building a dream bike.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

building a dream bike.

Do you guys save up till you get the cash and purchase everything at once, or do you pick up parts as deals come by?

By the way, I'm thinking of going with an evil imperial frame for versatality (sp?), thoughts on that?

mtbr member
    for me im into the whole instant gradification thing....i hate waiting for things but i do search for deals. there always seem to be deals on the net. i haven't exactly built up a dream bike but pretty close atleast with my HT. i got the parts for that though kind of over time but that is just how it worked out. i say make a list of everything you want.....make sure it will be compatible and then find each part for as cheap as you can. imperials are versital when set up the right way i think.

mtbr member
    I'm thinking either of three fork choices,
    1. Marz 66RC
    2. take the Travis single 150 off my Gemini and put it on the HT
    3. RockShox Pike

I was worried about the travel of the pike, the imperial seems like a frame that wants more travel than the average HT.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lickqid
    I'm thinking either of three fork choices,
    1. Marz 66RC
    2. take the Travis single 150 off my Gemini and put it on the HT
    3. RockShox Pike

I was worried about the travel of the pike, the imperial seems like a frame that wants more travel than the average HT.
    i have scene quit a few IMPS with sub 150mm travel forks. dont think it will be a problem depending on what you are using it for

mtbr member
    i want it to do anything from DJ to DH and accel at trail riding as well. Thats why I really like the adjustibility of the Pike.

Disco-Superfly
    It would be smart to buy everything at once, but at the same time smart to buy everything when there is a good deal......... hard decision............
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    It would be smart to buy everything at once, but at the same time smart to buy everything when there is a good deal......... hard decision............
    tell me about it, what do you guys think about a boxxer ride? I really want a marz this timme, but that adjustable travel is looking real nice.

Florida Rider
    Imperial is a sick frame

I would get either the pike or the 66, Unless you like dual crowns on hardtails, If you do, get the boxxer for the adjustability

mtbr member
    i dont mind dual crowns, I was just wondering what the pike and boxxer reviews are like, I know the marz reviews are great of course.

mtbr member
    a 66SL

Members who have read this thread: 0