Boxxer Flat Crown- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Boxxer Flat Crown

Anybody have one they wanna sell or donate? I had one (thanks DHS) that ended up not fitting on my R9 so I gave it to a friend. Now I'm selling the R9 (it could be yours! )and know a flat crown will fit my new rig.
    Anyone feel like being awesome? Will exchange for cash or beer... or I'll even take it for free!

Waiting for Godot
    your more likely to get somebodys arched original crown than a flat for free.

Meh.
    Shoot SRAM a email. I know somebody posted in the SRAM forum, he just bought a Boxxer thinking the flat crown would fit - it did not. The shop wanted to charge him. He sent SRAM a email and they had a drop crown sent to the shop to exchange for the flat crown.

Check out the forums for somebody to looking to trade for a drop crown (do you have one to trade or are interested in trading?). Somebody could be in a similar situation as you but needs the drop and has a flat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Shoot SRAM a email. I know somebody posted in the SRAM forum, he just bought a Boxxer thinking the flat crown would fit - it did not. The shop wanted to charge him. He sent SRAM a email and they had a drop crown sent to the shop to exchange for the flat crown.

Check out the forums for somebody to looking to trade for a drop crown (do you have one to trade or are interested in trading?). Somebody could be in a similar situation as you but needs the drop and has a flat.
    I try the email, thanks. And I have a drop crown if anyone's interested. My WC came with the flat, didn't fit, and I ended up trading my flat to a friend for his drop. So who knows, maybe all get one.

mtbr member

Wink

Shoot SRAM a email.
    Can't seem to find an email address for SRAM... point me in the right direction?

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by GnaR9
    Can't seem to find an email address for SRAM... point me in the right direction?
    SRAM Corporation
    1333 N. Kingsbury 4th Floor
    Chicago, IL 60622 USA

Tel. 312 664 8800
    Fax. 312 337 1502

[email protected]

That's a rather old email address - it should redirect you to somebody... I believe it still worked for that guy a couple weeks ago. Give it a shot.

mtbr member
    That's a rather old email address - it should redirect you to somebody... I believe it still worked for that guy a couple weeks ago. Give it a shot.
    Thanks man. We'll see how it goes. SRAM's always been super good to me, so I have my fingers crossed.

Meh.
    Thanks man. We'll see how it goes. SRAM's always been super good to me, so I have my fingers crossed.
    Same here. They usually hook it up... but don't be too surprised if they ask you to pay for (or maybe pro-deal) a new crown.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Go-Ride has them on their site.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Specialized Rida
    Anybody have one they wanna sell or donate? I had one (thanks DHS) that ended up not fitting on my R9 so I gave it to a friend. Now I'm selling the R9 (it could be yours! )and know a flat crown will fit my new rig.
    Anyone feel like being awesome? Will exchange for cash or beer... or I'll even take it for free!
    So what's your new name going to be..I can't be GnaR9 anymore....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skate
    So what's your new name going to be..I can't be GnaR9 anymore....
    Hahaha, I already got that covered.
    I shal soon be "DHGnaR"

N* Bomber Crew
    Hahaha, I already got that covered.
    I shal soon be "DHGnaR"
    What year DHR? Drilled or non Drilled? Ugh I need the DETAILS...DHR's are where its at.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    What year DHR? Drilled or non Drilled? Ugh I need the DETAILS...DHR's are where its at.
    07. No drilling needed I'm super excited to finally be rider a Turner. I take it you like your DHR?

N* Bomber Crew
    07. No drilling needed I'm super excited to finally be rider a Turner. I take it you like your DHR?
    Nice...07's are pretty sick. I like the weigh savings, the improved geometry, and stepped up 150mm rear axle and 83mm BB Shell, but ugh, not a fan of the round tubing.

As for my DHR. College soaked up a lot of my bike money for a while, but I'll have it built for the summer! I'm really excited to ride it, the DHR is where its at, tomcat.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Members who have read this thread: 0