Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Boxxer team 2006 leaking

696 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jov10 
#1 ·
My 2006 boxxer team has been leaking oil out of the motion control cap lately. When i compress the fork i can hear the oil squeeling and bubbling out from the cap. My crowns now have a dencent amount of oil on them. Anyone else have this problem? I am the origional owner so should just send it out to RS? What is there number and email address? Thanks

#2 ·
i had the same problem with my world cup. what it is, is the o ring in the motion control is blown or just needs to be replace. not that common though, as i was told by the tech. dept. at sram.

just send it back and sram should just replace it. Great customer service!! sent out the fork on a tuesday and got it back the next tuesday.

as far as contact info goes, www.sram.com under rockshox and get the service dept. from there.

#3 ·
jov10 said:
i had the same problem with my world cup. what it is, is the o ring in the motion control is blown or just needs to be replace. not that common though, as i was told by the tech. dept. at sram.

just send it back and sram should just replace it. Great customer service!! sent out the fork on a tuesday and got it back the next tuesday.

as far as contact info goes, www.sram.com under rockshox and get the service dept. from there.
maybe im just stupid but i cant seem to find any contact info. help?

#4 ·
jov10 said:
...not that common though, as i was told by the tech. dept. at sram.
I've heard of this happening a lot, and now my 06 Boxxer Ride is doing it as well. I'd kind of like to figure out how to swap out the o-ring myself rather than have to send it in. Overall it would be cheaper, and certainly less down time.

Unless they change more than the o-ring I can't see why it won't just start leaking again after a few months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.