Can someone explain this to me?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Can someone explain this to me?

It says pull shock on it, but it doesn't look at all like a pull shock design....

There site says this: - Single Pivot design,very stiff, triangulated swing arm that has anticipated since 1998, the same pull reversed triangulated structure that only recently has been applied to the lately GP winning motos
    - Ancillotti progressive , hermetically sealed, Pull Shock superlight linkage system, allows for the the lowest and most centered positioning of the mass, for superior handling and stability
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

Capricious youth...
    I could see how that could be a pull shock, but only in my mind. I'm no engineer, so describing it in words would make me go cross-eyed and I'd earn a big-fat "FAIL" award from the forum here.
    Meh.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Interesting chainguide set up there...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    I could see how that could be a pull shock, but only in my mind. I'm no engineer, so describing it in words would make me go cross-eyed and I'd earn a big-fat "FAIL" award from the forum here.
    Ok, I found out some more info.

ancillotti's it's not a pull shock system, as in the shock isn't being pulled, but pushed
    the leverages that actuate the shock are what is being pulled in the ancillotti scheme
    they just misnamed it
    Pull - as a few before me said - is describing its swing arm to rocker arm relationship. instead of activating the shock like a turner, it works similar to an old giant DH team (not exactly like most jap moto's however). They have a nice compact design, and got around the swingarm-shock resevoir bottom out interference by going with the funky flipped resevoir design (which prolly throws alot of people off and further impounds the idea of it using a pull shock)
    Yep, they call their suspension system 'pull shock'. BUT... The shock absorber that is used in their so called 'pull shock' system is a regular shock absorber that could be swapped out with a revox, DHX, Avy, CCDB or any other conventional shock with the right eye to eye & stroke. (save for any clearance issues with the reservoir)
    I hope that you can see the difference in the way the shock is actuated by comparing it with the other suspension designs pictured in this thread that do use a pull type shock absorber
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

mtbr member
    Looks flexy...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Looks like a Wal-Mart special with nice parts
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

Members who have read this thread: 0