Bullit And 66 Shuttle Position- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

Bullit And 66 Shuttle Position

For Trail Riding And Moderate Fr When Using The 170mm 66 On The Sc Bullit, What Position Is Your Shuttle In? Does Running The Shuttle In The "less Slack" Position, Raising The Bb Height (16" Unweighted) Put The Riders Center Of Gravity Too High?

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur
    For Trail Riding And Moderate Fr When Using The 170mm 66 On The Sc Bullit, What Position Is Your Shuttle In? Does Running The Shuttle In The "less Slack" Position, Raising The Bb Height (16" Unweighted) Put The Riders Center Of Gravity Too High?
    I only ever changed mine when facing a looooong climb. There is a trail down here with a sweet 7 mile descent that is preceeded by a 9 mile climb. Adjusting the shuttle for a steeper head angle for the 1.5hour climb was much more comfy. Other than situations like that, it's too much hassle. Having a "too high" COG is not an issue unless you are riding down hill.
    On the other hand, the 66 is so tall that you could likely adjust the shuttle all the way and not notice the difference.

Some Assembly Required
    If your gonna be trail riding & climbing I would suggest putting your shuttle in the front holes pushing it backwards & raising the bb AND making the ha steeper. I tried to ride my Bullit, ( black ), in the slacked out position w/the 66 on it, unless your doing all dh its gonna be tough to trail ride & impossible to climb anything that is anywhere remotely steep. When you have your sag setup correct on your rear shock the bb won't seem that high.
    I read where Marzocchi is gonna make the 888 & the 66 shorter axel to crown for 06. Same travel I think, just shorter axel to crown. Can't speak about the 888, but the 66"rc" is AWESOME!!!!
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    I've had a similar experience with my 150mm 66 on an older 6" travel Bullit. Climbing anything remotely steep with the shuttle in the slack position caused the front end to wander and rise up a bit unless I really leaned forward. I liked the way the bike felt in the steeper setting much better.

mtbr member
    This thread is making me feel stupid I run a 66 170 and I have no idea what or where this shuttle thing is.

TNC
    noMAD man

Which year Bullit & shock?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur
    Bullits changed to some degree in '03, and they came with 7.875 X 2.25 and with 8.5 X 2.5 shocks at different times, and other sizes were installed by some owners. These factors can affect the answer to your question to some degree. Which Bullit and shock do you have?

TNC
    noMAD man

Robster, here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    This thread is making me feel stupid I run a 66 170 and I have no idea what or where this shuttle thing is.
    Here's an '03 Bullit shuttle. They differ only slightly from older Bullit shuttles which didn't have the slight angle you see on this one. Those two 6mm bolts you see in the pic will fit into two other bolt holes in the black shuttle which lets the shuttle go forward a bit (slacker head angle) or further to the rear (steeper head angle). This one is in the slackest position as the bike is running an 8.75 X 2.75 shock which is longer than stock to better match the Monster T on the front.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TNC; 05-18-2005 at 08:58 PM. Reason: add pic