Cane Creek Double Barrel- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Giant STP 06
    Reputation: KonaStinky05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    575

    Cane Creek Double Barrel

    Kind of seems like cane creek is raising a lot of hype about their new shock. Is this possibly going to be the next new thing like the DHX is now?

    It's going to cost more than the DHX, so hopefully it'll be good





    Sorry if this is old and I missed it or something, but there's a lot of new things coming out, the roco, dhx air, this...

  2. #2
    Giant STP 06
    Reputation: KonaStinky05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    575
    nobody?

  3. #3
    high school loser
    Reputation: nobody242424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    huh, never seen dat before, looks sweet...
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    122
    I believe (might be wrong) this is the shock that is designed? partially designed? valved? by Ohlins. So if this is the case then it should be decent, but i have never messed with a ohlins shock that wasnt on a car or motorbike so who knows how well it will carry to mtb. If this isnt the shock i am thinking of then dissregard this

    mntl

  5. #5
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Mntl
    I believe (might be wrong) this is the shock that is designed? partially designed? valved? by Ohlins. So if this is the case then it should be decent, but i have never messed with a ohlins shock that wasnt on a car or motorbike so who knows how well it will carry to mtb. If this isnt the shock i am thinking of then dissregard this

    mntl
    it is, twin tube main piston chamber with seperate rebound and compression circuits, with hi/lo compression and hi/low rebound...a first for mtb. Probably the most advanced shock out there....not fully released tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  6. #6
    TNC
    TNC is offline
    noMAD man
    Reputation: TNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,059

    But no stable platform?

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    it is, twin tube main piston chamber with seperate rebound and compression circuits, with hi/lo compression and hi/low rebound...a first for mtb. Probably the most advanced shock out there....not fully released tho
    I saw one of these at I-Bike last October, but there wasn't a lot of technical data on it. Everything I saw then and since, however, didn't indicate any platform that I could tell. Just speculation on my part, but I'd think this would make a heck of a great downhill shock but perhaps not an all-around shock on a long travel bike that had to be pedaled to any great degree...maybe something like an Avy? I'd suspect that this will be a fairly high quality shock. Perhaps the compression circuit and its adjustments will be favorable to bicycle use for a controlled platform of sorts.

  7. #7
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    I saw one of these at I-Bike last October, but there wasn't a lot of technical data on it. Everything I saw then and since, however, didn't indicate any platform that I could tell. Just speculation on my part, but I'd think this would make a heck of a great downhill shock but perhaps not an all-around shock on a long travel bike that had to be pedaled to any great degree...maybe something like an Avy? I'd suspect that this will be a fairly high quality shock. Perhaps the compression circuit and its adjustments will be favorable to bicycle use for a controlled platform of sorts.
    low speed compression is the "platform" adjustment
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Service Tip for all Cane Creek rear shock owners
    By TeamTwentyFour in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 01:23 PM
  2. Cane Creek WAM wheel?
    By ryman in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:58 PM
  3. Anyone using a Cane Creek Thudbuster, read this...
    By crashedandburned in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 07:20 AM
  4. Bearing Failure on Cane Creek Zonos Wheel
    By papajohn in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 11:10 PM
  5. Cane Creek air shock on Loco Moto?
    By jbf in forum Titus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 07:19 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.