Campgrounds near Diablo Freeride Park- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Campgrounds near Diablo Freeride Park

In an effort to search for campsites near Diablo I have no choice, but to turn to the good folks of mtbr. Me and a buddy plan to be up their for Memorial Day weekend for the US Open (first trip and very excited!). All I can find is what seems to be an RV campground
    http://www.pleasantacres.com/rates.htm#DailyRates

and this: http://www.beachcomber.com/Nj/Camping/Sky/beavhill.html

For those of you who have been there before are their any other options near the park? Thanks for all the help
    -08 Santa Cruz Bullit
    -06 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    -06 Santa Cruz Heckler

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i havent seen many camp grounds while driving up there. but then again im not looking for any of them.

try here: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122
    locals usually keep an eye on that board

Huh?
    Apr 2005
    Therer is Beaverhill Campground also. Its about 10 minutes from the mountain. I beleive there is a link to it from Diablos website.

bike doctor
    there is a state park campground about 15 minutes away. its water and bathrooms and is on a big lake. I think it was about $30 for the night not too bad. somewhere in vernon, nj

THELAND photographer
    we basically are looking for the cheapest place to stay hassle free, money is real tight but i gotta be there to do some photography stuff so the cheaper the better...free would be best but im not really trying to sleep in my car
    No matter what you do, go ahead and take the chance and live a bit crazy
    www.freeridepark.com
    Http://jah9417.cias.rit.edu

bikeaholic
    Aug 2004
    There's a NJ state park about 10 minutes away from Diablo called Waywayanda State Park. You can camp there if you want. There are also tons of XC trails if you feel like doing a little pedaling. I'm pretty sure that the town is called Hewitt, NJ.

bikeaholic
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleProph6
    we basically are looking for the cheapest place to stay hassle free, money is real tight but i gotta be there to do some photography stuff so the cheaper the better...free would be best but im not really trying to sleep in my car
    I know that to use one of the campsites you actually have to pay for it, but the Appalachian Trail runs right through the park and I'm pretty sure that you can camp on/off the trail wherever you want and not pay anything.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    fortunatly for me my family has a summer house in highland lakes,nj. all i have to do is ride down breakneck road, turn left, ride for about a mile and bam!
    Can you adopt me? I make killer Mac N Cheese.

trail addict
    Reminds me... my bud and I saw a place out on 94 with a screened-in canopy in the middle of their yard with bunk-beds. We thought it would be a great place to crash for the night... but seriously, BUNK BEDS OUT IN THE YARD, IN A SCREEN ROOM?!?
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Members who have read this thread: 0