Boxxer World Cup 2011 opinions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Boxxer World Cup 2011 opinions

Hi guys,

Any one with real time experience of the 2011 Boxxer World Cup fork?

I'm looking to buy a new DH rig before the end of the year and what I'm looking at comes with them.

I'd like to know from first hand experience what they are like for reliability and performance.

I've heard people say that the 2010s were stiff on the small bumps, how are the 2011s?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have no experience with them but in Mountain Bike Action magazine they have a test review article in this months issue. They seemed to like it more than the '10 model.

Locs on Spokez
    From my understanding they're still lacking the additional o-ring to keep piston stable and it's more or less the exact same as the '10 apart from the knobs
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican
    I have no experience with them but in Mountain Bike Action magazine they have a test review article in this months issue. They seemed to like it more than the '10 model.

Is that in the November issue, this one?

http://www.mbaction.com/ME2/dirsect....F9E3407&nm=TOC

I can't see reference to the review.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    yeah its in the Nov. issue page 47. they gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I didnt see it on their web page so it may just be an in issue review.

mtbr member
    Thanks, I'll try and get a copy at the weekend but it may be hard as I live in the UK. Unless may be someone could PDF me the pages???

Locs on Spokez
    Are you HONESTLY going to rely on MBAction for your DH info?

I can not believe that hahahahhahahhahaha
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

Commit or eat sh!t
    ^^ Yeah, you should not be relying on MBFiction. Basically it said it fixes many of the 2010 problems/issues and gave it 4 stars.

It's the lightest DH fork out there, by over a 3/4 pound over Fox 40, so if weight is important, you should get it.

mtbr member
    It's light. I'm not going to say it's a bad fork. It'll be more supple on little hits if you run a bit less psi in the air chamber but you may also blow through the travel easier. Why don't you go test ride one before pulling the trigger?
    The arsonist has oddly shaped feet!

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    New Boxxer must be amazing considering MBA gave the 888 EVO Ti five stars...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    New Boxxer must be amazing considering MBA gave the 888 EVO Ti five stars...

I know, those suck. Broke mine in 3 places after epic-freeriding off of my local curb.
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

Now with More Wood
    I have no idea why MBAdvertising insist on putting gravity action on a good portion of their covers, and even talking about DH bikes and the like. Like "DH Bike shootout!", or "Best Bike Parks in North America!". They're not exactly an authority on this stuff (interviewing Brian Lopes every 6 months doesn't count).
    And then you get article copy like "we rode the Fox 40 hard, and found that it works best in a DH application". Oh? And that review will probably be next to the "Top 10 Trailfoods" list.

I have to read the damn thing every time I travel, because it's the only one they sell at the airport here. So I always pick it up (I know, I shouldn't), knowing full well that I will be treated to 90% of rehashed Specialized/Trek PR, with editorial nuggets like "how to read tire tracks to figure out if the "opponent" (sic!) ahead of you on the climb is weak or strong". Yet, in a perverse and self-loathing sort of way, I can't help myself. I got to have another shot. I'm proabably just an addict.

my fun has a hurting
    sell the wc and get a team. same fork, but with a coil spring instead of air. much plusher on the small stuff while staying nice and progressive through the travel. keep in mind that i'm a bigger guy (225-230 with gear) and i don't enjoy air springs very much, by the time they are at a high enough psi to not blow straight through their travel, small bump compliance is pretty much shot.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i've heard they have the same damping internals as '10's? get a fox40

mtbr member
    Ok, well in the end I got a great deal on a used bike with 2010 WCs. The internals have just been changed to coils though. Should be nice and plush, I'm looking forward to giving it some abuse.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    maybe an '10 race ($671, CRC) and an avy cart ($300) would be nicer than an WC converted to teams. just a thought tho.

EDIT:
    my bad... you got the fork along with the bike. sorry...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan
    maybe an '10 race ($671, CRC) and an avy cart ($300) would be nicer than an WC converted to teams. just a thought tho.

EDIT:
    my bad... you got the fork along with the bike. sorry...
    still should look to the avy cart if he saved coin on the complete purchase then put a little extra towards the avy cart and he wont be wondering if there are any changes anymore...
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan
    i've heard they have the same damping internals as '10's? get a fox40

2011 40 has the same internals as my 08, just flipped over.

But I still want one!

Members who have read this thread: 1