BoXXer Upgrade- Mtbr.com

Thread: BoXXer Upgrade

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

BoXXer Upgrade

I have an '05 Boxxer ride fork. I know I can install '06 and later MoCo internals. Does anyone here know where I can purchase them? I've looked at all the normal online sources with no luck and my LBS doesn't have a clue. Any and all help is appreciated.

Glad to Be Alive
    Best Boxxer Upgrade I have ever seen
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    It is sad that your LBS does not know the answer to your question. They are on of the main reasons why so many of you on this board are Internet Whores.

Go back to your LBS and ask they if they use either Quality Bicycle Products(QBP) or Bicycle Technology International(BTI) both are major parts suppliers for the industry, and both are SRAM/Rock Shox parts distributors.
    If they use either one and still give you a hard time they can call the SRAM tech support line and one of the techs will check inventory at either place and give them the correct stock number.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Best Boxxer Upgrade I have ever seen
    is...........................................?

I looked all through BTI's website and they don't have anything listed. QBP's doesn't let you in if your not one of their customers, and SRAM has nothing on their site either.

It's amazing how hard someone has to work in this sport to figure out what they need- and what will work. For the most part, the magazine's in general don't even have any usefull info for a guy like me who is really into the technical side of the sport. It's hard for me to believe that the best source of info on this sport is a public message board(only because these things are so subjective), but so far that has been the case. My LBS is primarily Roadie occupied, so that explains there low Off Road IQ's. It's pretty frustrating to walk into the LBS and have to help THEM figure out where to get what a need/want instead of the other way around. I try to support them as much as I can though because I know the importance of having these shops around. I should qualify all this by says I'm probably are the far end of the spectrum(kinda OCD) as far as bike owners go- I like to know everything about everything if you know what I mean. 5 years as a Moto race mechanic will do that to ya.

mtbr member
    There are tons of small parts that will not be listed on BTI's site.
    Call up the SRAM support line and have one of the techs tell you what you need. All the techs have access to BTI and QBP inventory so they can tell you if they have the parts right then and there.
    I understand your frustration with your LBS.

Oh, So Interesting!
    The parts will run about $150... but you still won't have the Maxle. Maybe sell yours and get an '06 if you can find a good enough deal.

Is flexy
    According to Red5 this is what you need. He really know his sh1t when it comes to boxxers. This is what he told me i need for my 06 boxxer ride so i still think you need a moco damper for your fork which isn't listed.

"As for the upgrade, sure not a problem. Heres the part #'s you'll need...

06/07 Race/Team Spring Shaft Assem - # 11.4311.500.00

07 Service Kit - # 11.4015.172.000

Top Cap Kit - # 11.4307.316.000

You'll also need to get an 07 Team Spring, not sure your weight so I couoldn't give you a part #. Hit me back if you need it, otherwise the store should be able to help you. "
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Members who have read this thread: 0