Bromont 2005 (pictures)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Bromont 2005 (pictures)

So this is a little old, but i never did post it. Most days at Bromont, Quebec are rainy and wet. The trails are not super long, but extremely techincal and super fun. One of the pics gives you a good idea of the terrain. The world cup run flows so well, and you can rail everything. So, without further ado....
    This was my 4th or 5th time out, new bike, Giant Faith 2 and my buddies SC Bullit (he's really good). I took most pictures with a Pentax Optio (cause the camera can fit in an altoid box its super resilient). I dont even have a jersey yet....robocop style.

Bottom of the mountain at 10am, grabbing some last minute food and setting up.

The runs are covered in roots, rocks and some bridges. this was like the only day of brilliant sunshine

An awesome near vertical section, the camera doesn't do it justice.

Super difficult section. the bottom requires a hard left off-camber turn on loose soil after descending a twenty foot near vertical slick rock section.

One of my first ever drops. i have no jersey or goggles. instead i use Ray Bans...

Some nice shots

Nice Wallride

Bit a TLC

Great ride out, recomend all to try bromont...

Glad to Be Alive
    very sweet pics....looks like fun
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Florida Rider
    great pics

not really a noob
    looks hella fun
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

rockin the mid-west
    look's like a sweet place to ride.
    nice photos
    PUNK FOR LIFE
    freeride & Down hill for life
    Companies I support
    E-13
    Shimano
    Maxxis
    EBC
    Marzocchi
    SIXSIXONE
    Specialized
    Arrow Racing
    Truvativ
    W.O.R.B.A. supporter
    I.M.B.A. supporter

kona-tize me captain
    looks like a fun place, rock walls look sweet
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    lookin good

mtbr member
    I just went to Bromont last week-end. It is WAY SICKER this year and constantly evolving early in the season! Double blacks are now super-gnarly rides! Trail 20 now has a 5' drop to very narrow flat ENTRANCE with boulders all around to discourage walk-arounds and newbies from wandering outside their ability. Further down the course, there's a really steep rocky chute that's been cobblestoned into a steep drop to ridiculous steep wood tranny covered in chicken wire that g's to a sharp right-hand berm some 25' below.

They're still building at Bromont and the trail-builders are taking note of the groomed bike park themes out west. Trail 7 has a number of kickers and berms. It opens near the top with a 4' drop to flat and then progresses towards some sweet A-line goodness! It's not quite there yet this early in the season but you can see the effort to build flow. They've hauled TONNES of dirt into an open area where I expect a slopestyle park to be built up.

Maybe it's because of mechanical issues and only my second real DH day of the season but Bromont feels more challenging this year than last. If you're from the northeastern US then I'd highly recommend considering Bromont as a summer road trip. Friends of mine who've been to Diablo and Bromont prefer Bromont. Trail pass is $29 CAD.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    nice pics. the place looks awesome.
    East*Bay Riders Union

CRANK BROTHERS

Keep Castro Alive!

Members who have read this thread: 0