Carbon DH Cranks...........- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive

Carbon DH Cranks...........

Building A Carbon V10 for the wife....she doesn't go big (2 to 3 foot at most) ...

my question....what carbon cranks do you recommned with 83mm BB?? I want this bike really lite for her

thanks
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Race Face....

Race Face

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Race Face. Two sets, zero problems.

Broken but on the mend
    Sram S2200. Same as the XO but without the price tag. you can pick new sets up on pink bike for really cheap.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    Sram S2200. Same as the XO but without the price tag. you can pick new sets up on pink bike for really cheap.
    I ended up with the Sram XO's on ebay for 240 shipped...that included bottom bracket....EBay is going off....nobody is bidding on there right now
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Broken but on the mend
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS View Post
    I ended up with the Sram XO's on ebay for 240 shipped...that included bottom bracket....EBay is going off....nobody is bidding on there right now
    good choice thats what i run on my 951. i have never had an issue and i am sure i my weight is alot more then your wife. speaking of ebay going off i just got 2 brand new Han Dampfs for my trail bike yesterday for 65 bucks and i was the only bidder. i felt good about that buy

mtbr member
    The only ones I have seen break are the XO's, but she will be fine. I have 2 seasons racing DH on my SIXC (have them on my light freeride bike too)
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    The only ones I have seen break are the XO's, but she will be fine. I have 2 seasons racing DH on my SIXC (have them on my light freeride bike too)
    was going to get the SIXC but the price was too good to pass on the XO's...plus MRP sells a direct mount for chainring so I can take off the spider arms saving more weight....right now with, seat, seat tube, headset, shock, spring, wheels, ,incuding tires, rotors and casett..the bike is weighing just under 19 pounds !!!!

mtbr member
    Local Pro Kyle Hogan has snapped 3 sets of XO hence why I suggested Race Face.....

Good luck Bob!

Broken but on the mend
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjenn View Post
    Local Pro Kyle Hogan has snapped 3 sets of XO hence why I suggested Race Face.....

Good luck Bob!
    pro vs someone who rides on the weekend is a huge difference in abuse and stresses put on the cranks. i had mine on for the entire summer and never once had an issue or a worry. not claiming to be pro or anything but i have been downhilling for a long time and the trails we have up in North Cali are very rocky. if he were to have an issue with them sram has a great warranty program.

brake later, pedal sooner
    I've had the X0's and now have the SixC's...... I'll keep the SixC's just because of all the bad X0 pictures I've seen.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    the trails we have up in North Cali are very rocky.
    You should come down to SLO or SB to see some rocky trails. Oh and thanks for your service. Yes Kyle is very hard on equipment snapped a chain and RF chainring in 1/2 alos has tore the lower off a few Fox 40's by hitting LG rocks at MACH RETARD

Glad to Be Alive

Good luck Bob!
    yeah I wanted the sixc but the price was too low on the XO's to pass....really they won't be put to any abuse....for the wife...I don't see her ever doing a 2 1/2 drop...basically smoother dh trails like b-line...if it was for me then it would be different...I run the Saints

Broken but on the mend
    You should come down to SLO or SB to see some rocky trails. Oh and thanks for your service. Yes Kyle is very hard on equipment snapped a chain and RF chainring in 1/2 alos has tore the lower off a few Fox 40's by hitting LG rocks at MACH RETARD
    yeah i have rode down in slow and sb before. they are very very rocky. the rocks we have up here are very sharp. that is what i should of said. he soulds like he is not the smoothest rider with how things are breaking for him. for me i am a weekend rider so they have been doing well for me. and thank you for your support