Can't make it to Crankworx!!!??? No Worries!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Can't make it to Crankworx!!!??? No Worries!!!

Hey all,
    I just got word that the Crankworx Slopestyle Finals will be broadcast LIVE on RIPTV...peep the press release!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE…

WHISTLER TO HOST FIRST EVER LIVE WEBCAST DURING KOKANEE CRANKWORX SLOPESTYLE FINALS

WHISTLER, BC, July 18, 2007 – More than 10,000 adrenaline junkies are expected to view Whistler Blackcomb’s first live webcast during the Kokanee Crankworx Slopestyle finals, running July 28 from 5pm to 7pm (PST).

The webcast, powered by the exclusive online broadcast partner, Rip.TV and sponsored by TELUS, is Whistler’s first ever live webcast of an action sports event. The action will feature a full live feed of the Kokanee Slopestyle final, including live commentary from the hosts.

"We are really excited to be working with Rip.TV and TELUS to bring the Kokanee Slopestyle to the world,” says Jeremy Roche, General Manager of Kokanee Crankworx. "A live webcast of the Kokanee Slopestyle finals will allow a much broader audience to take part in one of the mountain bike industry's signature events."

The Kokanee Slopestyle is the marquee event of Kokanee Crankworx. Last year,15,000 spectators were on site during the finals to watch Cameron Zink of Dayton, NV take the title with the most progressive trick of the night; a backflip X-up one-footer on the course’s massive step-up. And this year’s event promises an even better show with confirmed riders like two-time champ Paul Basagoitia going head to head with Cam McCaul, Darren Berrecloth and Jamie Goldman.

Rip.TV is an interactive broadband action sports TV network that covers mountain biking, snowboarding, skateboarding, skiing, BMX, surfing, motoX and more. The firm produces premier video content and news from around the world, including exclusive programming, live-event action coverage, and entertaining weekly shows featuring the personalities and stars of the industry.

“With this addition, mountain bike fans from around the globe will have a first-time opportunity to experience the action as it happens. This is a pivotal moment in the history of Kokanee Crankworx and we are excited to be leading this innovative charge forward.”

Viewers can watch the webcast by logging onto www.crankworx.com or www.rip.tv.

Kokanee Crankworx is presented in partnership by Tourism Whistler, Whistler Blackcomb and the Resort Municipality of Whistler. Whistler has the world’s most diverse offering of mountain biking terrain, attracting all disciplines of mountain biking. From 150 miles of single-track trails and 200 km of lift-accessed downhill runs in the Whistler Mountain Bike Park, to jump parks and the 20+ miles of paved Valley Trail, there’s something for every rider.

Consistently ranked as North America's top ski and snowboard resort, Whistler Blackcomb elevates summer adventure to new heights. On-Mountain activities include high alpine hiking and sightseeing via the Peak Chair on Whistler, epic riding in North America’s number one ranked lift-accessed mountain bike park, and summer skiing and riding on Blackcomb’s Horstman Glacier. In the valley, sparkling mountain lakes and beaches, four championship golf courses, and Whistler’s vibrant pedestrian village filled with restaurants, patios, cafés, shops, galleries and spas are all surrounded by breathtaking scenery. Located a scenic two-hour drive north of Vancouver up the spectacular Sea to Sky Highway, this four season resort is truly spectacular by nature. Check it out at www.whistlerblackcomb.com.

-30-
    Proud to be a venue for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games

Disco-Superfly
    live?
    sh!t
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Who's going to Crankworx? I might need a roomate to share costs.

Thanks,

G

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch
    My head hurts.
    Petition to bring power rangers season 1 to dvd box set
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/prseasonset

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lite0hbik3r
    My head hurts.
    i can watch it for hours
    "jesus would huck it"
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    OT question: Can we get RipTV down here in the States?

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowpug
    OT question: Can we get RipTV down here in the States?
    rip TV = online

http://www.rip.tv/
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by j_a_k_e_69@hotmail.com
    rip TV = online

http://www.rip.tv/
    Jake, thx for the heads up.

moaaar shimz
    Anyone is riding Whistler the 28th? I would like to have someone guide me..

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Anyone is riding Whistler the 28th? I would like to have someone guide me..
    I would have been, but not anymore. I'm going there to ride, not to spectate.
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    I would have been, but not anymore. I'm going there to ride, not to spectate.
    Damn it!!!

Portland, OR
    Damn it!!!
    hehe, the crowds will be gone, and the trails nice and groomed

I'm going the 31st, 1st, 2nd and coming home the 3rd.
    Ibex bikes

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

Glad to Be Alive
    I wonder about the camera angles but that sounds very cool
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Do it with style
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    hehe, the crowds will be gone, and the trails nice and groomed

I'm going the 31st, 1st, 2nd and coming home the 3rd.
    we went last year right after crankworkx and it was the WORST conditions ever the trails get hammerd from the 1000's of pepole there for crankworkx front tire eating pot holes in berms break bumps for days and dusty....just my experience i will never go again right after ckankworkx.....first week of july was prime and towards the end of august are good too..........

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL E
    we went last year right after crankworkx and it was the WORST conditions ever the trails get hammerd from the 1000's of pepole there for crankworkx front tire eating pot holes in berms break bumps for days and dusty....just my experience i will never go again right after ckankworkx.....first week of july was prime and towards the end of august are good too..........
    Oh well I'm also going from the July 31 to the 9th. I think any time a Whistler is better then no time

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL E
    E, I was going to say the exact same thing, but opted not to p*ss on the poor guy's parade. Being there for every crankworx and even the joyride festivals that preceeded them, the absolute worst time for trail conditions is right after crankworx. The absolute best is in mid September through early October. Everything is mint, there's far less people and there's enough moisture to keep the dust down.

That being said, I'm staying through the 6th since the wife is coaching a camp the following weekend. I'll deal with the brake bumps in the park and will also do more rides out of the park.

Cheers,
    EB

moaaar shimz
    How about riding WHILE crankworx???

Me hates pinchflat
    How about riding WHILE crankworx???
    how about riding ON crankworx
    "jesus would huck it"

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch
    how about riding ON crankworx
    how about riding DURING crankworx

Oh and I am here in Whistler all summer, looking forward to taking my Totem to the SRAM trailer for some fixin'. Slopestyle's gonna be killer. Trails may suffer a bit from numbers, but we are getting a decent dousing of rain right now, so I think trails will be killer when the weather dries them out on sunday. I think you will be in for some good riding if you're arround here during the week.

Teague!
    Last edited by Teague; 07-19-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Do it with style
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    E, I was going to say the exact same thing, but opted not to p*ss on the poor guy's parade. Being there for every crankworx and even the joyride festivals that preceeded them, the absolute worst time for trail conditions is right after crankworx. The absolute best is in mid September through early October. Everything is mint, there's far less people and there's enough moisture to keep the dust down.

That being said, I'm staying through the 6th since the wife is coaching a camp the following weekend. I'll deal with the brake bumps in the park and will also do more rides out of the park.

Cheers,
    EB
    sorry wasn't trying to bum anyone out. i would ride no matter what that place iz money in it's worst shape. sweet sweet lift and gondola service. i heard from some locals this last trip that pemberton has alot of good riding and it's 10min away from whistler.....might be worth checkin on a busy day......i'll be back late september can't wait

Members who have read this thread: 0