Bromont- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bromont

mtbr member

Bromont

Hey I am getting married this weekend and we are heading to montreal for our honeymoon. The weekend after I am going to be staying at the resort on mt. bromont. I've never ridden there before, what can I expect ? any events happening around that time? what are the best trails to hit up, stuff like that.. any info would defintly be cool. if any of you are going to be there that weekend it would be cool to tag along with somone fimilar with the mt.

mtbr member

bromont info

You're gonna love it!

Check out www.bromontbiking.com to see if there are any events going on. Here's some suggestions:

Try # 5 (extra light), # 6 (champion du monde) or # 7 (bing bang) to warm up on. These trails are flowy, fast and not as rocky as the ones on the east side of the hill.

Try "radical" (#20) for a really good run...my personal fav.

WEAR ARMOUR!

For more challenging rides try # 9 , "Adrenaline", "L'indescent" and the Canada Cup course. Be ware of these trails...they are wicked and fun, but unforgiving if you don't concentrate. LAY OFF THE BRAKES IN THE ROCKY SECTIONS!!
    These trails have steep rock faces, ladders, drop offs and you can hook up some dirt jumps at the bottom.

reply if you want more details.

Enjoy, and congatulations!

Gabe
    p.s. as a newly married man you'll want to watch out around the water slide. The eye candy there in the summer is dangerous...

V10 Freerider

here is a link to some pics...

Quote Originally Posted by Felpur
    Hey I am getting married this weekend and we are heading to montreal for our honeymoon. The weekend after I am going to be staying at the resort on mt. bromont. I've never ridden there before, what can I expect ? any events happening around that time? what are the best trails to hit up, stuff like that.. any info would defintly be cool. if any of you are going to be there that weekend it would be cool to tag along with somone fimilar with the mt.
    http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...hlight=bromont
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

mtbr member
    That's good to know, thank you.. Do you know if they have a shop (bike) on the mt where I could rent some pads and or tune up the bike if needed, spare parts etc..... I dont suppose you'll be in the area and up for ride sat the 17th? the more info the better.
    ~Mark

mtbr member

yep, there's a shop

It's not the cheapest but it's fully stocked for downhill riding. It's right at the base of the chairlift. They do rent armour, I think. Don't be too thrown off by my warnings. My first time there I rode my Pipeline 5" travel, xc helmet and only shin guards. I did fine with a few wipeouts. If you can get knee, forearm, shoulder and back protection it just helps you have a better time. Full face helmet is a must. They rent those at the shop too. There are miles of wicked xc type trails as well, which you can link up with any of the lift acessed trails. Unfortunately I'm stuck in and around flat Toronto until Thanksgiving, when Bromont closes. My mates and I booked a chalet for closing weekend to do it in style.
    Gabe

mtbr member
    Thanks again.. I'll be up there on My Banshee Chapperal.. not to worried...but it's good to know if somthing unexpected comes up there is a dh shop to get me on my way... full face and shin guards are what I'll be looking to pick up. Those picks from ridemonkey look alot like the terrain Sunday river had which I've got some riding time on ... should be a blast I cant wait!! thanks all for your time and if any come across anything that might be useful post away..

mtbr member

those pics are good, but

they are mostly from open areas where the singletrack trails cross the ski hill. The lines I mentioned are indeed the best and are predominantly within the wooded areas...hard to take photos in there. It's a lot more rythmic and flowy than those pics let on. Get a map from the lodge. The Chap will do you well. I ride a similar bike, the Cove G-Spot, with a dual crown, and it kicks at bromont.
    G