Cam Question (PhotoJohn and anyone else)- Mtbr.com
    Schmeow Productions
    how about the sony dsc p200?

and btw... my name is JJ too

mtbr member

Cam Question (PhotoJohn and anyone else)

I'm lookin for a new digital cam and I narrowed it down to a few choices so I thought I'd get some opinions on my picks. Mostly for biking (obviously) but for other stuff too....hot chicks, cars, big trucks, hot chicks etc etc (did I say hot chicks?) Anyway here they are and why I dig each one...

1.) Minolta Z3 (my fav so far) - (about 360.00) Cool black rubberized casing, 4Meg, 12x Zoom, anti shake, big monitor, tons of setting features (comes with free beginner photography class), excellent pic quality, not as compact tho

2.) Nikon 4600 - inexpensive ((160.00), 4Meg, big 1.8" monitor, compact (easily fits in camelbak), very good pic quality, very easy to use

3.) Fuji S5100 - (285.00) 4Meg, 10x zoom, 1.5" monitor, Rugged casing also, tons of settings, no image stabilizing, mem. card is expensive, good pic quality also

Let me know what you guys think....I like the Nikon (mainly because it's inexpensive and compact enough to fit in my pack) but I don't mind spending more money for a better camera. I'm sort of a gadget fanatic so I dig the Minolta the most. If anyone has any experience with any of these cams, let's hear your reports. Thanks a lot guys.
    - JJ
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    how about the sony dsc p200?

and btw... my name is JJ too
    LoL....you remind me about that like once a week.

I'll check the reviews on that cam tho....thanks bro.

mtbr member

Canon

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo13
    I'm lookin for a new digital cam and I narrowed it down to a few choices so I thought I'd get some opinions on my picks. Mostly for biking (obviously) but for other stuff too....hot chicks, cars, big trucks, hot chicks etc etc (did I say hot chicks?) Anyway here they are and why I dig each one...

1.) Minolta Z3 (my fav so far) - (about 360.00) Cool black rubberized casing, 4Meg, 12x Zoom, anti shake, big monitor, tons of setting features (comes with free beginner photography class), excellent pic quality, not as compact tho

2.) Nikon 4600 - inexpensive ((160.00), 4Meg, big 1.8" monitor, compact (easily fits in camelbak), very good pic quality, very easy to use

3.) Fuji S5100 - (285.00) 4Meg, 10x zoom, 1.5" monitor, Rugged casing also, tons of settings, no image stabilizing, mem. card is expensive, good pic quality also

Let me know what you guys think....I like the Nikon (mainly because it's inexpensive and compact enough to fit in my pack) but I don't mind spending more money for a better camera. I'm sort of a gadget fanatic so I dig the Minolta the most. If anyone has any experience with any of these cams, let's hear your reports. Thanks a lot guys.
    - JJ
    I'm a Canon fan myself. I have had great luck with a variety of different Canon cameras. They have always given me my moneys worth. Check out Canon's www site. They make some good compact cameras. Good luck.
    Last edited by Shuntavi; 09-10-2005 at 06:26 PM. Reason: sp

abolisher of A$$holes
    I asked photo-John the same question a few days ago and his response for a digi camera around $350 was: Casio Exilim EX-Z750 ($400-450) or Sony DSC W7 ($400)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuntavi
    I'm a Canon fan myself. I have had great luck with a variety of different Canon cameras. They have always given me my moneys worth. Check out Canon's www site. They make some good compact cameras. Good luck.
    I was too until I got my ZR-85 (digital Video)....which incidently is back at Canon right now being repaired and it's got MAYBE 5 hours on it. Really crappy video in anything less than perfect lighting and if you adjust it for low light or sports (high speed) filming the video is so grainy it's unreal. Not impressed with this camera at all.

(which is why I'm looking for a good still cam)

Juanjo
    Hey VooDoo##

My name is JJ too

What about Olympus... a month ago I sold my 35mm system and bought a Olympus C7070 with 7.1MP and can't be any happyer... make a little research on that one and u can get it for less than 400...

http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...x.aspx#reviews
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

mtbr member
    LoL @ My name is JJ too.

Word. I'll check it out and read the reviews. 7.1 Meg camera for under 400 bones sounds like a deal. Mucho appreciation for the tip good sir.

mtbr member
    PhotoJohn....where you at bro?

I was hoping to get some feedback on my picks tho. Specially from anyone who owns any of them. Thanks peeps.

Members who have read this thread: 0