Bullit w/ LRP set up question..- Mtbr.com
    Recovering Weight Weenie

Bullit w/ LRP set up question..

bought a 68x113 BB for the wife's new Bullit w/ an LRP.
    will this size fit no problem or do I need a longer one?

TNC
    noMAD man

Tried a 118 on mine first.

Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    bought a 68x113 BB for the wife's new Bullit w/ an LRP.
    will this size fit no problem or do I need a longer one?
    It gave me a lousy chainline. I went with a 113 RF with the removeable 5mm spacer. It worked perfectly. It worked a lot better than a non-adjustable 113 of another brand that I tried. Both of my Bullits seem to work best with the chain rings as reasonably close to the BB as you can get them. In 2 years I did drop the chain onto the BB somehow only once. Both LRPs have worked well. I don't know if I'd recommend installing those set screws, however, on the tensioning arm. Seems like some nasty consequences if/when you whack the arm on something big. I've had no problems leaving them off of mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Recovering Weight Weenie
    wow! you sure keep breathing life into an old Bullit frame.
    One day, you'll have to up it to a new frame! Then you can run an 8" rotor in the back.
    Then again, prolly to heavy for you.
    Thanks for the input.I'll screw with it and see what works. I think I'll try the 113 RF.

Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    It gave me a lousy chainline. I went with a 113 RF with the removeable 5mm spacer. It worked perfectly. It worked a lot better than a non-adjustable 113 of another brand that I tried. Both of my Bullits seem to work best with the chain rings as reasonably close to the BB as you can get them. In 2 years I did drop the chain onto the BB somehow only once. Both LRPs have worked well. I don't know if I'd recommend installing those set screws, however, on the tensioning arm. Seems like some nasty consequences if/when you whack the arm on something big. I've had no problems leaving them off of mine.

TNC
    noMAD man

Funny thing is...

Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    wow! you sure keep breathing life into an old Bullit frame.
    One day, you'll have to up it to a new frame! Then you can run an 8" rotor in the back.
    Then again, prolly to heavy for you.
    Thanks for the input.I'll screw with it and see what works. I think I'll try the 113 RF.
    I just got back from Moab. I took this older '99 and also my '03 with all the 7" stuff. The '99 worked out better in most situations there. Even on nastier, fast sections of Amasa and Porq Rim, the '99 was easier to flick around and change course when necessary--which is often. I did have the 7" 5th Element rear shock setup on the '99, however, instead of the 6" Manitou 4-way air. The rear coil-over was better for the drops and gnarly terrain on those trails than the air. That Z150 air fork, however, was extremely competent on all the Moab trails--another pleasant surprise.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Good to know as I'm heading to Moab this Wednesday.

I think I'll set the wife's Boxxer at 6" on her Bullit... but for me.. I'm thinking very hard about swapping my Jr. T for the Z1 for the trip.... hmmmmmm...decisions decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    I just got back from Moab. I took this older '99 and also my '03 with all the 7" stuff. The '99 worked out better in most situations there. Even on nastier, fast sections of Amasa and Porq Rim, the '99 was easier to flick around and change course when necessary--which is often. I did have the 7" 5th Element rear shock setup on the '99, however, instead of the 6" Manitou 4-way air. The rear coil-over was better for the drops and gnarly terrain on those trails than the air. That Z150 air fork, however, was extremely competent on all the Moab trails--another pleasant surprise.