Bullit with a Shiver DC- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bullit with a Shiver DC

Is this fork too tall for a lg 03 Bullit? Is it too heavy? Any opinions are appreciated.

Artist formly Poop
    just do it
    Pirates are the S

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

ya

just do it it sounds good

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I used to ride with a couple guys that put Shivers on their Bullits...the old-school ones that you weren't even supposed to put a DC fork on. The weight wasn't a big deal, but the height took a little getting used to for them, but that's all relative depending on what you had on there before. Go for it, my buddies never regretted it.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis
    Is this fork too tall for a lg 03 Bullit? Is it too heavy? Any opinions are appreciated.
    Try PMing Jason@FBC. He rode and raced an 04 Bullit with a Shiver on it all last year. Bullit ride really nice with SHivers on them. If you PM Jason@FBC he may take awhile to get back to you because hes at Rampage for FREE .

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

mtbr remember
    What fork do you have on there now?? I could be wrong, but I beleive the axle to crown height of an inverted fork is usually taller than most uprights, but since the travel is 190mm, it might be similar to a 200mm(8") fork. I'm sure you could get used to it, I know people who ride hardtails w/ shiver dc's adn love'em.

Bullit ride really nice with SHivers on them.
    Sherpa - you seem very opinionated for changing them all the time- (judging from reading your other posts, really don't know you personally)
    you just got done ripping the Shiver DC a new one in another thread. I'm not trying to start anything, just pointing that out.
    Schralp it Heavy.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    Sherpa - you seem very opinionated for changing them all the time- (judging from reading your other posts, really don't know you personally)
    you just got done ripping the Shiver DC a new one in another thread. I'm not trying to start anything, just pointing that out.
    The only reason i ever dissed a Shiver was because of weight.

-TS

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    get the shiver...
    i have seen bullits with 888's and i think the 888 is taller than the shiver

V10 Freerider
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Try PMing Jason@FBC. He rode and raced an 04 Bullit with a Shiver on it all last year. Bullit ride really nice with SHivers on them. If you PM Jason@FBC he may take awhile to get back to you because hes at Rampage for FREE .

-TS
    Did he win the trip package from the race series in AR?
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenschwinn
    Did he win the trip package from the race series in AR?
    Yah, him and Marvin. *****es.

-TS

Just ride
    I think that would work great on a bullit. And the shiver only weighs a little bit more than the 888, The only thing with shivers is if ure a heavy guy they can be a little flexy. Sweet set up though.

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
    A useless spec from the 2004 SC brochure: Bullit has 178mm travel, and is intended to accomodate up to a 178mm fork.

I've never ridden a Bullit so any advice I'd give would be pretty much irrelevant, but I will say that I certainly see a ton of 190mm Shiver DCs on 170mm FR bikes at Big Bear.
    --Tod

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's law; I merely enforce it."

Glad to Be Alive
    Many many people run Shivers w/bullitts and love them....go for it

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    if you like the idea...

then i dont know why u need permission and seek approval from us...but i will offer my opinion seems as it was asked for...i dont see why you would do up a bullet with a shiver...personally i think a sherman slider plus or a boxxer would suit the bike better but if you obviously want a burlyer fork then go for it...

if i went for a more heavy duty fork id match it up with a 888 as its a bit lighter...but really if weight means nothing to you the like i said go for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Absurd
    My Bullit came with a shiver. I did'nt really like it, and I cant exactly put my finger on why. It is a little heavier than my current fork ( sup. T), and I dunno.. it just seemed like a big fork for a smallish bike, dont get me wrong, its a killer fork, just not right for the bullit. I kinda see the bullit as a trail bike on steroids, not a huge hucker, although there are some guys doing some insane sh!t on them! Since the shiver, I've had a Jr. T and a Super T on it, and the super T is the winner hands down. It has the HSCV like the Shiver, but it's a little lighter and yes....*FLAME GUARD ON!!!* I think a little stiffer... tortionally(sp). I guess it's all personal preference though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    it just seemed like a big fork for a smallish bike, dont get me wrong, its a killer fork, just not right for the bullit. I kinda see the bullit as a trail bike on steroids, not a huge hucker, although there are some guys doing some insane sh!t on them! .
    Your vision may be off. While it's capable as a trail bike, it's also a go-to bike for anyone considering some serious hucking. We could list a pretty good group of pros who have chosen it for big events such as Red Bull, etc... and there are plenty of us kooks on PinkBike, Mtbr, etc who choose it for the hucking too. The a to c height of a shiver is way lower than a triple 8, about in line w/ a super t, etc. in addition, the shiver is only about 1lb heavier than the super or junior t. i don't know how you think that could be too heavy? that's the difference between running dh or xc tires isn't it? Weyvoless is running a Shiver on his imitation Bullit and loves it. The Bullit is spec'd for an 8" fork. Do it.

Former Noob Herder
    have to agree, if your building your Bullit as a DHer or heavy FR, it'll suit the bike fine. I originally had my Shiver on a Stinky (upgraded to 8" rear) and the setup is great for the intended purpose of the bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    Your vision may be off. While it's capable as a trail bike, it's also a go-to bike for anyone considering some serious hucking. We could list a pretty good group of pros who have chosen it for big events such as Red Bull, etc... and there are plenty of us kooks on PinkBike, Mtbr, etc who choose it for the hucking too. The a to c height of a shiver is way lower than a triple 8, about in line w/ a super t, etc. in addition, the shiver is only about 1lb heavier than the super or junior t. i don't know how you think that could be too heavy? that's the difference between running dh or xc tires isn't it? Weyvoless is running a Shiver on his imitation Bullit and loves it. The Bullit is spec'd for an 8" fork. Do it.

Maybe it is the pound difference I'm noticing?? Who knows , like I say, in the end it's all personall preference. I use my Bullit primarily at the ski resorts ( f-yeah!! only 9 more months to North *!! ), with some DH race and local trail stuff in the winter, and after 3 forks, personally I like the Super T the best out of 'em all. It just seems like the conventional forks turned a little....for lack of better words..crisper. I don't really have any geo. specs to back it up, that's just the feedback I got from the bike. In the end, I'd like to save the pound, the tortional (sp) rigidity ( new word?) and only lose 1/2" with the Super T. Just my 2 pesos.

Uhhhhh...
    I'm putting a Shiver on my new V-10. Not joking either...

-TS

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    ya I have seen it done before.
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    ya I have seen it done before.
    That's the set up Tyler K. used when he won the 2002 rampage.