Built up a nicolai UFO ST for Freeride.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Built up a nicolai UFO ST for Freeride.

08 Nicolai UFO st
    MRP G2
    FSA gravity light cranks
    Xpedo mag pedals
    Hope pro II laced to 6.1 (721s on the way)
    Sram road cassette (XTR cs m760 11/34 on the way)
    Carbon FSA gravity (diety dirty thirt bars coming white)
    X9 rear der/trigger
    Travis 180 tpc (have a 08 white fox 40 RC2 fir it also)
    Gravity gap stem (looking for a new 1.5 70mm)
    Intrinsic isx 6 evolver (marzocchi wc air coming)
    Magura loise with goodridge lines and DB levers (hope M4 new as of tomorrow)
    SDG I beam and I fly saddle
    Schwalbe Muddy mary 2.35

Weight came in at 36.6 but will be changing up a little and hopefully staying the same, probably going into the 37lb range.

My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

GAME ON!
    you have too much money
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

EastBaySteez
    Adopt me already you sob!
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

mtbr member
    LMAO! I got rearended wed. night so Ill not be riding for a bit. Guy hit the stinger on the hitch so it was direct to frame I was looking out the window actually leaning out trying to yell at someone that there tire was herniated and should be looked at.
    Dude slammed right into me and I was on the brakes stopped due to traffic and a red light, took the window pillar to the skull and the back.
    Dizzy, headaches, hearing loss in my left ear, short on breath, back is numb in a patch near last season breakage of it and spasms.
    No breaks in xray so good there and possible bruising of the lung (left) and getting a cat scan now to see if theres blood on the brain or fluid.

Im anxious to ride the nicolai though, it feels pretty good just sitting on and pedaling around the driveway but EEEHHHH! Cant rail it or jump because of headaches.
    My Sponsor House

GAME ON!
    see what happens when you drive a car? you lose all control. on your bike you've only got yourself to blame.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    or this guy!
    This is what a bike hitch does to the front of a van! Bent the hitch 4" up and tweaked the rear of the frame a bit too.
    Lifted the 4runner up (lifted at that with 33s) and moved it 4-5' forward.

My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    That's a badass Nic BC. Sorry to hear about the accident though, healin vibes~~~~.

I'm interested to hear your opinion on the differences between the Evolver and the ROCO. IME the Evolver ISX-6 is one of the best air shocks out there when adjusted correctly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearTech
    That's a badass Nic BC. Sorry to hear about the accident though, healin vibes~~~~.

I'm interested to hear your opinion on the differences between the Evolver and the ROCO. IME the Evolver ISX-6 is one of the best air shocks out there when adjusted correctly.
    Its pretty bad @$$, I played with it a bit today and Im impressed with it and the bike....

Once I get the swelling outa my head Ill get some ride time in. Loss of hearing, nausea, headaches, back spasms, numb patch on back etc... Makes for a intresting time. Got cat scans or possibly a rmi tomorrow...Ill post a ride report after some hard time on it.
    My Sponsor House

Roll on Spring Time!
    Injuries due to a bike related crash sucks but always seems worth it when compared to something like a car crash. Lucky none of your bikes were loaded up. Good luck with healing up.
    Outta curiosity, is the Nicolai gonna be used for some milage too? Could the Jedi not cover your freeride needs or you plan on having only setup in DH mode? I know you had a 66 up front which wood of helped lean towards more freeride. I was gutted to hear there are no plans for a mini Jedi, I wood of loved some of that rearward travel action but I dont want a full blown DH rig. All my bikes have gotta do some milage.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo
    Injuries due to a bike related crash sucks but always seems worth it when compared to something like a car crash. Lucky none of your bikes were loaded up. Good luck with healing up.
    Outta curiosity, is the Nicolai gonna be used for some milage too? Could the Jedi not cover your freeride needs or you plan on having only setup in DH mode? I know you had a 66 up front which wood of helped lean towards more freeride. I was gutted to hear there are no plans for a mini Jedi, I wood of loved some of that rearward travel action but I dont want a full blown DH rig. All my bikes have gotta do some milage.
    Thanks and yeah pretty excited to get feeling better! LMAO

Its going to probably get dialed for more freeride and the Jedi will remain the DH sled. Its a hard call but Im cosidering dropping the Nicolai down to 6" rear and doing a fox 36 and build it even lighter. Havent decided yet. It will see time, its a good single pivot design which I like anywase.
    They will both serve a purpose, I dont want to ride a bike and come accross something I cant ride then Ill be irritated I didnt bring the big bike. Thats where the Nicolai comes in more FR and I can still slaughter a nasty rutted steep chute or jump and pedal as well.

I jedi will keep the black/white/red build and the Nic is getting black/white/blue build.
    My Sponsor House

_
    Sick looking bike. Sounds really painful man. Good luck healing. Hope it happens quickly.

Bottlerockin'
    Does anyone know how the shock shuttle settings affect rear travel/geo? I'd be interested to know how the different holes along the downtube affect geo -- (I know the holes on the swingarm adjust rear travel)

mtbr member
    OK got back from a cat scan and some ?able x-rays at the hospital just now! Im off for atleast 6-8 weeks. My T7 and T8 (spine) have compression fractures in them from the accident! So no updates anytime soon!

As far as the front holes dont do the travel the adjust the head angle so when you ust the rear to adjust travel you can control the HA as well as this will allow you to run different shock sizes as well! I think its kind of cool, Im impressed.
    My Sponsor House

biking is fun
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler8
    Does anyone know how the shock shuttle settings affect rear travel/geo? I'd be interested to know how the different holes along the downtube affect geo -- (I know the holes on the swingarm adjust rear travel)
    I think it was a good idea and they had good intent when they did it but definately fell short. Even when you run it at the highest BB height and "steepest" HA (shuttle all the way back closest to the seattube) my HA was 65 and bb was 13.8. It was 2 holes forward when i got it and the HA was 63 and the BB was 13.3. so the other 6 or 7 holes forward would drop it something stupid like 50 something HA and 11 BB. not very useful but still cool.

The travel adjust was the cool part

Bullcrew- you should try it in the 2nd to lowest setting. the bike feels really good at 175 rear travel. thats where i ran it 90% of the time. also having a 66 ata helped mine to feel very versitile. Ran it at whistler and had a blast. It felt like a long travel transition bottlerocket. also when you crank it to 140 you can cruise uphills very well.

ok enough talking, it is making me miss mine. i had mine at 36 pounds even...

On a side note my new frame will arrive tomorrow!!!!!??????!!!!!!!

Glad to Be Alive
    very cool....

love the MRP G2
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    very cool....

love the MRP G2
    It was on there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats all Im saying thats my story and Im sticking to it!

Actually it was on there but Im customizing it over the next few weeks so things are a changing.
    My Sponsor House

Members who have read this thread: 0