cassette help- Mtbr.com

Thread: cassette help

stupid fresh!!

cassette help

im trying to take the cassette off of my rear tire and sumthing is wrong so can ne one tell me what to do
    thanks alot

...for I am a raindog too

something is wrong???

Do you have a chain whip and the littl tool to remove the cassette? If not, that is what is wrong. If you do have the right tools, explain in a little more detail what is wrong.

We'll be able to help a little more with more info.

Meh.
    Chainwhip around the cassette, cassette tool in the lockring, turn counterclockwise. Cassette may be hesitant to come off, give a few gentle taps.

Disco-Superfly
    yeah do you even have a cassette tool and a chain whip, or a chain...
    you can make a homemade chainwhip...
    but you need a cassette tool!
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

stupid fresh!!
    damn yea i dont have a cassette tool f**k
    thanks for the help though

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mack-a-nator
    im trying to take the cassette off of my rear tire and sumthing is wrong so can ne one tell me what to do
    thanks alot
    Sure, I'll tell you what to do: Don't work on your own bike if you don't know what to do.

Glad to Be Alive
    take it too a LBS
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

ride hard take risks
    Tools are good.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=486 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=6></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=493 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD width=487 bgColor=#999999><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=486 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD width=10></TD><TD width=205></TD><TD width=1></TD><TD width=260></TD><TD width=5></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=breadcrumbtd colSpan=4></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=6></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=breadcrumbtd colSpan=4><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=leftcolumnhdr bgColor=#999999>CASSETTE & FREEWHEEL TOOLS </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=6></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD bgColor=#999999 colSpan=4></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=6></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Glad to Be Alive
    still LBS.....very quick and easy
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Tools are good.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=486 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=6></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=493 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD width=487 bgColor=#999999><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=486 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD width=10></TD><TD width=205></TD><TD width=1></TD><TD width=260></TD><TD width=5></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=breadcrumbtd colSpan=4></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=6></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=breadcrumbtd colSpan=4><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=leftcolumnhdr bgColor=#999999>CASSETTE & FREEWHEEL TOOLS </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=6></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD bgColor=#999999 colSpan=4></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=6></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

banned
    How's about helping him then.

It's really simple if you have the tools and have a brain in your skull.

Take wheel off. Take skewer out if QR, take nuts off if bolt on. Insert. Wrap chain whip around. Best way to do it is put the long side on your right if you're working over the wheel with the drive side away from you. Sometimes if they aren't greased or anything, they are a ***** to come off. Use some elbow grease.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by standard235

e.
    dat be too easy me friend

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by standard235

Take wheel off. Take skewer out if QR, take nuts off if bolt on. Insert. Wrap chain whip around. Best way to do it is put the long side on your right if you're working over the wheel with the drive side away from you. Sometimes if they aren't greased or anything, they are a ***** to come off. Use some elbow grease.
    If you dont have all the tools you can talk him through it all day, it wont come off.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    If you dont have all the tools you can talk him through it all day, it wont come off.
    actually a rag does wonders....but you need that socket thingy

stupid fresh!!
    alright im gonna go get a cassette tool
    thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    take it too a LBS

or he can buy the $3.98 cent tool and do it himself...
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/146...-Guide-Pin.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0