Cannondale prophet sl? 4x?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Cannondale prophet sl? 4x?

What you guys think of these for 4x adn general all around trial bike nothing too intense. The reason im liking it is the slack headangle 67.5 low bottom bracket due to the smaller rear shock (its the same fraem as prophet just smaller fork and shock . I want a bike thats alot lower then my gemini wich feels like im on top of it and thus not too flickable etc and the standerd prophet is very simaler to gemini .

mtbr member

... and if we just ... I have prophet 600 & Gemini

Quote Originally Posted by gemini2000
    What you guys think of these for 4x adn general all around trial bike nothing too intense. The reason im liking it is the slack headangle 67.5 low bottom bracket due to the smaller rear shock (its the same fraem as prophet just smaller fork and shock . I want a bike thats alot lower then my gemini wich feels like im on top of it and thus not too flickable etc and the standerd prophet is very simaler to gemini .
    The prophet 600 has a noticeable lower bottom bracket height. In fact, I smash my pedals a few times on each ride. I have a medium and it is very "flickable"
    I use it for All Mountain type riding...lots of pedaling, but can also handle all the rollers, log rides and smaller drops.

I use it 95% of the time...and the gemini the other 5% only at lift access mountains.

I threw a FOX DHX 3.0 on the rear...much better than the stock Radium air or Swinger air.
    Note: the correct mounting direction is just the opposite of the photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini2000
    The reason im liking it is the slack headangle 67.5 low bottom bracket due to the smaller rear shock (its the same fraem as prophet just smaller fork and shock.
    What? The 4X Prophet has the same shock size as the other Prophets: 200mm x50mm. Same thing up front, the Lefty on the 4X model is the exact same as the Prophet 2000. The BB gets lower and the headtube slacker when you put the swingarm in FR mode but that's true for both bikes.

Also, the frame is not exactly the same. The 4X has the obvious Thru-12 swingarm but also has ICSG mounts for the chain device and the headtube/downtube junction is beefed up with gusset. A great bike that can handle many things from XC to almost DH riding...
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 07-04-2006 at 02:08 PM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Members who have read this thread: 0