Canfield C(K)illing it in Canada- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Canfield C(K)illing it in Canada

so first off have to give another huge thanks to the boys at canfield for their outstanding customer service which saved my once yearly trip to whistler. at a minimum it made it a hell of a lot better since i was able to be on my own bike! and it held up great to all of the abuse i put it through.

below is the link to the video i put together of our (me and two buddies) labor day trip to whistler. this is the third year running and as always we had an absolutely amazing time. yeah, i know everyone has seen a million POV videos of A-line and everything else featured in my edit but since we only get down once a year none of us are willing to take the time to do some real filming. we always talk about it but it never seems to happen, maybe next year... hell, at leas the out takes at the end or worth the time spend viewing... oh, and yes i know the encoding is screwed up in a couple of places, not sure what the deal is with that but with how long it has taken for me to get this up, i didn't feel like messing with it any more. thanks for checking it out, enjoy it for what it is...

and if anyone is so inclined, feel free to embed the link, i don't know how.

pv

Glad to Be Alive
    Canfields customer service rockin the house...they rule
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    awesome vid...but pixolates in some spots
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    thanks. yeah i'm not sure what the deal is with those spots?? it is fairly minor and i didn't feel like messing with it anymore. if you want to see what we do when bike season is over check out these three videos from last year. the resolution isn't as good though. that first one is about a 100 footer.

never thought i would find something that could compete with that. then i went to whistler with my DH bike... only thing i've found comparable.

pv

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Awesome

Great Vids. That last crash at Whistler looked brutal.

Pivotal figure
    Let's see if this embed code works...I resized it smaller since I've found the smaller version to be a lot sharper.
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/50402759" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Thanjs for tge embed. Yeah, the last crash was pretty painful. Went a little long on the second table and wasn't lined up right for the third one. And obviously didn't go off the lip cirrectly. Glad i had my neck brace on concidering i ripped my go pro off the top off my helmet. Ruined my case and helmet mount. Akthough it is time to retire that helmet now anyway. Its all all goid though, i walked away.

PV

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Stoked you had a great trip up there Cory and let's make a point to all hook up, up there next year!

I had a really good crash up there on In Deep yesterday, and YES... WE SHOULD ALL ROCK NECK BRACES!!! Saved my A$$!!!
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 10-01-2012 at 02:56 PM.

9 lives
    Thanks for sharing your experience and vid!
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Awesome Corey!!! Super good stuff! I like you SLED videos too! Reminds me of the sand dunes~

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    thanks for the praise. i'd (we) like to do some non POV filming next year to better round out the videos, we'll see if it happens...

hell ya, i'm always in for meeting up and riding! i'll be in touch over the winter concerning a new frame... we'll just have to figure out when we can all get there. i'm never apposed to riding other place too. love to check out new stuff.

cory
    Last edited by ak pura vida; 10-01-2012 at 03:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Your story about Canfield's CS is what pushed me into ordering my One. Who says CS doesn't pay?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    awesome. i'm sure you'll love the bike. everyone that has one, seems to be pretty excited about it. i love my diggle but it is time for a new frame. (there is a slight possibility that is more of a want than a technical "need"...) of course there are things i could critique about the frame but overall it just works so well! one of the biggest things i've noticed is that i just seems to roll faster than most other bikes. now i understand that may have nothing to do with the frame but i consistently find myself catching up to people in sections where you don't have to peddle. i don't have anything special on my bike that would make it roll any fast than anything else out there so it must be the frame right???

pv

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    great videos

Members who have read this thread: 0