchey, Hot Shoppe Design Factory, Cal Giant Inc., The Vitamin Shoppe, Calabazas Cyclery, Castro Valley Cyclery, Trail Head Cycles, Family Cycling Center, Scotts Valley Cycle Sport, Joselyns, Pegasus Bicycle Works. Montara Heim Components.

Race Day Info:

Registration and Practice Opens at 8:00 am.
    Registration Closes at 11:00 am.
    Practice Closes at 11:45 am.
    Timed Run Starts at 12:00 noon.

Anyone who practices must have a race #.

Course is closed for all non racers on race day.

Upon registration racers will choose their starting time- first come first serve basis.

Racers who miss assigned start time must wait until the end of session for start- or take unclaimed start position.

Awards 30 minutes after final run.

Practice Schedule- Race day practice is from 8:00 am to 11:45 am. First time trial run is 12 noon. This is a time trial format. One rider will be sent on course at a time, time gaps will be 1 minute between starts. It takes approximately 30-35 minutes to hike to the start. Be sure and allow enough time when leaving parking/registration area to make it to the start and your selected start time. You should head to the start 40 minutes before your scheduled start time just to allow enough time. The hike to the top is steep in some sections!

There will be registration and course inspection on Saturday from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The course will not be fully marked until this time(2:00 p.m.). Riders must follow all park rules when inspecting the course on Saturday before the Sunday race. Toro Park bicycle speed limits are in effect and riders must control speed and share trails with other park users. The trails are not closed for Saturday to other park users, so riders must control speed and ride at park speed limit 15 miles per hour, and riders must share trails with other park users. Sunday practice is on closed trails just for race participants.

Also for future races, the starter will call out names and times of the starting order! So the start time you sign up for at registration will be used at the start, and your name and # will be called 5 minutes before your scheduled time to get racers in proper starting order. If there are course holds, your start time could reflect this, but the starting order will be the same. Hopefully calling out the starting order will help keep riders from racing out of turn, and waiting at the top to a smaller time frame. There should not be a long line of racers waiting to start, just a group of racers waiting for their chosen start time to arrive. So please be at the start and ready to run before your scheduled start time. If you miss your start time, see the starter and he will try and fit you in as soon as possible. Odds are that the start times will be a few minutes behind your exact starting time requested, but the order will be the same. If you feel a much slower rider is in front of you, please tell the starter and take a 2 minute gap between starts. If any rider catches you during your run, please pull over when alerted and let the faster rider pass as quickly as possible.

All races count toward the overall series championship. Bring your race # from your first event at this series please.

Awards- CCCX Medals to top finishers in each group. Cash $$$ paid to fastest 3 times of the day!-Any Division.

Series Awards- CCCX Series Plaques For Top 5 In Each Division.

All information subject to change- check web site regularly for updated information.

This is a non NORBA race, yet NORBA rules apply. Entry fee includes one day insurance.

mtbr member
    all depends on the snow, if its droping in the moutains i might not be there, but if its not i will be racen on the new YETIIIII

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hmmm, it's on the way home...

If I can find some money I'll be there. But that's gonna be hard. Really hard.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'll be there. Still holding on to 1st place in my division 35-45 Beginner. It's a small class, and I've made every race so far, but there a few guys who have beat me before, that'll definitely give me a run for the money!

When in doubt, go faster
    I wont . No el la transportationo.

Surly OG
    I'll be there to take my 2nd place in the series... good racing.... if only I didn't space race #3

all you gotta do is show up and don't crash out and your #1- I can't make enough pts to take series champ.

I'm upping to sport class next year and plan on hitting other Super D type races accross the state.

Congrats and see you Sunday!
    Earn your turns. )'(

mtbr member
    What are you guys gonna be riding/wearing

When in doubt, go faster
    A hot pink Aniki and a thong.

mtbr member
    Ill be there.

mtbr member
    how technical is the course, is it considered easy?
    Pinn'it Ya Fairy!
    -unknown genius

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastik Slingkee
    the others ones werent to technical, one of the other races was my first bike race so it is not a very hard course.

mtbr member
    I call em fun races, cuz they are easy, its just a who can take the sandy corners the fastest if you can make it its alot of fun

ONLY PROBLEM NO SHUTTLE ITS LIKE A 40 MINUTE WALK UP ((

mtbr member
    oh, i got it, thats a good course to start on
    Pinn'it Ya Fairy!
    -unknown genius

mtbr member
    oh, i got it, thats a good course to start on
    IMO its totaly worth it to go, its 25 bucks to enter, great place to meet lots of peeps

mtbr member
    sound pretty good, i hope i can make it
    Pinn'it Ya Fairy!
    -unknown genius

mtbr member
    May 2006

Maroon X-trerra truck....

Quote Originally Posted by f0ggy
    What are you guys gonna be riding/wearing
    Black Intense M1, Fox 40 shock. Black Yeti DJ (Hard tail), few blue components, and a Fox 36 (Turd brown). Also will be wearing a black Bell full face helmet, with turquoise Oakley goggles. Yellow # plate, can't remember the #?

mtbr member
    brand new yeti as-x blue rogue trophy shirt, bell full face.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paintballeerXC
    brand new yeti as-x blue rogue trophy shirt, bell full face.
    Ight my cell phone is 650-440-0286 imma gonna be hoping to get a start time as close to 12 as possible PBxc call me up dude, we'll take a pratice run or sumtin dude

mtbr member
    Ight my cell phone is 650-440-0286 imma gonna be hoping to get a start time as close to 12 as possible PBxc call me up dude, we'll take a pratice run or sumtin dude
    BUMMPPP anyone else?

mtbr member
    Yo, I think I'm going to check it out This will be the maiden race for my Marin Quake. Sounds like the course has some fast fireroads; would it be wise to bump up my 32T chainring to a 36?
    I'll be on an ano black Marin(duh) and most like be wearing red/back Marzocchi MX shorts.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Might be a little bit too big. There,s one steep climb that you might have jump off your bike and run up on. With the 32T ring you'll be fine. If your good at the cycle cross thing, running with your bike, the use the bigger ring.

When in doubt, go faster
    Well it sounds killer, toobad i cant make it . Take lots of pics for me!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Might be a little bit too big. There,s one steep climb that you might have jump off your bike and run up on. With the 32T ring you'll be fine. If your good at the cycle cross thing, running with your bike, the use the bigger ring.
    What courses does this combine? Is it the uphill after the downhill, and a right turn into it, with sand at the base?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    yes it is that climb you are thinking of, and you can carry a ton of speed into the climb(for the people who dont know). i would run a 36, instead of a 32, because of all the downhill on fireroads. i use a 38 and its possible to get up all the hills pretty fast.

mtbr member
    Well I had alot of fun, Finish time was 4:54 which is eh....ok to say the best, kinda played it conservative at the end because I took a digger on the second to last turn on my pratice run other than that it was a blast kinda slick in some parts but I thought that made it better, Howd everyone else do?

mtbr member
    i think my best race so far(ive raced twice) nice course, nice climb to the top, no were near last climb up, i think my time was 5;12 ish really fun race

When in doubt, go faster
    Any pics?

mtbr member
    4:39. You were right Spez One; the 36 would have been killer! The 32 was way too low. I mostly had to coast the fireroads I somehow shifted my chain onto my bash guard on the Singletrack before the drop turn so I ended up pedaling air until I got the chain back on the ring just before the bottom of the uphill . My mistake for not double checking my F Der limit screws. That sh*t was adjusted first thing when I got to the truck.
    I'm stoked that I got down there-it was my first DH race! I'm definitely making it out to more next year. The CCCX guys put on a great event.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59treviso
    4:39. You were right Spez One; the 36 would have been killer! The 32 was way too low. I mostly had to coast the fireroads I somehow shifted my chain onto my bash guard on the Singletrack before the drop turn so I ended up pedaling air until I got the chain back on the ring just before the bottom of the uphill . My mistake for not double checking my F Der limit screws. That sh*t was adjusted first thing when I got to the truck.
    I'm stoked that I got down there-it was my first DH race! I'm definitely making it out to more next year. The CCCX guys put on a great event.
    were you the guy who noticed my rear quick release was off or was that annother dude

mtbr member
    were you the guy who noticed my rear quick release was off or was that annother dude
    ya that was funny, but 4:39 for ur first race, messed up chain, is perrty damn good if i so. the fire roads were awesome, bunny hopping over the ruts made it really intreseting, and who ever was up at the top around 12:30. the topic that was being discussed was hilarious.

ride hard take risks
    I replaced the water pump in my van
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Yeah, that was me. That was pretty comical seeing your QR flying around while you were rippin' down the fireroad Good thing your wheel stayed in place-that coulda left a mark...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59treviso
    Yeah, that was me. That was pretty comical seeing your QR flying around while you were rippin' down the fireroad Good thing your wheel stayed in place-that coulda left a mark...
    yea a very painful mark, we should go riding soon dude, mabe over the break

Mountain Biker
    I GOT 4:50 MY CASSETTE FELT LIKE BENDING...I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE BEST RACE OUT OF THE 5 ... TIED FOR 4TH OVERALL IN HARDTAIL MEN. BUT THEY GAVE ME 5TH BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE TWO 4TH'S. BUT I LOVED THE T SHRITS AND THE PLACTS WERE REALLY NICE..THANKS GUYS CANT WAIT FOR 2007 SERIES.!
    Be at the Rio on June 12th at 7:00pm!

Premier of Sonar!

Members who have read this thread: 0