Canfield Balance- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Canfield Balance

Anyone have some good riding experience on the Balance. I am looking at this for an all around frame (trails, FR, jump) and would appreciate any feedback on the bike. I am looking at the Uzzi and VP Free as well.

Hisforever
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi1114
    Anyone have some good riding experience on the Balance. I am looking at this for an all around frame (trails, FR, jump) and would appreciate any feedback on the bike. I am looking at the Uzzi and VP Free as well.
    I thought it was a sweet bike when I saw it. I think its typical of teh Canfield bikes once you ride it you either love it or hate it. My bro just picked up an F1 dh rig. its just built up and bada$$. he should be killing it like WCH.
    Jesus Saves

Moxie HT
    Orbea Rallon
    sb 130/150
    Evil Undead
    Yz 250x

mtbr member
    It's a little shorter travel and probably stronger than the other 2 bikes you mentioned, so it may work better for DJ and trails.

Shabeeb is right about the feel though. The linkage is a little more radical than other VPP bikes i've ridden, a little more rearward initially. More feedback in the granny. If you were to set it up with a 36 or 38 it probably would not be noticeable. This gives the bike the Canfield rock eating feel though.

You sure wouldn't see anyone else at the trails on one!

Props for them for still using Cr Mo mainframe tubing. Can't hurt steel!

Good luck destroying the huge 20mm bearings at every pivot. Big plus compared to the other VPP's or any other bike for that matter.

Krispy
    Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    It's a little shorter travel and probably stronger than the other 2 bikes you mentioned, so it may work better for DJ and trails.
    yah, i'm interested in the balance as well. that thing looks sick.

what's the official weight of the canfield balance frame?

East Coast Style
    join the club on wanting one of these frames haha. Ive heard enough about em, im set on it. people say great things about the linkage, so i cant wait to get my hands on one come the end of december when ive got enuff cash
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    yah, i'm interested in the balance as well. that thing looks sick.

what's the official weight of the canfield balance frame?

The new all aluminum Balance frame and DHX 5.0 weigh in at 10.25 lbs.
    The cromo Balance with the same shock is 11.5 lbs.
    You can get a DHX 5.0 air for an additional $50 and shave around a pound.
    Both the aluminum and the cromo version are in stock and available now. The Balance frame and 5.0 coil shock go for $1799, either version.

My personal bike (the 7005 alloy blue one in the pic) is 31lbs but I don't think you could get under 30 very easy. The black one is steel, as shown 38 lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike
    The new all aluminum Balance frame and DHX 5.0 weigh in at 10.25 lbs.
    The cromo Balance with the same shock is 11.5 lbs.
    You can get a DHX 5.0 air for an additional $50 and shave around a pound.
    Both the aluminum and the cromo version are in stock and available now. The Balance frame and 5.0 coil shock go for $1799, either version.

My personal bike (the 7005 alloy blue one in the pic) is 31lbs but I don't think you could get under 30 very easy. The black one is steel, as shown 38 lbs.

31 is real nice....man I want one
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi1114
    This is how flymybike described the Balance in another thread: "Balance - Slopestyle, dirt jump, slower to mid speed riding, more tight and tech trails because of the tight chainstays and minimal rearward (16.25 - 16.75)"

East Coast Style
    flymybike what colors can you get the frame in? is it possible to get a diff color for an extra fee?
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by acdcfan1283
    flymybike what colors can you get the frame in? is it possible to get a diff color for an extra fee?
    Both F1 and Balance come in Blue, Flat Black, Grey and White. We can do any color for $200 more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yay! Bikes !

I have to ask ... your "balance" logos strike me a unusual. It includes an obvious street gang symbols. (the crown and pitchfork on the "N"). not small potato gangs either. these symbols will be found in most major urban areas in the USA, though maybe not in GJ.

Since I have a hard time believing you two are gang bangers, what if any significance does those hold in your logo, and were you aware of them at all?

I'm not knocking your beautiful frames.I just want to know. Thanks.

East Coast Style
    sweet. ill probly dish otu the extra cash to get it in a lime green. Thanks again
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Metal Head
    That is a great bike!!!!
    "Crashing Sucks!"

mtbr member
    sweet. ill probly dish otu the extra cash to get it in a lime green. Thanks again
    u got a 303 and now a canfield,

truth seeker
    Both F1 and Balance come in Blue, Flat Black, Grey and White. We can do any color for $200 more.
    Any plans to offer an anodized version?

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick.

I have to ask ... your "balance" logos strike me a unusual. It includes an obvious street gang symbols. (the crown and pitchfork on the "N"). not small potato gangs either. these symbols will be found in most major urban areas in the USA, though maybe not in GJ.

Since I have a hard time believing you two are gang bangers, what if any significance does those hold in your logo, and were you aware of them at all?

I'm not knocking your beautiful frames.I just want to know. Thanks.
    It's oneeightseven font. Only the "E" is modified to have the arrow point down. We certainly aren't gangster types, we just like the font. Really nothing more than that. Do tell, what is the significance of the "crown and pitchfork on the "N""? Now I'm curious, dam. The Lucky uses the same font.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile
    Any plans to offer an anodized version?
    Actually yes, the Lucky frames are built and being sent out next week for XTR grey hard anodize (actually called xtr) and some special details that your just going to have to see. So trick!! I guarantee someone is going to knock of this idea! I'd love to here what you guys think when we get them back.

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Riding that in the wrong area could get you shot.

click

East Coast Style
    Actually yes, the Lucky frames are built and being sent out next week for XTR grey hard anodize (actually called xtr) and some special details that your just going to have to see. So trick!! I guarantee someone is going to knock of this idea! I'd love to here what you guys think when we get them back.
    Maybe Ill order that model instead heheh. post up a few pics of it when you get it back?
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

East Coast Style
    Quote Originally Posted by paintballeerXC
    u got a 303 and now a canfield,
    yeah, ive been working pretty hard at my job and its paying off. got me a raise and since its a bike shop I can order stuff at cost. So its not as much as it used to be for me haha.
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

mtbr member
    yeah, ive been working pretty hard at my job and its paying off. got me a raise and since its a bike shop I can order stuff at cost. So its not as much as it used to be for me haha.
    you know if u ever want to get rid of the 303.............

Yay! Bikes !
    It's oneeightseven font. Only the "E" is modified to have the arrow point down. We certainly aren't gangster types, we just like the font. Really nothing more than that. Do tell, what is the significance of the "crown and pitchfork on the "N""? Now I'm curious, dam. The Lucky uses the same font.

Check your PM. I would rather not derail the thread anymore.

East Coast Style
    Quote Originally Posted by paintballeerXC
    you know if u ever want to get rid of the 303.............
    Ill let you knoew first
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Members who have read this thread: 0