bullit vs blindside- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

bullit vs blindside

Hey guys,

Please help me out! I plan to get a new DH ride for the 09 season and i'm on a tight budget. I'm planning to a Transition Blindside paired with boxxer team.

Is the Blindside almost the same compared to the (old)Bullit because they are both single pivot bikes? Because i already have an 2005 Bullit and using it as my AM bike. Would getting a Blindside a waste of money because of the similar ride? Or just save my money and get a boxxer team for my Bullit?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    when I saw this thread I was going to ask "why are these two bikes even being compared"

then I realized you were asking if they were.

No, they are not. the blindside is a slack low DH bike and the bullit is a beefed up AM bike. The blindside will be way happier at high speeds and DH. get the blindside for DH racing

clyde in training
    blindside is your best bet

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Go with the Blindside. Mine is for sale if your interested. It has the floating disc brake and the boxxer team.

mtbr member
    Transition has a lifetime crash replacement policy. Santa Cruz has a 2 year warranty. Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't the blindside and bottlerocket be in a different catagory than a single pivot due to there being bearings/pivots at the rear of the chainstays? Seems pretty similar to vpp just that there are pivots at the front and rear of the chainstays instead of a bb swingarm.I own a 07 bullit and use it for all mtn/freeride and I have a vp free that I might part out in favor of a blindside because of the sweet warranty.
    Keep in mind that a blindside can only run a 135mm rear hub. Not that big of a deal but it might not be as stiff as a 150mm. Also the bb height is 14", which is more favorable for dh.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Brad
    Transition has a lifetime crash replacement policy. Santa Cruz has a 2 year warranty..
    He already owns a Bullit,so why would warranty information (as wrong as you may have it) play any part in his decision?

Santa Cruz: 2 year warranty,
    Transition: 1 year warranty,

Both companies offer crash replacements.

[that I might part out in favor of a blindside because of the sweet warranty.
    You appear to be grossly misinformed.

mtbr member
    I stand corrected, for some reason I thought transition offered crash replacement for any owner not just the original. Anyway does everyone else consider the blindside a single pivot. I guess I could see why a blindside is a single pivot(no lower swingarm) but I always thought that frames like the bullit, izumu, orange, etc were single pivots. Perhaps I am grossly misinformed.
    Last edited by Sugar_Brad; 10-29-2008 at 04:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Transition has a lifetime crash replacement policy. Santa Cruz has a 2 year warranty. Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't the blindside and bottlerocket be in a different catagory than a single pivot due to there being bearings/pivots at the rear of the chainstays? Seems pretty similar to vpp just that there are pivots at the front and rear of the chainstays instead of a bb swingarm.I own a 07 bullit and use it for all mtn/freeride and I have a vp free that I might part out in favor of a blindside because of the sweet warranty.
    Keep in mind that a blindside can only run a 135mm rear hub. Not that big of a deal but it might not be as stiff as a 150mm. Also the bb height is 14", which is more favorable for dh.
    bullit is definitly a single pivot. Some people would call a transition a single pivot because.... The pivot is in the seat stay (not the chainstay) so the rear wheel carries a similar path as a single pivot which i guess would be semicircular. the bikes will prolly ride differently becuase the point they rotate around is different, but will still suffer from brake jack like a bullit does.

edit:: I dont call them single pivots I ride a bullit. I would call the transition similar to the kona suspension (4 bar?)
    there are obvious differences (like there are a bunch of other places where the bike pivots) but some big similarities.

Members who have read this thread: 0