Can anyone help me out? (reverse spam)- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    idiot
    Reputation: biblebasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    140

    Can anyone help me out? (reverse spam)

    Four bikes were stolen from my garage the other night - 2 of which were mine.
    Leaving me with only a BigHit for getting around town - which i'm not too into.

    Does anyone have parts etc they're looking to sell?

    Ultimately I'd like to build up a single speed dj bike w/ 24's & a disc in the rear.
    I have forks.
    Maybe an old P frame or something like that or whatever.

    I've very bummed.

    Anything would help.

    bill
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."


    TIGER HAND! RAWR!!!!! RAWRR! rar. Hahaaa, hi.
    Tiger Hand. Come on! You Know!
    ...You don't know Tiger Hand?
    Tiger Hand beats paper. Like totally beats paper. Always

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrontRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,469
    Hate to ask the obvious but, no insurance?

  3. #3
    pwn3rator
    Reputation: scabrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,640
    i have a cruiser bmx frame and a specialized hard rock with a one inch head tube, i know this probly wont help you but i felt like saying something...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

  4. #4
    Beyond the stars
    Reputation: RedDwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    745

    I'm guessing homeowner's insurance is the way to go . .

    I have a wheelset, it's not 24, it's 26 and not cheep, so that may not be what you are looking for, but . . .

    . . . if you, or someone you know is looking for a good urban/DJ wheelset this set is "like new" . . .

  5. #5
    Soul Cycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    819
    sorry man

  6. #6
    idiot
    Reputation: biblebasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    140

    Mucho appreciated

    I'm a renter & no, no insurance. I lived like a sucka, I lost my bikes like a sucka.

    Thanks for the hits, guys.

    I'll be in touch if I wanna pick up on those offers.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."


    TIGER HAND! RAWR!!!!! RAWRR! rar. Hahaaa, hi.
    Tiger Hand. Come on! You Know!
    ...You don't know Tiger Hand?
    Tiger Hand beats paper. Like totally beats paper. Always

  7. #7
    Beyond the stars
    Reputation: RedDwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    745

    bummer about no insurance . . .

    hope you get some cool new stuff, and everything turns out ok in the end.

  8. #8
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    sorry to hear
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  9. #9
    WWT
    WWT is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    429
    Sorry to hear that. I don't really have anything that you're looking for. For what it's worth, there is a special place in hell for the scumbags who steal bikes...

  10. #10
    I HATE GOLF
    Reputation: Stophovr6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by WWT
    Sorry to hear that. I don't really have anything that you're looking for. For what it's worth, there is a special place in hell for the scumbags who steal bikes...
    Yeah, i heard you have to bike uphill for 3 hours and when you get the top you get kicked in the nuts...
    FVCK YOU

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    110
    i o heard the hill was never ending, and if you stopped you got your go-nads bitten off by a bulldog, i guess only realy men would care if their balls get bitten off, but the ppl who steal bikes arnt real men, so i guess it wouldnt matter for them

  12. #12
    COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
    Reputation: spacoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,109

    biblebasher????

    Sounds like you need to repent and get saved.

    With a name like biblebasher, you will never get blessed.

    The bible says:
    "Every knee shall bow and every tounge will confess that JESUS IS LORD".

    Amen
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,480
    Check your PMs.

  14. #14
    high school loser
    Reputation: nobody242424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    i got a sweet rst strait off my sisters trek 4300. it could make for a sweet dj fork and its uber cheap.
    Last edited by nobody242424; 06-04-2005 at 05:06 PM.
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

  15. #15
    idiot
    Reputation: biblebasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    140

    hahaha....

    It's been quite a while (year +) since I set up this MTBR forum account, and I haven't gotten spanked for the name yet.

    I guess since you've scolded me, I'll explain...

    I'm completely a-theistic. Biblebasher is a Deicide song that happened to be playing when I was setting up the account. Nothing more. I always get a brainfart when it comes to coming up with titles for posts, or screen names, or email addresses so I take something that's within ear or eye shot and commit to it.

    Now get over it, this is a BIKE forum - harrass the heathen somewhere else, godboy.

    Thanks to all (again) for the empathy.

    bill
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."


    TIGER HAND! RAWR!!!!! RAWRR! rar. Hahaaa, hi.
    Tiger Hand. Come on! You Know!
    ...You don't know Tiger Hand?
    Tiger Hand beats paper. Like totally beats paper. Always

  16. #16
    COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
    Reputation: spacoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,109

    I will pray for you

    As a Christian, we are to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ (witness). So I thought would just share a little.

    I have seen your screen name before and I thought WOW, that's heavy.

    So when I read that you were going through a trial with your bikes being stolen, even though it's not the end of the world. It would be a good time to witness to you. It is the perfect time to share and it never hurts to tell someone about Jesus and never hurts to listen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect, nobody is, Jesus was the only perfect one without sin.

    I pray for safety before every time I head downhill on my bike or when I'm with my 11 year old son, for his safety while we are riding.

    I will pray the God will reveal Himself to you before you take that last "downhill run".

    Have fun, be safe and may God bless you with His Son Jesus, someday!



    Quote Originally Posted by biblebasher
    It's been quite a while (year +) since I set up this MTBR forum account, and I haven't gotten spanked for the name yet.

    I guess since you've scolded me, I'll explain...

    I'm completely a-theistic. Biblebasher is a Deicide song that happened to be playing when I was setting up the account. Nothing more. I always get a brainfart when it comes to coming up with titles for posts, or screen names, or email addresses so I take something that's within ear or eye shot and commit to it.

    Now get over it, this is a BIKE forum - harrass the heathen somewhere else, godboy.

    Thanks to all (again) for the empathy.

    bill
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: imridingmybike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by spacoli

    I pray for safety before every time I head downhill on my bike or when I'm with my 11 year old son, for his safety while we are riding.
    Me too dude, and I'm not even religeous.

    I started out praying for my dumb ass friends who were taking drops without scoping the landings first - then I crashed hard one day and figured maybe I need to start praying for my own safety.

    Now I ask God to keep me and my neighbors (I'm a pretty charitable guy) safe and yell "ALLAH AKBAR!" all the way down.

    Just keeping all the bases covered, you know?

  18. #18
    DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Reputation: JSUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,360
    Atheist here.. I favor no religion but I have to admit that those Catholics/Christians aint doin anything wrong for me to say sheit.
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

  19. #19
    COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
    Reputation: spacoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,109

    Nothing wrong with that

    A little prayer now and then don't hurt.

    I was out with my boy today. We went on a 11 mile ride with a 3 mile technical off chamber single track.(see pic of my son walking a section) If you slid off the trail you were in for a roll down the bank, hoping you won't go all the way down.

    I was totally impressed with his riding. He cleaned stuff I didn't. I was riding my Gemini, so it wasn't the best bike to take on that type of ride. I ride the Gemini with him because it's usally a slow ride with him only being 11 years old.

    Well he went down more than once, one time he hit a set of roots (see pic of roots, bank and creek below) and went down the bank. He stopped after a few rolls.(see pic)
    He was fine and even smiled while I took his picture.

    Mountain biking.

    I love it!


    Quote Originally Posted by imridingmybike
    Me too dude, and I'm not even religeous.

    I started out praying for my dumb ass friends who were taking drops without scoping the landings first - then I crashed hard one day and figured maybe I need to start praying for my own safety.

    Now I ask God to keep me and my neighbors (I'm a pretty charitable guy) safe and yell "ALLAH AKBAR!" all the way down.

    Just keeping all the bases covered, you know?
    Last edited by spacoli; 06-04-2005 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

  20. #20
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by spacoli
    A little prayer now and then don't hurt.

    I was out with my boy today. We went on a 11 mile ride with a 3 mile technical off chamber single track.(see pic of my son walking a section) If you slid off the trail you were in for a roll down the bank, hoping you won't go all the way down.

    I was totally impressed with his riding. He cleaned stuff I didn't. I was riding my Gemini, so it wasn't the best bike to take on that type of ride. I ride the Gemini with him because it's usally a slow ride with him only being 11 years old.

    Well he went down more than once, one time he hit a set of roots (see pic of roots, bank and creek below) and went down the bank. He stopped after a few rolls.(see pic)
    He was fine and even smiled while I took his picture.

    Mountain biking.

    I love it!
    is that concrete or water at the bottom?

  21. #21
    COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
    Reputation: spacoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,109

    It's water

    That is the creek below. The bank realy drops off and is steep.

    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    is that concrete or water at the bottom?
    I can fix it............... my dad has an awesome set of tools

Similar Threads

  1. Reverse Spam: need SPD shoes
    By fish man in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 02:13 PM
  2. spam spam spam: vintage parts
    By aosty in forum Vintage, Retro, Classic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 09:16 AM
  3. buy my bike
    By KONA_in_SB in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 05:21 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 07:41 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.