Brodie hardtail frame feedback needed- Mtbr.com
    Canadian sock wearer
    Feb 2004

Brodie hardtail frame feedback needed

Well, I have posted this in the Canadian Bikes section but there does not seem to have a lot of action going on there so I'll ask for some more info here.

I am looking to upgrading my style and my ride with something serious that can get me pretty much anywhere. I live in Canada and was told that Brodie hardtail frames are bombproof and reliable. I am currently looking at the Hellion since my budget is no more then 1k, preferably under that.

http://www.brodiebikes.com/_2004/bur...lion/index.php

This bike pretty much has everything I need but I would love some rider feedback. Is that bike ridable as a daily commuter? Will I sprain my back trying to ride this one 15 miles per day? Can it handle itself on trails and for some downhill action?

I am on a budget and cannot afford to have two bikes, so this has to be a wise decision. I will not be able to test drive one for a week at the very least, so are there any other brand with a simillar geometry and equipment that I should think about? Keep in mind that I am 6'4" and my inseam is a true 36"

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

not much help but...

I lucked out and found an 03 Bruzza that I just put some money down. I only test rode it in the parking lot so it felt nice but that wasn't much of a test. I have heard nothing but good things about Brodie. I would stick with it. We are basically getting the same bike except mine has an 03 DJ3 and I'm upgrading to hayes Hydros for an extra $200.
    I'm planning to learn some urban on this bike, plus push my freeriding a bit farther. Also the occasional cross country ride and commute (not as long as what your doing though).

Well I'm rambling. I am stoked about my Brodie. I hope you like yours.

Canadian sock wearer
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude_Here
    Also the occasional cross country ride and commute (not as long as what your doing though).
    So, you are able to pedal this baby uphill after all? Did yours come with the bashguard? How do you feel riding it without the upper gears in the city? Is it "empty" when you get to the point where you would use that third gear?
    Last edited by ET_QC; 03-06-2004 at 11:49 AM.

HAL
    mtbr member

Go for it

It will be light weight enough to be pedal anywhere you want to go and the frame will be strong enough to take any punishment you can dish out. And the 04's look amazing as well.

There's no app for this.

check

over in www.nsmb.com, a Vancouver based website with lots of Brodie riders. On the trails you won't be disappointed, I have no clue how it might ride for a commuter.

Jim

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sry but I can't give any more info. I only did a parking lot ride to see how the frame size felt on me. I'm 6'0 and am getting an 18. I also tried a 17. Both would have been ok but the 18 felt a little more comfy. When I have some time I'll take it on a half hour urban ride and let you know. I won't get more experience on it until I pay it off and take it home

anyone wanna lend me $900, hehe