Cannondale prophet sl? 4x?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    221

    Cannondale prophet sl? 4x?

    What you guys think of these for 4x adn general all around trial bike nothing too intense. The reason im liking it is the slack headangle 67.5 low bottom bracket due to the smaller rear shock (its the same fraem as prophet just smaller fork and shock . I want a bike thats alot lower then my gemini wich feels like im on top of it and thus not too flickable etc and the standerd prophet is very simaler to gemini .

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: freeriderB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,631

    ... and if we just ... I have prophet 600 & Gemini

    Quote Originally Posted by gemini2000
    What you guys think of these for 4x adn general all around trial bike nothing too intense. The reason im liking it is the slack headangle 67.5 low bottom bracket due to the smaller rear shock (its the same fraem as prophet just smaller fork and shock . I want a bike thats alot lower then my gemini wich feels like im on top of it and thus not too flickable etc and the standerd prophet is very simaler to gemini .
    The prophet 600 has a noticeable lower bottom bracket height. In fact, I smash my pedals a few times on each ride. I have a medium and it is very "flickable"
    I use it for All Mountain type riding...lots of pedaling, but can also handle all the rollers, log rides and smaller drops.

    I use it 95% of the time...and the gemini the other 5% only at lift access mountains.

    I threw a FOX DHX 3.0 on the rear...much better than the stock Radium air or Swinger air.
    Note: the correct mounting direction is just the opposite of the photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,429
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini2000
    The reason im liking it is the slack headangle 67.5 low bottom bracket due to the smaller rear shock (its the same fraem as prophet just smaller fork and shock.
    What? The 4X Prophet has the same shock size as the other Prophets: 200mm x50mm. Same thing up front, the Lefty on the 4X model is the exact same as the Prophet 2000. The BB gets lower and the headtube slacker when you put the swingarm in FR mode but that's true for both bikes.

    Also, the frame is not exactly the same. The 4X has the obvious Thru-12 swingarm but also has ICSG mounts for the chain device and the headtube/downtube junction is beefed up with gusset. A great bike that can handle many things from XC to almost DH riding...
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 07-04-2006 at 02:08 PM.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.