Cannondale Gemini DH 04 vs 05- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Cannondale Gemini DH 04 vs 05

Hi
    what are the main differences between this 2 frames?i have an opportunity to buy both but 05 is much more expensive and i dont know if its worth to pay more,help me
    Thanks
    Jan

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    well i had an 04 dh in at my work mega sweet, with the 6-way Manitou to my knowledge there is no real diff between the 04 and 05 except shock options probalble reason for the 04 being cheaper is clearout you wanna get rid of th eolder frame for the new one just make sure it has the 6-Way Manitou.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    the 05 has a massive headtube gusset underneath the downtube, which was not on the 04 model. The 04 came with the hub, the 05 does not. other than that they are basically the same. oh yeah, and the 05 looks way cooler with the raw gloss finish

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    meh i dunno the 04 dh that was at my bikeshop was a nice gold and black it looked pretty sick hard to see the 05 looking better ;p although raw gloss is pretty cool it's what i did to my banshee afterall stripped the paint off, new decal kit, and clear coat lol

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hi
    thanks for info
    So You think is worth to pay more $$$ for colour and stronger headtube?because this 04 frame that i can buy comes with 6 way.Yeah,i like the 05 look but i'm not that rich to pay for colour,not right now
    I'm going to run this frame with 04 shiver DC
    Thank for help
    Jan

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    well how much extra are you talking about ? the 04 isn't a weak bike comes stock with a 888 so it's not like it isn't set up to handle a 8 inch fork also like that other guy above me said does the 04 come with the hub and the 05 not ? i'd go witht he 04 it's fully warrantied if it by some chance does have a weak headtube you will get your free 05-06 frame lol

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The 04 i can have is a little used with rear wheel and 6 way for 1000$ and 05 is a brand new with reducers, canno hub and 6 way too for 1400-1500$,what do You think?
    Thanks
    Jan

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    aslong as the 04 comes with the full warranty i'd go for it, if by little used i'd assume it was being used by some shop employees ? if it comes without full warranty i'd spring for the 05

Doesnt ride Banshees
    1499 for an 05 frame is a smokin good deal, epseically since its new with the warentee. i'd go with that. if your one of those guys who has a bike for 2 years and sells its then save some coin and get the 04, but if you want a bike for the long haul get the 05 for the warentee. thats my .02 cents

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Honestly i dont know about warranty,Yes,he works at bike shop,i will ask
    And how it is with warranty?if i buy used frame and something happens can i send it to canno??
    Thanks
    Jan

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Honestly i dont know about warranty,Yes,he works at bike shop,i will ask about warranty
    And how it is with warranty?if i buy used frame and something happens can i send it to canno??
    Thanks
    Jan

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    1499 for an 05 frame is a smokin good deal, epseically since its new with the warentee. i'd go with that. if your one of those guys who has a bike for 2 years and sells its then save some coin and get the 04, but if you want a bike for the long haul get the 05 for the warentee. thats my .02 cents
    Good point,till now i have a frame over 5 years,when i buy somethng i buy it like a "home", one for a long time

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    ya ask him about it, at my shop the owner has a bike he ordered for himself it's always for sale, he rides it after hrs and it's back in the shop in the morning, when it's sold it has full warranty with it as he never rides it to much and still in mint shape. 500US is a pretty big diff lol even though it really isn't that bad of a price for an 05 dh new, if i'm not mistaken thier about 2400 retail *Canadian anyways* if u can get a 04 DH with full 3 yr stock warranty for 1000 bucks canadian that's a screamin deal.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    anybody have a gemini up for grabs? i'm shopping for one right now.