Brake response question? and Slider pressure question?- Mtbr.com
    Master of Custodial Arts

Brake response question? and Slider pressure question?

Got my new Sherman Slider Plus installed and wondered how much pressure should be in the shock. Also wondered how the blue knob on the bottom worked and what it controlled. So far it seems to control rebound. Another question about my brakes. The response in the back seems to be loosening and the breaks are starting to slide. I have disk brakes with 6" rotors. Its just the brake lever doesn't feel very responsive. What can i do to raise the sensitivity of my brakes?

Sep 2004

i can help a bit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar
    Got my new Sherman Slider Plus installed and wondered how much pressure should be in the shock. Also wondered how the blue knob on the bottom worked and what it controlled. So far it seems to control rebound. Another question about my brakes. The response in the back seems to be loosening and the breaks are starting to slide. I have disk brakes with 6" rotors. Its just the brake lever doesn't feel very responsive. What can i do to raise the sensitivity of my brakes?
    dude.... the shock ........i cant help u with....sorry. The brakes i can depending on if they r mechanical or hydrualic.....if they are mechanical then u might have brake line stretching or the pads aren't close enough to ur disc when u pull on the lever they dont apply enough pressure. If its that its a quick and simple fix.......basicly u can adjust the distance of the pads from ur disc by turning the nobs on each side of the brake.....its going to take a few tries to get it right but u will.......also if ur cable has stretched just loosen the bolt were the brake and cable meet pull it tight.... but not to tight leave some room for adjustment. For hydraulic brakes well u might not have enough fluid.... but dont take my word for it i just switched to hydraulics a couple of months ago..... my suggestion go to ur local bike shop and have them look at it for u.... cause hydraulics can be confusing!! i hope this helped , later

May 2004
    I have an 04 slider. They have the psi range on a sticker on one of the crowns. If it's not there for some stupid reason, the pressure range is 30-100psi. I don't really like spv that much so I just stick it on 40 or something like that. Personally i wish they made sliders w/ TPC+ and 7in. I think they might later on, from talking w/ Manitou. Also, the blue knob is rebound. Anyway, hope that helps.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    wow anyone check the date on this post, its like 7 months old. i dont even think gnar has that bike anymore.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    wow anyone check the date on this post, its like 7 months old. i dont even think gnar has that bike anymore.
    Nah, he has that bling IH World Cup. Stupid trolls.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Master of Custodial Arts
    Yeah, What the hell is up with this post. I barely remember writing that and I feel like a [email protected] for it.
    When my mom tries to tell me what to do I tell her to SHUT HER HOLE BEFOR I KICK HER IN THE NUTS!

Members who have read this thread: 0