Cane Creek Double Barrel- Mtbr.com
    Giant STP 06

Cane Creek Double Barrel

Kind of seems like cane creek is raising a lot of hype about their new shock. Is this possibly going to be the next new thing like the DHX is now?

It's going to cost more than the DHX, so hopefully it'll be good

Sorry if this is old and I missed it or something, but there's a lot of new things coming out, the roco, dhx air, this...

Giant STP 06
    nobody?

high school loser
    huh, never seen dat before, looks sweet...
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I believe (might be wrong) this is the shock that is designed? partially designed? valved? by Ohlins. So if this is the case then it should be decent, but i have never messed with a ohlins shock that wasnt on a car or motorbike so who knows how well it will carry to mtb. If this isnt the shock i am thinking of then dissregard this

mntl

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mntl
    I believe (might be wrong) this is the shock that is designed? partially designed? valved? by Ohlins. So if this is the case then it should be decent, but i have never messed with a ohlins shock that wasnt on a car or motorbike so who knows how well it will carry to mtb. If this isnt the shock i am thinking of then dissregard this

mntl
    it is, twin tube main piston chamber with seperate rebound and compression circuits, with hi/lo compression and hi/low rebound...a first for mtb. Probably the most advanced shock out there....not fully released tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

TNC
    noMAD man

But no stable platform?

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    it is, twin tube main piston chamber with seperate rebound and compression circuits, with hi/lo compression and hi/low rebound...a first for mtb. Probably the most advanced shock out there....not fully released tho
    I saw one of these at I-Bike last October, but there wasn't a lot of technical data on it. Everything I saw then and since, however, didn't indicate any platform that I could tell. Just speculation on my part, but I'd think this would make a heck of a great downhill shock but perhaps not an all-around shock on a long travel bike that had to be pedaled to any great degree...maybe something like an Avy? I'd suspect that this will be a fairly high quality shock. Perhaps the compression circuit and its adjustments will be favorable to bicycle use for a controlled platform of sorts.

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    I saw one of these at I-Bike last October, but there wasn't a lot of technical data on it. Everything I saw then and since, however, didn't indicate any platform that I could tell. Just speculation on my part, but I'd think this would make a heck of a great downhill shock but perhaps not an all-around shock on a long travel bike that had to be pedaled to any great degree...maybe something like an Avy? I'd suspect that this will be a fairly high quality shock. Perhaps the compression circuit and its adjustments will be favorable to bicycle use for a controlled platform of sorts.
    low speed compression is the "platform" adjustment
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!