Caravan owners - I need quick help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member extraordinair

Caravan owners - I need quick help

I have a '96 grand caravan, with a factory installed luggage rack. I am going on a trip in 3 days, and I want to take my bike. Is there an affordable system that I can use to attach a bike rack? By affordable, I mean < $100 as it will only be used on this one trip.

Ideally I could attach the rack directly to the factory installed one, but I cant seem to find anything that explicitly says it WILL work.

Thanks for any help,
    Tim
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!

Gittyup!
    You should be able to get 'clips' that will attach to your factory bars and will allow you to affix a Thule, Yakima, or Rocky Mountain bike tray to your factory rack. Super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupendous Man
    I have a '96 grand caravan, with a factory installed luggage rack. I am going on a trip in 3 days, and I want to take my bike. Is there an affordable system that I can use to attach a bike rack? By affordable, I mean < $100 as it will only be used on this one trip.

Ideally I could attach the rack directly to the factory installed one, but I cant seem to find anything that explicitly says it WILL work.

Thanks for any help,
    Tim

mtbr member extraordinair
    Damn...I dont know how this ended up in the freeride forum, It was supposed to go in the gen. discussion.

t66
    mtbr member

I've got some used towers for cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupendous Man

Thanks for any help,
    Tim
    I have 3 sets of Yakima Towers for sale. You will need a pair of Yakima bars and a tray of some kind also. Maybe you could buy my towers and borrow bars and a tray? Go to Yakima web sight and see if any of these 3 towers fit your Caravan.

See if a set of these will work and PM me!http://http://marketplace.consumerre...uery=retrieval