Bunker Jump Session Video- Mtbr.com
    _

Bunker Jump Session Video

I just posted this in the thread about the Reading PA Shuttle Day... But I just made this today and I'm pretty stoked on it, So I thought I'd give it it's own thread.

This is an old jump from out there (Mt Penn. Reading, PA). But right before winter a homeless dude moved into that little building and tore the jump out. Which sucked because I was finally getting ready to man up and hit it... Then it was gone. We finally re-built it yesterday. I worked up the courage to hit it, and kinda missed the landing to the high left. Didn't crash or anything, but wanted to hit it smoother. So I went back out today and sessioned it a bit to Dial it in more...

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3825751&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=ffffff&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3825751&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=ffffff&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/3825751">Bunker Jump Sessionage</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1477613">Danny Bechtel</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

mtbr member
    I hate you! Just keep rubbing it in you bastard
    Team _________

mtbr member
    "It was so fast. I didn't even remember it"

dirt rules
    Looks like a fun little gap. Thanks for posting the vid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    so how far do you think the gap is? I've see footage of that from some duryea downhill race videos I've watched on youtube. Some of the guys really sent it off there, but what's the minimum distance you'd have to cover to clear it?

_
    Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster
    I hate you! Just keep rubbing it in you bastard
    Ha, Ryan said you'd be kicking yourself all week for not hitting it after I did! I bet he's right...

Quote Originally Posted by iridemtb
    "It was so fast. I didn't even remember it"
    Dude the first time I didn't! But, these times I did. It does go so fast though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    so how far do you think the gap is? I've see footage of that from some duryea downhill race videos I've watched on youtube. Some of the guys really sent it off there, but what's the minimum distance you'd have to cover to clear it?
    Ummm Casey and I did a little walk-off measurement thing and it was about 20 of my feet, which are size ten. So, Give or take a few feet... probably around 15ft? It looks a lot bigger than it does on the video when you're actually standing at the lip looking out.

_
    Oh and BTW Hesh To Steel, the ramp is built out less steep now than it used to be. I think it used to throw you up more. I dont know first hand cuz I didn't hit it the way it was before but now theres barely any lip to the jump so it's sort of like a really high speed drop.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Sick!!

What's in the bunker?????

_
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d
    Sick!!

What's in the bunker?????
    Well. There used to be burnt litter and junk in there. And it smelled like pee. Then the homeless dude lived there. Then he got arrested and now it's borded up. So. Probably not much.

Glad to Be Alive
    sweet........
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Nice, I'll be up there for the shuttle day saturday, I hope I have the stones to hit it. Are those two large ladder-bridge drops still there too?

_
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    Nice, I'll be up there for the shuttle day saturday, I hope I have the stones to hit it. Are those two large ladder-bridge drops still there too?
    Nah Man. All Wordwork got torn down years ago. The only thing that'll stay without being torn down anymore is dirt based jumps/drops. Even they get torn down from time to time...

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure it's around 25ft. I don't think we walked it off right. Plus my shoes are huge
    Team _________

_
    Oh! damn. Yeah actually you might be right I was measuring it kinda sloppy all dancing around with one foot in front of the other.

Now I'm interested though. Cuz if it's 25 I've not just surpassed, but pretty far surpassed the biggest jump I'd done before that. I'll go out some time with a tape and measure it...

Pro Crastinator
    looks fun, but that's about 17 feet max...

mtbr member
    I want a remedy now.... That bike was so fun. My demo just gets like a pig sometimes. It is fun, but only on the fast rocky stuff, or really big fast jumps. It is very forgiving though. But your remedy is so flickable.

_
    Quote Originally Posted by iridemtb
    I want a remedy now.... That bike was so fun. My demo just gets like a pig sometimes. It is fun, but only on the fast rocky stuff, or really big fast jumps. It is very forgiving though. But your remedy is so flickable.
    Yeah dude it's by far the funnest bike I've ever had. Hands down. We can trade bikes on a whole run one day if you'd like. But you gotta promise not to give her any more scratches or scuffs...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'd say the gap is about a solid 20 feet when cleared correctly. And not to argue with your earlier statement, but the jumps actually got a little bit more pop than it used to. It's easier to overshoot at least lol. It's nice to have it back tho, it's just like such a perfect throw, and a decent sized gap that you basically coast into to clear, but still legit if you crash cause your going pretty fast lol.

And yea the remedy kick's ass!

Members who have read this thread: 0