BR action pics- Mtbr.com

Thread: BR action pics

check your six

BR action pics

Finially, but unfortunately due to an injury, I got a few action pictures. Thanks Kona for being the photo guy, you camera is the jam! I felt bad, I know you wanted to ride!

Here are a few shots from the most recent ride we had. Wookie ripped it up with the Trail or Park, I was on the BR.

The pics are big, so it may take me awhile to get them all posted.

-Sodak
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

check your six
    more
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    I really like the brown highlights... good lookin'.

Nice action pics too.
    Bikeless Rider

dontcha?
    dope, looks like fun.
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

check your six
    I did not mean to post another pic of the bike,... lol.. I was just pulling pics off my desktop to the upload page. Must have grabbed it too...

The Beaver
    The only thing that your bike is missing is a Ti coil...

Nice shots
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

Big Test Icycles
    Anyone think of taking a saw to the that tree stump in your 4th pic. Great looking bike.

check your six
    The stump adds to the knar....... But yeah,...we give it a little kick everytime we go out. Sooner or later, she'll give way...

Also, this is a local spot, and the guys who do the majority of the maintainaining do an amazing job for what the place is.

mtbr member
    i keep get the feeling BR are more about matching colors then riding...
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    To be blunt;

6) The Earth would begin to collapse into a black hole and it would make people sad.

Is flexy
    Quote Originally Posted by EDizzleVR6
    Yeah... Having a bike that not only rides well but looks good too is soooooo not gnar. It is also proven than matching colors increases rear triangle flex by 13.2%
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

freeride jerk
    sick ride man. Are you guna keep the diablo?
    SHANTY

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj Pope
    sick ride man. Are you guna keep the diablo?
    Oh yeah,... definately keeping the Diablo. The BottleRocket is intended for more "pedal" friendly applications. The Diablo is the jam, I love riding that bike. I will use it more of a DH rig than anything else. Got a hardtail for urban/DJ too.

check your six
    I got feeling that the color coordination disease is not only applicable to the Bottle Rocket, .. just look at all these color coordinated bikes...... My god, what am I thinking? D*ck!

With pleasure,
    -Sodak
    Last edited by sodak; 04-25-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice bike n pics
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

SuperInstigator
    Sweet bike man, is that a CF Syncros seatpost right there? Sweet rig.

EDizzleVR6 obviously only read the first 2 letters of the title of this thread, and satisfied that it was a thread about bottlerockets, he posted his negative comments about color coordination vs. actual riding time in BRs. However, one will notice that if he had read the rest of the title, or if such big words were beyond his comprehension, just looked at the pictures, ED would have noticed that this Bottlerocket and its rider leaves no place open for such irrevelant comments.

Just because his bike looks better than yours doesn't mean he doesn't ride it.

Mhmmm, and where are the action shots of you ED?

I like brown too! (sorry to jack your thread a little)

Those grips ARE brown, BTW-almost the same shade as the frame.

Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

check your six
    That is a nice bike tibug! I really like that frame. How heavy is that? What grips are those? I was lucky that ODI decided to offer their grips in brown this year. I really like the ODI Rouges, they fit my hands the best, I think.

I was a little "fired up" last night when I responded to ED. I have since edited it, was not worth it. lol... but it made me laugh...

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwehahaha
    The only thing that your bike is missing is a Ti coil...

Nice shots
    Man you are right about the Ti coil. I had one on my big bike with a Revox. I did not like the way it felt, also it rubbed on the shock body. I went steel on that bike, and I could not be happier. I am not concerned with weight, I am not embarassed to push the bike sometimes. It would look sweet though, I still have the one from the revox, but I am sure it would not fit on the DHX. Would it,.. hmmmm??

mtbr member
    the brown does look sick

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06
    That is a nice bike tibug! I really like that frame. How heavy is that? What grips are those? I was lucky that ODI decided to offer their grips in brown this year. I really like the ODI Rouges, they fit my hands the best, I think.

I was a little "fired up" last night when I responded to ED. I have since edited it, was not worth it. lol... but it made me laugh...
    Thanks! Those grips are Season Skaggle mushroom style grips. They (mushroom style) are still my favorite for urban type riding, but I still favor ODI Ourys for trail riding. I'll probably switch to Ourys because I do more trail riding than I though I would. A brown saddle woulf bring it all together though...I'm not really liking that Animal Strip pivotal seat...It's alright comfort-wise, but 2 staples near the nose keep coming loose and hooking on my b-ball shorts (my prefered shorts for riding).

I was worried about the brown color at first, but now that I've got it built up, I have NO regrets about color. I sometimes wish I had gotten a smaller frame from ebay (180$ shipped for that frame last year!), but I had to compromise between trail riding and urban/dj stuff.

All in all a great bike!

Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

mtbr member
    Better question --- who belongs to that lumber is see leaning up against the house?
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Shop
    Better question --- who belongs to that lumber is see leaning up against the house?

Ahh... you are the first to notice the "stash". Those supplies are for the Boneryard/Farm, whenever we get the chance. It's all about trash day,.. it's amazing what people throw out. Wookie got the last big score, but in this area, renovations are endless and so is the lumber. You just got to look for it.

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    Thanks! Those grips are Season Skaggle mushroom style grips. They (mushroom style) are still my favorite for urban type riding, but I still favor ODI Ourys for trail riding. I'll probably switch to Ourys because I do more trail riding than I though I would. A brown saddle woulf bring it all together though...I'm not really liking that Animal Strip pivotal seat...It's alright comfort-wise, but 2 staples near the nose keep coming loose and hooking on my b-ball shorts (my prefered shorts for riding).

I was worried about the brown color at first, but now that I've got it built up, I have NO regrets about color. I sometimes wish I had gotten a smaller frame from ebay (180$ shipped for that frame last year!), but I had to compromise between trail riding and urban/dj stuff.

All in all a great bike!

Tim
    I had two choices with the saddle. I had the Sunline V-one saddle (brown) or the one I got (KHE Dandy in brown). The Sunline retailed for over $100, the KHE Dandy was less than $25. I do not sit down too much, so comfort is not too much of a concern to me. The Dandy is actually pretty comfortable, better than expected. Check out the KHE site, there is some pretty cool stuff there. Profile racing also has some sweet suff too.

mtbr member
    Most recent action pics I've got:
    [/quote]

mtbr member
    Nice seat cover -----

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Shop
    Nice seat cover -----
    Look at you, Mr. Slueth.... That seat cover is a smooshy one for the girlfriend, she rock the Fuji, when she goes out.......

mtbr member
    Is that one of those S&S saddle?

check your six
    nope,.. just a cheap-o poopformace "comfort" seat cover.

Ideas Above My Station...
    Yeah i hear that people who ride well aren't allowed to have good taste......

Members who have read this thread: 0